Chapter 12:Apple Bottom Jeans
996 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cyberpunk 5/5

Software 5/5

Startrek replicator 5/5 

Halo 5/5

Borderlands 2/5

Adamantium 1/5

Vibranium 1/5

Marvels wolverine genes 1/5

Going to stop planning out the spending of points from here on out. With only occasional mentions of what's been purchased or what he is saving up for.

**********

Rebecca's veiw

God, last night was so preem, I can still feel the music pulsing through my brain. Or that's just the hangover nagging my life choices. 

Even now I couldn't believe how much we all drank, especially that fixer. He was guzzling down bottle after bottle and still looked fine halfway through the night. Though I do prefer him being drunk, he gets really sappy and touchy.

And damn can he touch, all night long. Who knew that being black out drunk could actually make someone better at sex than if they were just buzzed.

Not that I'm complaining,most people don't even come near me due to my stature and personality. Not my fault people can't understand what makes me,me.

While having that thought I feel Mr'muscles start to move. God he was jacked, built like a Greek god really. Turning to him I see he has a bewildered look on his face. I also take a peek south see junior ready for round 4?5? One of those two.

"Ready for another go huh little fixer?"

**********

Jake's veiw 

Standing on the curb waiting for my ride to auto drive to me, I can't help be stunned. Rebecca was, very forceful in the bedroom. Who knew that her smaller size plus her cyberware arms would make her such a good grappler? Well, I do now.

But yeah waking up next to her and going another round before being thrown out incase her brother got back was embarrassing. Especially when she hid most of my clothes, so I was by the curb in nothing but my shirt and a pair of her pants that,really, stretch. 

She was, damn near perfect, honestly. Very out going and dominating in a relationship, something that feels nice. By myself I rarely bother going out or even trying to start a mainline or whatever. Was pretty hard to do for me, with the only way to do so being shitfaced.

But with her it was just, bam! She turned a one night stand into a friend's with benefits and if I'm reading right, something much more.

Wait a second, am I sub? 

Oh shit, I am! Fuck!

Sagging my shoulders I give sigh and continue to debate my sexual desires. At least until a couple of honks takes my attention. 

Squealing to a stop on front of me was a quadra-type 66, the standard muscle car of this world. It was painted with my black and blue scheme and had an simple decal.

Like this

But that was were the normality ended. Because inside was a souped up engine and a beast of a car. Everything was bulletproof up to some of the largest calibers and could even shrug off explosions.

It was to say the least, one of my favorite upgrades I did. Not my first or second but at least top 20. 

Getting into the drivers seat I let the auto drive get me going and start looking through my reports. Because unfortunately I still had a lot to work on. Especially when it seems like a few corps are having a pissing contest in my yard.

It seems like Militech and Arasaka were making plays in the dark. Trying to weaken the grip each had on the city. Getting people killed in the process. How?

Well those cunts decided to get an early start on the mayor elections by sending their gangs to cause trouble. So the Tyger Claws and Sixth Street were starting to gear up. Something I even had a hand in, with my guns being something new in the city.

Which meant a lot of money for me but also a moral problem. Do I keep selling guns in my shop or do I focus on selling them to other sites. I mean sure, the other city's probably misuse the guns too. But at least I can't see it.

Shaking my head I leave that for later and focus on the gangs prepping. Deciding to stay in the loop and act like a fixer I set out to find info. This was mostly done by my VI, Eina, going through every source of interest. 

Something to note was the actions of the other gangs in NC. They seemed to also be feeling the tensions in the city and have started stockpiling supplies. Everything from bullets to food were being put into hideouts they owned. 

Though this wasn't all bad news, this meant that more and more people were coming to the Hub for purchases. With an increase in sales I could use that money to make more legitimate money. Which can then be used to help people.

Unfortunately this meant that I had to be something I hate, a businessman. 

In a world where companies are the main powerhouses, being one gives you a better presentation. Almost like an aura that people will take note of. 

Luckily I had Eina to do all the extra paperwork, meaning all I had to do was sign off on some stuff. But by the end of the day i was the owner of inspired  inventor International,or III.

A lot of the work with gettin the company setup was back dating all the sells to the Hub. Giving me a reason to have the cheap food that was actually good. I did this with a lot of other stuff aswell. From the ammo to guns and even the biofoam and meds I gave to the free clinics. 

