Chapter 9:Something’s Different about you.
865 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up and smelling a strong scent of bleach as if you put your nose right into the bottle is horrible. Not as bad as a hangover but pretty close. 

Of course not feeling any of the pains that I normally feel is more than enough for my senses to be a little bit more sensitive for a while. 

Especially when I have grown a bit. Just lying down on a medical bed I can see that I have an extra inch or 2. Cyberware optics for the win.

Getting up and heading over to the adjacent restroom I take a look in the mirror. My hair was rather shaggy and I had an increase in hair in other places as well. But along with that also came the much more healthy-looking skin and my hair was shining. I also filled out a lot more than I had before, being a street rat meant I did not have enough food growing up and that meant my body was malnourished. Giving me healing powers healed me of even that as my muscles had some volume to them, nothing much but more than before. 

Wasn't any bigger down there but that was fine, I am pretty average so no need to add on a stupid amount.

So other than giving me better senses and a more healthy body I also checked for my regen. By numbing my hand and giving it a cut across the palm. Yes, I numbed it I'm not insane and yes I had regen cause the wound sealed up within a second of its opening.

With that done I head over to get a proper medical check and then adjust my spartan program with the new data, data. Huh, I have the tech knowledge from 2 whole universes and I still don't know the right way to say data. Now truthfully I only got the tech stuff but other than that I should have been able to tell with the literal VI backing me up.

Anyway, I also had to set up my cyberware to adapt to the regen effect my body was giving off. It was pushing on my wear and making it rather uncomfortable to have. All of that was taken care of with a dose of a drug that made my body neglect the cyberware but that was temporary. I would have to alter my future gear to include something for that, easily done just another thing to do.

I had finished with the gene-altering and it was close to 1 in the morning, with the test taking some time to do I was free to work on the cyberware change and that also got me thinking of what the gear would be able to do. Now to reiterate I wanted most of the spartan augments added with the cyberpunk cyberware to make me a monster. More specifically sandevistan and the spartan natural reaction time will make me a speed demon. The augments themselves speed up my perception by 300%, with the sandevistan active I can move even faster than if I was augmented and think and see even more so.

Along with those I will also have an even better quick hack setup so I could sift through the net at superhuman speed and still have time to do my taxes. Not that I pay them, especially since the night city government is corrupt.Very corrupt.

Other than that I had the spartan armor and the shield with it for protection, with the suit made from a blend of meta metals that are super op. Truthfully I only had a problem with my weapons. Because as much fun as it is using any of the other explosive rounds with the guns I could field, I wanted something to just carry around without it being some kind of one-and-done gun. 

Maybe a lasgun or something cause while it is a very strong gun it's not gonna leave holes the size of people in the walls if I miss. Especially if I have it on a lowered power setting. I can make some of the spartan lasers but downgrade them in power. I don't need them to pop shields and go through armor after all so making them lower-powered with a higher fire rate should be good.

That's if I don't just buy the Lasgun from Warhammer or just the Warhammer verse tech itself. There is a shit ton of stuff in there that would make everything on this planet useless compared to it. Mostly just cause the Warhammer setting goes like ten million years back or something, And while that's just with the nechrons and eldars the humans came a long way in 30 thousand years and then fell in another 10. 

So I'll put a maybe on that purchase and focus on doing the upgrades to my cyberware which involves just setting up a DNA adaptor that makes my body see the ware as my body instead of an invader. That then allows me to put the chrome into my body without it being pushed out by my healing factor. My cyberpunk purchase that is at max lets me customize and wear whatever chrome I want but my healing doesn't seem to care. So bummer but not cause it's an easy fix.

With the first rays of the morning, I Got a point to spend that I banked for now. I needed to buy the last point for software and then I wanted to get maybe fallout or border lands. I wanted both for their versatility what with Fallout having teleporters miracle drugs, laser beams, and a plethora of different tech that I can use. Borderlands have stupidly overpowered stuff just hanging around but it's shield tech and the system that lets you come back to life. 

The new-u stations weren't canon in the story but the inspired inventor doesn't care. With that, I could set up some of those and get the rich idiots to pay me to keep them alive. I could also get some type of mind tech and manipulate their minds to take control of the world. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHa. But that sounds like a pain in the ass so maybe just make the new stations and restrict who can use them. Or something.

 Now that's for later cause right now I am done with the DNA adaptor for my Chrome. With the time being 5 in the morning, I decided to take a little nap till 6 and then I would spend the next few hours till Sasha and Rogue arrived getting everything for the spartan augments. Both the prep and the augmenting shouldn't take that long with all of it being automated, a few hours at most.

**********

After the hour-long nap, I had I spent the rest of the morning double-checking the automatic machines for the augment. It was close to 10 when I got a message from Rogue mentioning that Sasha was with her and they were on their way over.

While they were heading over I was washing myself and doing the final prep that had to be set up right before the procedure. They got to my mega building close to 11 and I had an eina doll escort them into the ripperdoc shop then past the rest area and into a lab.

When they entered I said"Sasha, rogue hey! Come on in I'm just finishing up the prep for the surgery. Thank you eina that is all."

