Chapter 2: The Ai, Human and the Humanoid part 1
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: The photos showed in this novel are not mine. Copyrights belong to the rightful owner.

<March 16, 2020>

One afternoon at a familiar café.

"Where am I? Jacob? Is that you?"

A vague appearance of a man approaches Meihui.

It was Jacob. He approaches Meihui. "I would like to have iced coffee and..."

"Jacob? It's me Meihui, why are you here? Is it time to leave? Meihui was happy to see Jacob and tried to talk to him but...

***The scene changes***

Inside the plane before it reaches the mission area.

"Jacob? Where are you? Sunday? (What is happening? Plane crash... Everyone was dead.. Stop the mission! Sunday!-"

***The scene changes again***

Meihui was again transferred to the exact moment the plane was crashing.

***whoop whoop pull up***

(SFX for Aircraft warning system)

***whoop whoop pull up***

Meihui started suffocating.

"Subject 3's---- ><<><><><><>< starting to <><><<> heat sir. 

"Wake her up."

***Meihui/Ethyl/Subject 3 wakes up***

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f35387670794f496971326d3841413d3d2d313332343134323531332e313734656639366238616635306434643636363739343335383831312e6a7067

As she opened her eyes, she found herself in an unfamiliar laboratory. The room was filled with various machines, materials and tools used for crafting robots. There were futuristic looking robotic machines scattered around the room - some still in progress, and some finished.

Her eyes then fell upon a man who seemed to be tinkering with one of the machines and talking to someone. In a moment of confusion and panic, her PTSD kicks in. Meihui attacks the man, unsure of where she was or how she had gotten there.

The mysterious man stumbled backward and falls, surprised by her sudden attack. 

As Meihui's vision becomes clearer and her confusion calms a tiny bit.  

But still didn't stop her aggressive behavior, she realized that she was in a laboratory for building robots, and the man was likely the scientist or engineer in charge of the operation.

"Please calm down." Said the mysterious man.

"Who are you?! Why did you killed us?! It doesn't matter I'm gonna kill all of you!"

"Danger detected. Shutting down subject 3." A robotic arm announced as it shutdowns Ethyl/Meihui's sytem.

***Ethyl collapsed***

"Thanks Sparkles." said the unknown man as he stands up ailing.

(Representation of Sparkles' one of her robotic arms in the laboratory

(Representation of Sparkles' one of her robotic arms in the laboratory. Photo by Huenit AI)

"You're welcome sir. Initiating full body assessment." Sparkles started examining the man's body.

***A scanner beam scans the mysterious man***

"I've found two broken bone rib cage, hairline crack on your head and internal bleeding with another 12 complications. Commencing body repair."

***Sparkle's robotic arm picks him up and lay him gently on a bed.***

"Body restoration initiating... Body restoration complete. Checking for errors... No errors found. You're now cured sir." Sparkle's robotic arm helps him get up.

"Thanks Sparkles. She was too violent and aggressive. How are we going to  wake her up?" The unknown man gets out from the bed while Sparkles is trying to assist him.

"I suggest we only wake up her head and restrict everything else. Strap her body just in case."

"Accepted. Check for errors and run simulation Sparkles."

"Understood sir. Initiating." 

 

<The next day>

"Okay Sparkles, wake her up."

"I'll kill you!" Meihui went rage again even though she can only use her head.

"I'm here to help. Let me see your eye- ow!"

Meihui used her head to hit him.

***Meihui headbutted him***

"Internal hemorrhage detected. Immediate healing is needed." Sparkles irritably announced as she shuts down Meihui.

"Okay shut her down Sparkles."

 

<The next next day>

"Wake her up."

"I'll kill you!" And Meihui rages... again.

"Okay shut her down. There's no need for close up checks. She's still aggressive."

 

<The next next next day>

"Wake... her up..."

"I'll will chop you into pieces!"

"Okay shut her down..." 

*sigh*

"We're not progressing. She's always raged. There's no problem in the wirings or the circuit boards. What the heck is wrong with her?" The mysterious man was blankly staring at Meihui's status at the monitor.