This would hopefully give me an edge over the other corpos that only really cared about profits. After all if you continue to squeeze all the money and hope out of your consumer, all you have left is a husk of a person.

Which led to my company's policy when it came to selling stuff. Instead of selling at high prices but less quantity, I would instead sell at lower prices but higher quantity.  Though mine and other corpos would have the same qualities, or mine would be better in some cases.

But with the foundation for my company setup and hoping it keeps helping the people I put that to the side. Moving on to what I could sell, or at least patent. Like the halo biofoam and guns, borderlands tech like the loader bots and new-u stations. But the one that is going to make me the most money is the teleport system. 

With enough points in borderlands I was able to build a fast travel network. Which I can then get monthly payments for using. Easy money from rich people, and a convenient transport for everyone else. Honestly I think it would sell more than the new-u stations simply on the fact of how convenient it is.

It's not like you die everyday right? But you do travel, and when I put some in other major cities. Well I imagine when I get digitization I can charge an arm an leg for mass deliveries. 

All of this then connected to damn near endless fusion reactors that produce clean and endless power. It's basically like printing money, though money doesn't matter when you have a replicator. So I can charge dirt cheap prices to people that need a break.

Next was to start a few projects or recreations of useful stuff. Like sonic showers for saving on water or addictol to get rid of addiction, from the fallout franchise. Which was much simpler than I thought it would be to make. 

These and other things to make life better was what i would sell to people. 

But that also brought my attention to the trash piles that I had being cleaned up. After reaching the Hub and heading to the top where i had the penthouse I checked in on their progress. 

The bots and drones were clearing away the trash at an amazing rate. Where before I couldn't see most of the ground, now I could. Though it was a disgusting slush of garbage and radioactive mud.

In a football sized area that the drones cleared out they had set up even more infrastructure. Mostly just charging stations and a more solid ground made of concrete. Aswell as cleaning stations using chemicals that would melt through flesh and bones.

It was honestly a great reminder that my work force were robots that could work very fast. With being able to work 22 hours everyday with only the last 2 for recharging. Along with expanding the numbers of bots constantly. 

It was why I wasn't particularly worried about any of the possible enemies I could make. Corpos? Just kill them with hyper advanced assassin bots like Zer0 from borderlands. Governments? Same thing.

The only real threat they had were the nukes or missile strikes. Something I could take care of in the next 3 or 4 hours if I needed to. So they weren't really a threat to me personally. 

With unlimited resources and a fast growing forces I could handle most things. Hell I could take over the world if I really wanted to. Though I don't, simply because of the fact I would have be bothered constantly with stupid political stuff.

Which I would take care of by killing the problem or throwing tech at it. It was honestly the easiest answer to most things. 

Anyway taking care of the bots personally helped speed them up in cleaning the trash piles. With the future plans added to their systems to build my new facility. A massive underground complex that would hold a massive amount of replicators and fusion reactors. Which will be pumping out all my products and bots aswell as act as a warehouse on top of it.

That wasn't the only plan I had for the lands outside of the city. Everything from farms and forest to ponds and small lakes will pepper the desert. Turning it into a paradise of greenery and animals. 

It was honestly going to be a lot of work and even more time. I could do it though, with all the tech I had even if i didn't have dedicated machines to terraform. I could start developing them on my own with the help of Eina and my time dilation sims.

Meaning I could spend an hour in them and get a few days of testing on. That's also not to mention that I would be able to buy info from other universes. One that had terraforming tech already made for me to copy.

*****

Some time later

Different POV 

As a car was driving down the road it was suddenly being tore into with bullets. The driver swerved left and right trying to get the car straight after a tire was popped. Unfortunately this caused the car to flip on its side and over on to its roof,sliding a little bit away before halting.

The driver was thrown from the vehicle into the middle of the road on their sides. While the passenger was left hanging upside down from his seatbelts. 

As the streets were still filled with gunfire when suddenly an AV with blaring lights arrived. As the goons firing the weapons started to scatter police officers in heavy gear with advanced weaponry. 

They were clearing the block of goons and setting up a landing pad for the second AV,this one with a white plus on the side. 

As it landed and out came people in armored scrubs carrying bags of medicine. They ran right over to the driver of the over turned car and began to check on them. After a few seconds they were shaking their heads and packing up their stuff. 

