[Optional] Is it the ending, or beginning?
277 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is from the latter half of the previous chapter ― from the start of initiating the recording, through to finishing the tutorial and completing the reboot. The scene at the start here is ... where David is first left alone, post discussion with Dio and Ku. Following this chapter will be a start of "Arc number two".

With merely a parting comment from either of them, both Dio and Ku vanished from the Approach. Ku's look was the most ... concerning. Somehow, now, maybe my success or failure state would define how I could or even would be 'worthy' of her, to her mother's mind? Ku definitely would have love and respect for her parents ― Carine herself had said it, before. Deific families are more or less the same, no matter what form. Dio as her father just now had also said it, to his mind he didn't have any reservations against Ku and I. Which left only her own thoughts. Ku .. even with any mild unsaid threat from her mother ... would not want to bring some dishonor to her family.

And of all the things discussed, before they left ― the nature of "mana" and "DP" and ... "deities' essence". More specific, the nuance between mine and Gabianna's power.

I do truly understand what I had not, before. I see how the energy of the cosmos is a 'force' which flows through all things, is used by all things, and even is produced by living things. It just ... is. But the 'nuance' part comes in when realizing how, in all cases, the Deity Potential factors in.

For a new, first time deity ― god or goddess or even 'other' ― in all practical means, they do not have enough ... anything. Most begin as mortals who ascend or are uplifted to be a deity; the quality of their deity nature will be poor at best. This fact is why, as Dio and Ku said, the initiation process guided too by a partner deity, will flow in this 'force' of the cosmos, filtering it to become substitute DP. And from there ... the first step of creating the deity's own Approach room, the initial flows of cosmos force take on the signature of the deity and is used to build.

It's a suboptimal process; but it's one which the cosmology of deities has followed for ... aeons, untold aeons of time. Deities come into existence, are guided to create their deific realm, and world, and then allowed to develop them in their own way. The DP within a starting deity is so weak, it is drawn in from the cosmos; but the DP 'cost' to maintain the early realm and/or world is so small at first. But later as the deity grows in potential and the 'cost' also grows ... the deity should have grown in his/her/its own DP generation and handling. It's not always a balanced system; but it's just ... it is what it is.

I see too how Gabianna had just ... she said 'screw it' and bypassed the tutorial. And thus in doing so, royally screwed up her own DP ... deity potential ... for all time afterward. True, she slowly figured things out on her own at the beginning; for some of it she'd had to visit the deities' "black market" for obtaining things she should have normally obtained on her own. She'd expanded beyond the initial Approach and Residence blocks, to obtain her Garden, Workshop, Lounge, Shopping space, and even a Library structure.

But. It would always hang over her head, how she could no longer get back to the 'tutorial' and obtain things the right way. True, she'd met and befriended some, even as they befriended her; did she tell them of how she had ended up outside the normal process? Did it even matter? Or ... well let's see hmm ... this Dhareff thug, would he have seen her as easy prey or not? I'm kinda thinking ... yeah maybe. And Prader, and maybe others ... but Gabianna Rainforest ended up spiralling out of control, in the last maybe couple centuries.

I, alone, am about to change this. In all of this world, through all of its problems, I alone in this world am-

-ah, shut up, me. I don't need to be so melodramatic, do I. But even so, the base sentiment did and does feel worthy; only, no I won't be saying what I think of this. Better just get on with the process.

For me ― now the new deity on the block ― I am set to restart things. Honestly what Dio told me, I'm just as without tutorial option as was Gabi. But. As fortune would have it ... the one thing which I should be doing, I have not done yet. And since doing that would finalize any potential for a tutorial, I have the slimmest opportunity to kickstart the tutorial through ... well let's call it a "back door command prompt". How Dio found out its existence is far, far beyond me, far beyond Ku, maybe even far beyond anyone else in the cosmos too; save for the eldest deities. Plus it even scares the %&I* outta me too, just knowing about it!


But this self summary is what has happened in the previous several minutes. Further in this time I'd had a brief conversation with Luria ... on my newest plan. Specifically, grow my DP ― deific potential ― through what can be called a 'hail mary' option. Ha; a 'hail mary' moment, having a deific connection ... the irony is not lost upon me. I never was so serious about the theological aspect, earlier in my personal life; but now it seems, it will be worth a lot of my new life.