"Based on my findings, subject have something called post traumatic stress disorder. Should we wipe out her memories sir?"

"I would prefer not to. It's her memories. I don't have right to delete it."

"Okay sir, reevaluating options..."

"Let's disassemble her and sell her parts and create a company. We're just wasting our funds on her." Sparkles happily suggested.

"One more time Sparkles, if she went violent again, let's sell her. Start with her legs."

 

<The next next next next day.....>

***Wakes up Meihui again***

***Went amok***

"Sell it."

 

<Lost track of date>

***Wakes up Meihui again but without legs***

***Calms down a bit but still rude***

"Sell her arms"

<What day is it?>

***Meihui just woke up without arms and legs. She haven't done anything yet but you can sense her hostility***

"Sell her body"

 

<? Day>

"Wake... up this tiger Sparkles."

"Roja! Be ready Sa!"

***Sparkles turns on Meihui***

Before Meihui could speak or do anything, the mysterious man vent out his anger towards her.

"Listen you lady. This is the last time I'm going to wake you up. If you still be violent and run amok, I'll sell your head which is the last piece of you and I'll abandon all of you!" The mysterious man was annoyed.

"I haven't started yet! All of you? What do you mean?" Meihui was only head left and she can see Sparkles was preparing shipment box anticipating Meihui's head to be sold.

 

***Sparkles' robotic arm prepares a shipment box and eagerly waiting***

 

"I'm recreating you and the girls from the crashed plane. But it seems I shouldn't recreate you and the others since you did nothing but damage and hostility towards me. Do you know how many times I repaired my body because of you running amok? It's been 2 years since I first wake you up. And I'm starting to think that I should just throw you away."

 

"What are you talking about? Which girls? (My team?) Let me see them." A puzzled look was seen on her face.

"Sparkles, show her the footage we recovered during the plane crash."

 

***Sparkles showing censored footage***

 

"Girls? What happened? Everyone died? (Why is Lily out of the plane? And who's that girl with her?) I.. I'm sorry. I didn't know. Everyone betrayed us... so I didn't trusted you. So you're not with them?"

"Can I see the other girls' right now? In person. Please. Are they reborn or reincarnated or how do you call it.. I just wanna see them. Please."

"I don't think you can... Their bodies are in pieces."

 

"But you can still bring them alive right?" You can hear desperation from her voice even though she's now a humanoid.

"YOU CAN DO IT RIGHT?!" Meihui Added.

 

"It depends on how you mean alive... You're a cyborg now not a human."

"I know but it doesn't matter, as long as they're alive.  I want to see them. Please let me see them."

 

"Hmmm... Nope. I won't let you see them in person. I don't trust you yet. For now, you'll be able to see them through a screen." He denied Meihui's request without even looking at her.

 

"You don't trust me with my teammates? That's selfishness and insanity."

 

"Really? How many years did you think you went amok? I begged you to behave but you didn't." He said while staring at her seriously.

 

Meihui couldn't refute what he said. She have mixed feelings at that moment.

 

"Sparkles, let her see her teammates through the screen monitor."

 

"Roja!" (A/N read as Ro-Ja. Slang for Roger)

 

Sparkles shows her a screen with her teammates lying in a freezing box. Even though the footage was censored, she was able to determine that the bodies of her teammates were severed. 

 

"(That's Cas' arm... Sunday... Doc...)I wanna cry but there's no tears coming out from my eyes. I guess I'm really not a human anymore."

"Oh you wanna cry? Sparkles, activate her tears setting."

(This b*tch... Is he even human? He doesn't have sympathy!) That's what is on Ethyl's mind right now.

"Activated Sir. Aggressive Subject 3, You can now cry." Sparkles said with enthusiasm.

 

"Aggressive? And by the way, stop calling me subject blah blah blah. I'm... (what name should I give them?)"

"Okay, should I call you Meihui, Meimei, Ethyl or something else? You have 125 alias names." Sparkles said as she displays 125 alias names of Meihui through a screen.

