Chapter 8:Woah! Livin on a prayer!
563 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(An: I did some spring cleaning on the already posted chapters. Adding in chapter numbers and taking the whole thing through grammerly. Hopefully it is better to read now that I am doing that. I have been writing a lot of stuff for other things. Mostly just to get better at this whole author situation. This involved a ton of different fanfics that had a few chapters done and then scrapping them when I couldn't find any path to take them. 

I do have a plan on where I want to take this, though it needs ciri from the witcher games to get to the end. So I hope you all are okay with that.)

*****

With the battle last night and the claws after me, I decided to upgrade my defenses. Both physical and on the cyber front.

Adding more server space for my ice to work with and adding extra defense to my network. Not much else I could do unless I spend a lot of time on it or buy the last level of software and maybe ice as well.

On the physical side, I decided to add an arasaka minotaur. A bipedal mech that has two heavy guns strapped to its side.

Pulling up the blueprints I began to alter it by taking away the outer armor and the guns getting down to the frame. The next hour was spent exchanging every part I could with something better. The first thing is the power source changing it to an upgraded nuclear battery that I had improved when I got more knowledge related to it.

With that powering it I could stack a lot of firepower. The most powerful extensive add-on being. the Halo shield. The shield uses energy to redirect most things away from the user, taking a few seconds if it is broken to recharge.

Next was replacing the frame material with vibranium and adamantium where I could. Bringing the entire durability to a whole new level. As well as boosting its speed a lot with it being able to handle the speed.

Second to last is the armor, which is just plates of adamantium with vibranium underneath it. And lastly is the weapons.

Putting the heavy machine gun back on its right side I pull up a grenade launcher that shoots tracking grenades and add it to the left. Adding 3 ports to the back and top of the minotaur. Placing a micro missile launcher on the top one right above its center I add 2 spartan lasers onto its shoulders.

Then moving some plates around I put a couple of A.V. thrusters on the side and the back of it. Boosting its speed and mobility even more. Along with all those I do the standard of changing every piece of sensitive equipment with the better versions of combining Halo and cyberpunk.

Meaning things like radar, sonar, cameras, and seismic sensors.

Looking at the beast I had made I set it to be run through with test in the computer, changing things minerly if problems pop up. Then having it replicated and put together when it's done replicating.

Seeing how big it is I have the construction bots make it its holding place on an upper floor with a way for it to be lowered and lifted to higher and lower floors.

Noticing that it had a problem with traveling I realize that other than here I can't help anyone or myself with my bots if they can't reach there in a fast manner. Pulling up the info on the warehouses I bought I get one close by and have the bots send over some construction and security bots with a replicator to fix it up and alter it for fitting a few pelicans and some more altered minotours.

Overkill for most situations, yes, useful when shit hits the fan, also yes. 

Speaking of replicators I scale one down and make it specific for making one or two things and put it into the mech. Giving it technically unlimited ammo. Putting the smaller replicators in places where they can feed the weapons. Especially the missile launchers, cause firing a nonstop barrage of micro death sounds nice.

***

The point that I got today was put into Wolverine's X-gene, giving me the know-how to give me his abilities. from regen to enhanced senses along with the bone claws. Though I will probably only be using the regen. The senses can be gotten from the spartan augments.

Pulling up the machine that a version of Project X used to make an army of soldiers with wolverine power I began studying it and how it worked. Making sure that the knowledge I got lines up with the real stuff. 

Nodding my head and replicating the machines and setting them up I also make the prep to be gone for a little while. Because as soon as I have my regen I'm going through the entire enhancement process. From spartan augments to cyberware I'm chipping in on everything.

So pulling up my contacts I start calling finishing the things I could while slowly prepping the procedures. Mostly just assign mercs for time-sensitive jobs and tell people that I will be no contact for a minute. And to call me for biz if it's urgent

10 minutes later Rogue was calling me.

"Why are you laying low? Is it the Tyger claws?"-Rogue

Tyger claws? what do they have to do with anything? Going to answer I get another call that I answer after asking Rogue for a moment. Picking up I go to ask what she's calling for when she explodes with questions.

"Why are you going quit, Is it from biotechnica? Is there anything I can help with?"-Sasha

"What does she mean biotechnica, did you piss off them along with the claws? You gonk..."-Rogue

"The claws, why the hell are you messing with them, you idiot? What the hell..."-Sasha

"Enough!! I can't talk to both of you to explain myself. Not that I even have to do that, but what the hell does it matter to either of you If I want to kill some claws running into my home to defend myself and others? Or if I have someone net run into a corpus net. I am a goddamn man and I'll do what I want when I want." I say while shouting over them and telling them to mind their own business. Seriously I can protect myself. I have an entire bot army at my back.

