Chapter 11:Crazy i was crazy once
1.6k 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cyberpunk 5/5

Software 4/5

Startrek replicator 5/5 

Halo 5/5

Borderlands1/5

Adamantium 1/5

Vibranium 1/5

Marvel Wolverine genes 1/5

********

After spending two days in the sim while saving my points for software. I was close to done with years of training in a few days. All thanks to my own enhanced mind allowing me to get through it.

With my software maxed out, I was going through all of my systems to upgrade them. Mostly just upping the ice and adding a more efficient code. That along with points spent on different worlds I had even more robust systems. 

During the last couple of days, my drones and bots were done with setting up in the trash piles. Where they began recycling as efficiently as possible through the replicators. Turning all of the useless shit into useful stuff. 

Where I had all that packed into trucks and sent to the city. Most of this was medical supplies sent to the hospital that does free work. The rest are ration packs from Halo that tasted pretty good. Those went to various places that gave out food.

The water and air purifiers were doing a great job cleaning. In many of the places where I had put the purifiers, you could see a difference. From water looking clear and the air being breathable. They were putting in work, so much so I was debating putting out some more.

Something that did come up in the last couple of days was the Maelstrom gang with the help of the Voodoo Boys was sneaking around. Mostly my bases are out in the trash piles, just watching my drones pick up trash and carry it into a warehouse I had fixed up nearby. 

Which I let them do while I was ghosting into their systems. Looking for the reason they were snooping around my stuff. However, hadn't put much thought into stopping whatever they were doing or digging into what their systems said. Just left my programs ran into them and waited in secret.

After all, I had my ice scanning for intrusive code whenever they showed up. So other than being kind of annoying,  they weren't worth thinking about. 

Sure you could say that disregarding them is dumb. That the Voodoo Boys broke through the black wall to get an AI. But honestly, my systems were even better than the black wall. And Maelstrom was just a bunch of chrome junkies, not a threat to my armies of bots. Each is comparable to a veteran mercenary with a few decades under their belts.

So other than giving me more scrap to recycle,  they aren't that big of a threat. Especially compared to the corpos that carry nukes around. So unless they strike first I am leaving them alone to keep attention off me. 

But with the sims done for the most part, I had taken some time to advertise my building. Hoping to boost the amount of people living and shopping here. But also I had finally got my first return buyer, well bulk buyer.

Mitch and Cassidy called in to buy something. That something is a large number of car parts. Though still under a hundred, so no problem about that. Besides, instead of having them pay with eddies, I can just get them to hand over Dakota Smith's number. With a few words in my favor go with it.

Cause getting the number is easy, getting it with a good word towards me is better.

The order was easy enough to fill out. Leaving me telling them they will get them in a few days. 

After the order was done I had it sitting in a warehouse waiting to be loaded in a pelican for delivery. That's right, I deliver my stuff using an advanced jet. 

Now to finally put on that armor. Because if I had to go through all those sims. I should at least wear it, even if I am not going to a fight.

**********

Mitch's view

Sitting around the table the whole family was having lunch. Even Saul was having a good time, and he just had a spat with Panam.

So it was kind of surprising that I got a call from that kid Jake. Stepping away from the table I answer it.

"Hey kid, how's it going?"

"Well, I just found out we don't have the doom games. So honestly, like I just got kicked in the balls."

"Oh, okay. Sorry to hear that I guess. Why'd you call me though? Can't just be to bitch about some game."

"Course not, I called to let you know your goods are almost there."

"Well, that's good news. Just tell me when they're done and I'll come pick 'em up." And it was good news. Between all the wear and tear on our vehicles and then the raffia attacking us. Our babies were all beat up and needed those parts.

"Pick them up when they're done? They're almost delivered to you."

When he says that I also hear an AV in the sky. Looking up and taking a moment to see it I spot a black and blue AV closing in. Reaching the edge of the camp at record speed.

Before I could tell or scream for the others to take cover the damn thing pulled a 180 and landed on the ground with its tail to us. A moment later the back dropped a ramp and powered down.

Still a bit stunned at the maneuver the AV just pulled off I miss hearing Jake say something. 

"Mith, Mitch you there?"

Blinking away my shock I focus on the 4 bots coming out of the AV. Each one was painted in a black and blue scheme with an icon of a mega building on their chest. They were also decked out with heavy gear.

Each held one of those assault rifles that we sold before. As well as a few grenades and other equipment I didn't recognize. They marched down the ramp in unison while scanning the surroundings before splinting up 2 in the front and 2 near the back of the AV. 

Giving a sigh seeing they didn't start shooting I let my heartbeat slow down enough to answer the kid.

"What the hell kid?! You can't just show up with an AV out of nowhere. Why didn't you give me some warning?!"

"I was going to, and besides it's not like they landed right smack dap in the middle of your camp. Besides I doubt whatever you throw at them can do more than dink their armor."

Which was unfortunately true. I only had my pistol on me, and other than guys on guard duty, so did everyone else. The bots looked to be fitted with heavy metal plates, and that's just what I could see. 