 

"How did you know my real name?(Who are these guys?)"

 

"Of course I know. I'm a higher being than humans ha ha ha" Sparkles proudly said.

"You're not a higher being, you're an AI." The mysterious man contradicts Sparkles as he carries a box of tools.

"Eeeeee Sir, why did you burst my bubble. And btw violent aggressive subject 3, I'm not just an AI, I'm an AI that humans can't reach even 10 million years."

"So you're super advanced Ai right?" Meihui disregarded the "violent aggressive" remarks.

"Yep. I'm Sparkles the Most advanced AI in the world! Super AI!"

"So tell me who killed us? Why did this happened?"

"Nah, you're not authorized to access that information. Sorry violent aggressive monkey subject 3."

 

"It's Meihui you stupid computer!!!"

 

"First of all, I'm not stupid since I'm the smartest AI in the Earth. I'm much more advanced vs J*rvis the ai. Your name means beautiful and wise but apparently you're not hahaha."

 

"Both of you please stop arguing. You're not a kid." He intervened between the two.

"Yes sir. I apologize for my rudeness."

"I'm not--"

 

***Sparkles silently mutes Meihui's speech device***

 

<The next day>

"So Mr., when will you return my body parts? It's really frustrating being just a head. I could use a hand. A legs and a body." Meihui trying to be polite to him.

"We sold it." That's what the mysterious man said.

"You're kidding right? Am I supposed to live my whole life just this? A head? Am I just for display?!" Meihui couldn't believe him. 

"Nope. We really sold it. I warned you before right?"

"Why...(calm down Meihui. You must control yourself) But you can fix or replace my bodyparts right?" Meihui smiled fakely.

"Yeah we can replace it. But I don't want to. You've always hurt me so I won't give you back your parts. You'll probably kill me and I don't want it to happen."

"I promise I won't. Come on handsome. I know you're not a bad person."

***Mysterious guy's face moving closer to Meihui's face***

"NO. N-O. NO." He rejected it wholeheartedly.

"Sparkles let's go. We still have work to do."

"Roja!" Sparkles  jumps from computer to computer since she's a software as she accompany the mysterious man."

***Exits Meihui's location room***

While walking the down the hallway...

"What happened to the removed parts Sparkles?"

"We sold it sir." She was so proud of it.

"Oh........we did... (I was just being sarcastic. I thought Sparkles just removed it.) So how much is our money right now?"

"You're the richest person on Earth sir."

"Ha-ha funny Sparkles. Now tell me how much is it?" 

"I'm not kidding or lying."

***Sparkles shows a spreadsheet of multiple bank statements***

"Is this real? We're the richest household in the Earth? But the parts only sold for $120 million."

"I bought stocks, cryptocurrency and invested in some projects. All of my actions made profit since I'm a super AI, I was able to predict the profit with 0.0000000000000000001% of error margin."

"So how much is our money right now?"

"Calculating... $200 Trillion Dollars and increasing. The money is divided into 100,000 borrowed names which I made and it's untraceable. I divided the funds to avoid suspicion sir. And multiple gold, silver, diamond mines are in my database which are not yet discovered by humans. Should I include the raw elements' mine sites as well?" Sparkles was proud of it.

"You're the best Sparkles! For that you can buy yourself parts for your body!"

"Thank you sir. But we don't need to spend money since we own some companies around the world."

 

"How? I didn't remember starting one."

 

"18 years ago, we had a small amount of funds from Vanessa and from her personal money and gold from storage. I bought bitcoins and sold some of it to start manufacturing companies and more."

"You're genius Sparkles. Why you didn't make your own body by yourself? We've got funds now. You can upgrade your parts, system and yourself Sparkles!"

"No sir, You're the most genius since you're the one made me. I love how you created me and that's the reason why I stayed in this form. But if you have time... maybe you could upgrade my sytems too so I'll be more human-like." Sparkles tried to be cute in front of him.