"Shut the hell up gonk head, you're a 15-year-old fixer barely 2 weeks into this job. And course I'm worried you just handed me deets on the drugs that killed my mom, of fuckin course I'm allowed to be worried."-Sasha

"You're making me millions in selling all that stuff you make. Plus you have good food, if you aren't alive then no more extra eddies and back to plain food."-Rogue

And those kids are how I learned that doing the macho man jig in front of an 80+-year-old woman who spent most of her life in NC and a 25-year-old girl who spent most of her teens looking out for her sick mother was a stupid idea.

The next 5 minutes were spent listening to them get creative with ways to call me a gonk. Hell, I heard Rogue say something about her foot and my ass, then she called me a dumdass. I don't know if they have that 70's show in this verse but if they don't Red Foreman just gave a nod of respect somewhere out in the multiverse.

After hearing them call me an idiot with being told to shut up when I went to talk by an angry Russian babe and a finely aged Latina woman. 

"Okay if you're done yelling at me for literally just telling you both to mind your own business, why did you two call me?"-Jake

"Because the rumors are that the Tyger claws are pissed at you and that you ended up fighting their netrunners in the net. I thought you were laying low until all of that blew over. I didn't think you would go and piss off a corpo as well."-Rogue

"Yeah if you were going to get caught up in the corpos crap I would have told you to keep away and I would have snuck in. Though I guess even if you did you would have to deal with the tygers.."-Sasha

Shaking my head a little at them I begin to explain why I will not be able to contact people.

"I'm not hiding away from some weeb ass bitchs and biotech didn't even know I was in their systems. I am going to go through some heavy augmentations and then have some cyberware installed. Nothing serious but it will take some time to do and then heal from. Don't worry about me, even if the tygers or biotech shows up in my mega building they would have to go through my bots and then catch me through the tunnels I have built into the ground."Well, the tunnels I just ordered to be dug. But tomato tomato.

While I could make my Batcave, Spartan cave? No, don't give the cave a name, maybe not make one either. Focus they're talking.

"Augments? Like bio stuff. what are you going through that for?"-Sasha 

"Yes, bio stuff. I'm just doing some gene therapy and speeding up some of my beneficial organs and such. Enhanced healing, stronger and more dense muscles, faster growing and slower aging plus I can make my height an even 6ft. More if I wanted to, but probably not. Most of it is to fix stuff out of place and get my body ready for cyberware. You can come over to watch if you want to, I'll even show you the bot army I'm building. Oh, I can also show you the minotaur."

I spent the next few minutes telling them about the minotaur and them promising to come over tomorrow to check on me. Hanging up I get down to the sub-level where I put all the more sensitive equipment that I don't want people to see, like the augmenting machines and the servers for the hub. As well as the mechanical arms that put on the Mjolnir armor.

Reaching the gene enhancer that would give me Logan's x-gene I strip while having it run a final diagnostic on the procedures. The machine itself was based on the vita ray chamber that was used to make Captain America. What it does scientifically is change the blueprint that the body uses to add in the x-gene. Using the vita rays with the SS serum as an agent of change. Then when you have the x-gene it puts the regen trait of logan into where the x-gene is.

Now that is a vastly simplified version but even I would have no idea of how to do any of this without an inspired inventor even if I had all the knowledge of it without it being out in my mind. Plus this is like super science to the nth degree. Most of what the gene does is just chalked up to be a super advanced form of human healing. Like duh, the guy can pull bullets out of his skull and just be pissed about it. What makes it so his brain just doesn't tell the body it's dead and just has it shut itself down or something?

Sigh, I guess that's what happens when the people who are doing the experiments hate who they're experimenting on. Putting that out of my mind I step into the chamber after it does its last minutes checks and prepares for the process.

I switch on the chamber with a thought and it begins to seal shut, the area fills with a numbing agent that leaves me paralyzed and unable to feel a thing. Next, the arms inside come out to inject me with the cocktail of serum that will allow me to change before the vita rays shoot in and the process begins. 

The last thought I had before the last dose hit me was that I was doing this to be cool. What a fucking gonk.

(AN: Rogue had/has a son, had no idea until a little bit ago. That's the reason why it seems like Rogue is putting so much attention on Jake, she sees he will probably be another legend and bring change. She is the queen of fixers after all, If she didn't have an eye for talent then she wouldn't be the queen. I have no idea how to do romance so while Rebecca is def going to be the love interest I don't know how to go about it, but I'll get so no worries. Peace!)

21