Theologically, though ― it's good. I truly am, throwing all my last ditch efforts into one 'pass' ... and hope something catches. Sometimes it's like that. The tutorial I'll be going through, I won't have the advantage of a partner deity, a guide or guardian; I can only finish alone. Or, not finish at all-

I'd just finished stating a yes to Luria; and she disappears from right before me, to focus on writing this new speech I am to read as the message. The slightest hint of a smile, even, just before her disappearance ― such a detail would be unnecessary at all, except ... well ... I think, no believe, it means something. Luria ... the system agent portion ... is genuinely thankful of my consideration of, her value. Oof, what is this, I am feeling slightly choked up all of a sudden? What am I, becoming emotional as was Anyah, not so long ago?

But see here, I'm focusing now on the newest project ― this stone tablet, which will hold my visual appearance and voice. I'm drawing from memory some examples and describing their surfaces and properties. Generally in a rectangular form, one front surface smooth like glass ― normally a touch screen which would allow a user to manipulate objects like icons to execute programs, and then to manipulate the apps themselves. No; for these stone tablets they need not be touch activatable nor even have a smooth surface, beyond any necessity for presentation of my image. Sound induction through the stone should be enough to present my voice too, along with the image, synchronized and perfectly audible.

Honestly, describing the stone tablets, artifacts to this world once done, is over just like that. But also as honestly, sparking to life and following these memories, I'm also drawn to describe so many other things irrelevant to the purpose of this task ― but it's fun!

"Master ... will this size suffice, for the artifact?"

It sounds so ... clinically sterile, as to description, the way she just said that. Sort of like my own chief of staff, back in the days I first opened a professional AI laboratory. Aah, those were the days; but she should have not let it sound like she was disgusted, by my loving interest in AI creation!

I note the finished product, the stone tablet seen hovering before me now, and yes it is, it's good. As I told before, the size could be upscaled depending upon quantities of individuals expected to see it. The base model for all small gatherings would be laptop screen sized ― half a meter diagonal, and yes oh so smooth looking on the surface. The largest model she could make would be a two meter diagonal stone tablet fit for showing in public in highly populated areas. The base model comprises ninety percent or more of the total tablets, while less than one percent of the remainder are actually for capital sized cities and communes.

"That will work nicely, Luria. Thank you."

She nodded with another small smile, then continued. "Also ... Master. The prepared script is finished, based upon existing knowledge of all races and recent world events. Perhaps you could read it through first, and suggest any changes you would desire?"

The pages as objects are transparent screens of words, floating in the air at the place where the displayed stone tablet sample just was. But at my reaching out to touch one, they all become physical sheets of paper, scattering across the floor in comedic style. Aah, well thankfully being or feeling so young, I grab for them and slowly do my part, skimming ― no, reading ― through each line. It is good. I have no complaint, but-

"This segment in the middle of the third page. I wonder if the mortals should really know how desperate Gabi's situation is?"

"... it should be apparent, even to those in the world who do not believe in deities. Master. Giving an honest statement of Gabianna's status is estimated to boost a positive reception of the remaining message by sixty three percent, or more."

Of course, she's right. It's all about eliciting the proper response; a response which acknowledges Gabi's existence, and nonpresence, and even potential to return ... at some point. It's the genuine deal; not throwing the baby out with the bathwater, not throwing Gabi under a proverbial bus, and not minimizing those things at all, ever. It's ... feelings ... so now my stomach is starting to knot up in anticipation of saying all of these things. A lump in my throat, too ― a very human response. Which, considering, is probably what this world needs, for some time yet.

I give a couple more suggestions; but even so, it's good. I'd read it anyway; but I do add my own appeal.

It makes me feel ... what's the word ... vulnerable. As in, if I am a deity now I should not need to explain myself to mortals; yet with all the seriousness of things, I could not fail to begin explaining. It's all to initiate the process, of gathering new worship mana. Except, no longer can I afford to merely 'find the next greatest worshipper of Gabianna' nor can I just appear to a city or town or village at a time ― it's a brute force attempt to invert things immediately.

Why, though, show all of this to even the monsters? Well ... Kika being the first ... I'm humbled to know, even 'monster races' are not without their potential either. Despite what I presume some humanoid mortal species may have been thinking; now I know for myself. While walking about Aaren Bechamel's city, I did note many beastkin races, but none of the more monstrous races such as goblin, orc, or others. Probably a level of arrogance in Aaren's kingdom for that purpose too.


"Master. All inventories full of the stone tablets; diverting the excess to be stacked within various rooms."

I nod. Yes I did sort of expect this; it's a lot of those tablets which have been created; and they need to go somewhere. Right now in the mortal world, it's suddenly seeing a decline in mana generation for mortal beings to use ― but I cannot help this. Anyway these stone tablets representing the mana potential within this world will soon be returned, dispersed throughout the whole world.

The anticipation is starting to get to me; my stomach is performing flip flops, my throat is feeling dry and parched, and one eyelid quivers slightly.