 

"Thanks Sparkles. I won't be able to live without you. I love you Sparkles! Let's upgrade your systems right away. What was this room again? I haven't opened this room for a long time. There are a lot of rooms in our house. If I remember it correctly, this is your room........"

 

***The mysterious man opened a room and saw something inside.***

 

"There's a lot of humanoid parts in here Sparkles...I saw a almost finished humanoid in here with "Sparkles name tag.... and why is the humanoid wearing my brief on her head? "

 

"Hehehe.... You caught me....Sir I love you you're the most handsome and kind person I ever met"

"Sparkles... I'm gonna unplug you!"

"I'm sorry saaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

***Sparkles jumped away through the computers***

--------------------

"Hey I'm bored. Can you please turn on the television."

"You're already a humanoid. You shouldn't be bored. Only humans get bored."

"I'm a half humanoid!" Meihui shouts infuriatedly at Sparkles.

"Based on on your body, you're 1/16th human only."

"Yeah yeah could you just turn it on?" Meihui rolling her eyes.

***Screen monitor shows a news channel program***

TV: "Elton Mist the  richest man on Earth, unveiled last Tuesday March 22, 2022 the first part of Space travel. He made it possible using his newly discovered method which was not made public. The space exploration shall start in..."

"Hey Robot, what year are we right now? 2022? Are you serious?!" Meihui couldn't believe it.

"My name is Sparkles. If you mean calendar year, yes it is 2022."

 

"I've been asleep for 20 years?(It's been that long?)"

 

"Nah, you're dead for 20 years. Not asleep." Sparkles replied uninterested.

"For an AI, you're really dumb. If I had my arms operational, I'll punch you."

"As a reborn creature from death, you're really ungrateful. And besides, it's impossible for you to punch me since I don't possess a physical body right now. I'm AI."

 

"Did that guy saved us from death?"

 

"He didn't. He just brought you back from dead state. You should be grateful but instead you were aggressive."

"Who is he? What's his name? Where are you guys from? What country are you affiliated? "

"You still don't know his name? I suggest that you must ask him by yourself."

 

<Assembly Area>

 

Finally it was time to  assemble Meihui's humanoid body.

"Let's start assembling your body and your artificial skin." Sparkles started the process.

"Projecting body size."

"That's not my body." Meihui disputed the projected body.

"According to your DNA, retrieved data from the crash site and all data found from the database, this is most certainly your body. And by the way, here's your photo when you were alive. Ha, pretty fat." Sparkles spewing the facts.

"No... I'm not that fat... And... my ... boobs...are bigger."

"Incorrect. You're flat chested with barely breast fats."

 

***Sparkles zooming Meihui's boobs from a picture***

 

"It's my body! Can't you just make my boobs bigger! And besides, we can customize my body now."

 

***Mysterious man overheard the conversation and Meihui saw him***

 

"Oh. I guess you can add more "boobs" to her humanoid body Sparkles. She can use it as coolant storage."

"Understood sir. You heard that? "COOLANT STORAGE" Hahaha."

Meihui was somehow embarrassed of what happened.

 

***Starting to make Meihui's humanoid body***

 

<A few days later>

"Hey Sparkles, you already made a humanoid body for you right? Why did you gave it to me? 

"(.......) BECAUSE.I.WANT.SIR.TO.MAKE.MY.HUMANOID.BODY." Sparkles sounded like a text to speech software.

"You're lagging or something?"

"I'm not your ordinary Ai. I don't lag." Sparkles said fluently and confidently.

"Anyway, thanks for giving me your body."

"It's not for free." Sparkles replied.

"And what's the payment?"

"You'll be guarding sir whenever he leaves the base."

"That's it? Deal. Piece of cake." Meihui confidently replied.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

<June 2022>

"Are you kidding me? He doesn't even leave this place. It's been months! I'm boreeeeeeeeed!"

---End of Chapter 2---

End of Chapter quote:

"I wanna cry but there's no tears coming out from my eyes. I guess I'm really not a human anymore." -Meihui

Trivia: Sparkles loves to browse vacation destination through internet.

Next Chapters will be delayed but will posted in bulk.

0