As the doll walks away the girls look around my lab and back at Eina when she leaves the room. As they turn back to me I have everything set and ready when I turn towards them and raise an eyebrow. Kinda motioned them to ask their questions. Sasha was first.

"Who was that? and why did you have us come over here?" Straight and to the point, she is either worried or just tired. Or not, I don't know her well enough to tell her emotions just from some questions.

"Well, that was Eina, a doll operated by the VI assistant that I made to help keep track of stuff. Secondly, I had you come over here to show that I can take care of myself and you both don't have to worry." I pause a bit to think and explain." It seemed like you 2 were at least a bit worried about me. This is to show that you shouldn't be, and to show off a bit to a couple of pretty girls is just a bonus."

 Sasha rolled her eyes and then thought about what I said widening them before yelling at me."VI? how the hell did you make a VI? No why did you make one? The last idiot that did that had it turn in an AI that tried to end humanity."

" It won't turn into one, I made sure to put in some restrictions. They won't let Eina gain any true intelligence. And honestly so what if she does, it's not like it would make the world worse to have another AI running around." I said.

While Sasha was trying to wrap her head around me making a Vi and what it meant if it gained sentience, rogue had a thoughtful look on her face before asking" I didn't think you meant what you said about you being a genius when you met me. But I see now you were understating your mind if you can do all that and more if you can do your bio mods. When did you get this smart, I dug a little bit into your history and you never showed this off at all?"

"I was always this smart, it was just that I was focused on surviving night city. Being a technology-inclined street kid only gets the undesirables after you." I pause to sift through some of my memories of Jake's life before he ended it." Playing dumb to keep the assholes off the backs of me and my friends was an easy choice. But.... they died, so I guess I just didn't care anymore. After all, if they want to mess with me now they have to go through all my security and then an enhanced me."

She nodded her head at that while Sasha started to pay attention halfway through and was looking a bit sad. Having enough of all the sad stuff I move on to telling them what I will be going through. I dragged them in front of a computer screen that showed my medical scans and what they would be after the augmentations.

The screens showed my skeletal structure with lines pointing to and from body parts. Each line has a procedure like Carbide Ceramic Ossification, basically just turning my bones into better ones with advanced metals by grafting them with my bones. There were some of the OG stuff I couldn't do like the hormones for better growth. Mainly cause doing that would mean I would have to track it thoroughly and constantly alter my armor.

Not that it would be difficult to do just annoying and would only really add height and maybe some bulk. In the end, taking all that time just for stuff I could do with science from another universe was not worth it. 

With my presentation done and the ladies told me again I was safe I jumped onto the table. The sides of the table came up and enclosed me except for the top. A plethora of tools came down from the ceiling and sealed the top of the capsule. The capsule then filled with a sedative made with my healing in mind and I was out in a few seconds.

**********

Rogue POV

Listening to the kid explain all the stuff he was going to do to himself was freaky. He did not act like it would change him in any way. When in truth it was almost as bad as going full Borg. With all the changes his body will be going through he won't be up at least a few weeks after. From the nerve alteration alone he should be out for a week and then spending a whole bunch of time in therapy trying to get himself under control. 

Of course, I brought most of this up to him and the Sasha girl did too. But he ultimately said that he had thought of that and was ready to go into sims for the therapy and was adding a better healing factor to his body. However, that worked.

When Jake laid down on the table it folded into a chamber the doll being controlled by a VI came in. She asked us to follow her, it? For a tour of the megabuilding. She takes us to the first floor. 

Where we see mostly just store signs. One for a food court, a gun store, and even one for a grocery store. A grocery store that sells fresh food for a very cheap price according to the window billboards.

Something that caught Sasha's eyes as she walked the doll about. 

The doll answered" Mr. Campbell dislikes large corporations taking advantage of the populus. So he decided to act. He decided to make a product that was as cheap but much better tasting than what the corporations are selling."

Which made sense, his dislike of corpos. Not the cheap food thing. If he did sell to the ultra-rich he would billions. Because he could charge whatever he wanted. A few grand for a steak, they'll eat that up without saying a word of complaint. 

Especially since it doesn't take much to make the food.

After that, the tour went on. With the doll explaining along the way. From how cheap the apartments are to how the building was built to withstand a nuclear bomb blast at point blank. That was weird cause who would build a place to tank a nuke? Seriously even Johnny only used a smaller one on Arasaka.

With the first level done, we moved on to a higher one where she showed us a few security stations. A section of the wall was dug out to put some human-like robots in it. 

The station holding a freaking giant Arasaka bot. With 2 legs and arms with an armored frame, the thing was decked out. Just from a glance, I could see the weapons on it were meant for heavier firefights.

The bot was painted a dark blue with black highlights. The only other color was the red eyes that glowed. Smack dab in the middle of the chassis.  

The guns it carried looked like something straight from a sci-fi movie. They were sleek and had cables stuck in and out of them. 

All in all a menacing weapon for sure. And I could see why Jake was confident he could the Tyger claws. With his bots alone they would incur massive casualties. And that is just right now, I doubt he will slow down anytime soon.

The only threat to him seems to be corpos and the voodoo boys. But if he managed to shift through a corpos server without detection. He should be fine. 

With the tour over after the minotaur bot surprise, we headed down to the food court to enjoy some real food.

23