"Sigh, what are they doing here anyway, and how'd you get an AV like that?"

"Uh, I made it. I sell guns and stuff, and AVs are stuff. And they're here to deliver your purchases."

Why the hell is he saying that like it explains everything when it doesn't? 

"Stuff isn't... Sigh whatever, what do you mean by my delivery? I only asked you for those parts a few days ago."

"What can I say, I'm amazing. Anyways my assistant will speak with further while the foods are unloading. See ya later."

And he hung up, of course. I'm starting to think that kid has ADHD or something. 

Walking up to the AV with Cassidy and Saul I take another look at the bots. This time with my cyberware.

Which was met with an ice system that had to be the biggest I've seen. As well as the most complicated. 

Though it was what the scanning wasn't saying that was noteworthy. The material of the bots was completely unknown. Just a blank where it would have been put.

Which meant that the bots weren't made of any known material on the net. Or at least he had a new ice system to protect from scanning, cutting-edge scanning at that.

Both were kind of terrifying to think about along with the meaning of it. This 15 year old kid is starting to reach this level of tech all by himself. And that it seemed like he was expanding his own business. 

Halfway through my scans and thoughts, a doll came out of the AV. Wearing a pencil business skirt and a clean red and white shirt she was pretty cute. Especially with the classes and sharp ears, though too corpo looking for me.

She was talking with Saul while I was scanning the bots. Both were keeping their faces stern and as blank as they could. It seemed they were discussing the situation of landing the bird near camp with zero warning.

Not wanting to get into that conversation I started helping the others with getting the car parts unloaded.

10 minutes later with all of the boxes out Saul gathers the others to say something. 

"Alright, good job everyone. It also seems like we got another job to deliver some more guns. So I want everything sorted and packed for another run by tomorrow."

With his words said Saul gives a nod to everyone and another to the doll he walks away to get the route ready.

While helping get the parts sorted the doll loads up into the AV with the bots and it takes off. Kicking up dust and sand before disappearing into the distance at an alarming rate.

"Kids getting more and more dangerous it seems."

Glancing at Cassidy I huffed and nodded in agreement. 

"Heard he is making a name for himself as a fixer. Sent a gig to wipe out some scav nests around his building. Supposedly anytime someone asks the mercs about they say he just wanted people to be safe around his building to make sales. Hey, you believe that, keeping people safe so they buy from him?"

"Yeah, if only the corpos thought like that the world would be filled with sunshine and rainbows. Sigh, if only right?"

Yeah, then the world wouldn't be a sack of shit that it is. We wouldn't have gotten caught up in that stupid war and lost so much. Sigh, fucking corps.

**********

Bridgette view

I had seen many netrunners in my day and even more dangerous creatures of the net. 

But the systems in those bots out in the wasteland were frightening. To the degree that I had put a stop to many of the VDB operations in the area near them and their delivery routes.

They were like nothing I had seen before, an amalgamation of advanced coding and something else. Something that I couldn't even decode to start hacking through the ice. It was like looking at an entirely new form of software that's run on bleeding-edge hardware. 

I had Placide use the Maelstrom to keep a physical watch on the bots. Tracking their movements and locations they went. All done through less tech-based ways. Meeting in dark alleys and underground garages with no cameras. 

But even then we couldn't do anything more than their wasteland bases and some stops along their routes. Which was confusing as all hell, free hospitals and clinics. Homeless shelters and other such places. It was all so weird for something so complicated.  

Though with the strange news, and threats I was able to convince some of the more influential in VDB to start my blackwall plan. By the end of this year, I might even have the AI under my control. Maybe even more than one.

For now, I might need to sick netwatch on those, abominable machines. Have them keep each other busy while I gain more power in the shadows. 

Next up was the new fixer in town, heh, a kid who thinks he is the new hotshot in the city. Even knocked out some scavs that were useful to me. Though getting more haunts set up takes very little effort, it was still an inconvenience for my operations. 

Hmm, maybe hands can get me more info on this new fixer. He owes me for helping him out after all. Then I can see if he can be of use to me, or if he should be taken out.

**********

Jake's view

Waking up with a headache was not something I thought possible now. Between all my enhancing and healing factors I thought and have solid evidence that I was rather immune to hangovers.

I can barely remember what happened last night. Just that I was going out to celebrate my suit being put on. Though I didn't go out in the Mjolnir armor.

But going to the hottest club nearby I ended up at Lizzie's. The hangout of the Moxs, and where the mains crew just happened to be as well. Something I wasn't aware though but was a pleasant surprise. 

Of course, I started drinking and even smoking some less concentrated drugs. Just having fun, is something I don't usually do.

After a point I just kind of blank on what happened. So here I was under some blankets in my room, trying to go back to sleep to ride it out.

But when a grunt went off next to me my body froze. Turning slowly while gazing left I saw a body under the blankets. Blankets that weren't mine. Nothing here was mine, so the question became who's place was I in.

Sneakily reaching over I slowly pull the blankets down, crossing my fingers hoping that the person next to me was a chick.

As I was the she moved, thank God, and what I saw took my breath away.

20