As they were leaving everyone failed to notice a shimmering light hidden in the shadow of a building. Which moved in almost immediately after they away from the driver. It popped out a gurnee like structure and took off into the night with the body. Though if one looked closer at its retreating shimmer, they would see a second one carrying another body.

***** side story

Rebecca wasnt one for getting real emotional unless it was her getting pissed. Which usually ended up with a few people dead and or crippled. But Jake just brought out that stupid girly part of her that she wanted to kill. She had no idea how he did it but as he was making breakfast while talking techno babble she was on to something. 

The adorable nerd that was built like a Greek God stripped down to his underwear and cooking real eggs was doing something to her nether regions. Him talking about getting her fitted for some kind of mjolnir armour and some biological upgrades even more so. 

Of course she didnt really understand much of what he was talking about. Mostly just humming along with him when it seemed appropriate. But moments like this was what got her through the day now, what made taking gigs in night city worth, well living. Like she thought before she wasnt one to get all sappy but here she was, getting sappy.

Of course she didnt actually need to go do gigs as an edgerunner anymore, what with Jake having an entire business running through out the city. With THE HUB acting a source for almost all edgerunners and him selling stuff around most of the states, apparently. She didnt actually need the eddies that came with the gigs.

And besides if she wants a piece of cyberware or new gun all she needed to do ask Jake for it. Hell half the time he was the one taking care of her upgrades. He even had her go through some simulations and test that were meant to teach her military grade tactics.

Anyway after breakfast she went for a gig with the others, even if that meant dealing with Pillar the idiotic asshole. Plus that new gig they were doing wasnt really worth the effort in her opinion. Between that corpo guy blatantly showing the fact he was going to try and gank them once they've run their usefulness and Jake saying stuff about plots with the election. She wasnt to happy to be doing these gigs.

Funnily enough once she reached the regular hang out the others were already arguing. After gettin the gist of it she couldn't help but agree with pillar, unfortunately.

"Dont even say that shit again Maine! Hes obviously going to flatline us like a couple of gonks after we do his jobs. Let's just tell him to fuck off and go work for Rebecca's new boy toy, at least we know he wont try and fuck us over." Pillar raged at Maine while throwing his hands around.

Maine held his head like he was getting a headache from hearing him. Though he probably did considering pillar was screaming for the last few minutes. Sighing him.

"And what about our cred huh? We just quit working gigs for him and the bastard probably drags us through the mud. And then the only fixer willing to hire us is Beccas input."

"Oh yeah the next up and coming king of fixers in Night City! Whatever will we do?!" Pillar said sarcastically."Plus he pays out of the fucking wazoo for completing his gigs. Besides the cred we built wont just go away, in fact we'll probably get more by bailing on that corpo fucker before he flatlines us."

Before the argument could go any further Dorio got between them and pushed Maine in front of her while walking away. Rebecca on the other hand was sitting with Kiwi,Lucy and Sasha by the bar and drinking some kind of whiskey that Jake got her. Which she found surprisingly good with some of the other stuff he packed her. 

"So you got any take on this Becca?"Kiwi asked the short but stacked woman. Who shrugged in return."Honestly Jake probably wouldn't care if we did ask him for more gigs. He might actually start sending preem gigs are way if we started using him as our ripperdoc."

"Why would him being are doc have anything to do with gigs?" Lucy, the newest member asked.

"Well most of it has to do with keeping us alive, something about making sure his investments were taken care of. I kind of get it, dont want to pay a bunch of random people a whole lot of scratch just for them to go and die for another fixer you know?" She answered with another shrug and a small sip of the class she had. 

The group went silent as they each thought it over. Most just seemed to want to drop faraday as a fixer and just go with Rebecca's input. A few of them wanted to keep true with faraday because they've seen what happened to people who went back on their words in night city. That and for their own reasons like kiwi for example.

"Look we could sit here and argue all day but for now we need to sleep on it. Tomorrow we can all start snapping at each others throat but let's just be happy with what we got." Dorio spoke up as everyone was quiet, getting hums of agreement the group split off to their own little clicks.

****************

(AN: sorry it's been so long but honestly between IRL and my own writing interest was bouncing around from genre to genre so bad I was pretty sure i had ADHD or something that I couldn't really write. Anyway I will keep writing this but dont expect fast releases or anything. Thanks for reading.)

14