"Master. Are you feeling slightly nervous?"

-so perceptive.

"-oh so perceptive, Luria. Yes. It's just, all this is ... it's my plan, for the betterment of the world and its peoples-"

"-then, relax. Doing this will already be much better than not doing it; plus it will allow the mortals a chance to understand what has changed, what is about to change, what they can feel and do about things in their time."

She forgot to call me master-

"You forgot to call me Master. Not that I can exactly stand on protocol, at a time such as this."

"... system monitors have calculated a thirteen percent probability of this system agent not surviving. System has also calculated ... you may not need a servant to speak with, but a companion. Also, eat something why don't you, you're looking a little skinny-"

... she got me there; such a direct address. I laugh at the momentary absurdity, then settle down. Shaking my head, I head to the kitchen for a drink, and a brief nibble of some gourd vegetable. For something the size of a cucumber which is bright yellow but tastes like a spongy carrot ― it does calm me. Plus, it's a diversion, for before I actually record the script's words. I'm also speaking more calm, now; telling Luria some stray thoughts here too. With a concluding burp, I am done, and ready to continue.

"Will this ... will all the words be easily understood?"

"Most races do have their own language; and what is known in this world, the system can provide translations into those languages. Only ... most of the monster races have limited vocabulary ... though the system will still do its best to adapt. In truth ... David ... some of this speech could remain untranslated, because ... no context. But it's better than nothing!"

I get it. Because these things are here for all people to hear, I have to speak even the words which might come out sounding like strange things for them, or like no words at all. Ah so I wonder how the goblin king will react? For most mortals of the world, they should see me, as I am ― and hopefully understand-

"Any final thoughts, before we initiate this plan?"

With this sly grin, yes I do realize, nothing more remains to be said or done here ... but record the presentation. Well I do have a minor thought, that of how well this could be received by the mortals of the world ― and it's not like I can't do more than one recording take ― but no. I'm keyed up enough I don't want to redo this if I don't have to do it again!

"I'm good."

"I am ready too ... David. And remember ... I love you too."

I gulp, wondering if she's playing some weird wordy joke on me.


I am standing here, feeling as if my throat is dry and parched; but I know from experience this is merely still me, as an imperfect human turned deity. I will be imperfect for a while, too. Eh, what can I do-

The glowing form of Luria is standing before me. From my life on old Earth, I know at this 'apparent age' back then, I'd have been described as five foot eleven inches ― in metric, one hundred seventy nine and a half centimeters ― tall. More on the skinny side, as Luria had joked about; and true, I should be taking care of my appetite better than I have. But then, Luria here does not eat, as she is ... what she is.

Luria is a perfect midrange adaptation of what Gabianna was, initia- No? Now this Luria's form is also adapting height as well? Formerly, I'd speculated Gabi's height to be about one head's height shorter than me. Or, shorter than me by eight inches, or twenty centimeters ― whereas Luria was at first halfway between us, at one hundred sixty nine centimeters. But now .... she'd apparently "grown" a sudden new four centimeters, to bridge the distance to my ideal. Eh ... I should not pay attention to whether or not her chest has grown, either-

As agreed, the proverbial 'camera' ― a nonexistent thing in this realm or the mortal world ― would be a point right in front of her eye line. Beautiful, holographic, simulated eyes of olive green. I look into her eyes ... trying not to blush; she is calmly smiling, encouraging me to continue ― I'm sure that's all she's emoting, right? She did say the little 'I love you' ... for which I'm in a state of surprise. Well; this is as much for me, her, the system, the mortal world, and this whole deific realm ― she'd be within rights to express even this little bit, as one last chance. I dare not mess this one up. What is said here, is the visual scene which will be written into each of the tablet shaped totems. Along with a textual display of the words, synchronized along with me speaking them.

But. Standing here, Luria's left eye winks, the arranged signal of her 'recording' state. At the end of this, as I slowly 'fade out' with my own eyes narrowing shut, her own right eye would wink, and then I would know it was a done deal. Anyway ... let's do this-


"... greetings, to all people of this world. You are seeing this message which will repeat for a short while, allowing the majority of this world's inhabitants to see and understand what I am saying. By now it may have become evident, many people in this world have become sick with an illness, and nobody is immune to its effects. In full honesty, even as this world's goddess, Gabianna Rainforest, did become ill with this same sickness and is now in another place, attempting to recuperate ― I also have encountered its effects. In her state of illness, she has come to the point where she cannot manage the needs of the world ― and this is the reason I am here."

Right off the bat, I let the viewers know the reason for this message. All throughout this, I must remember to speak slowly, methodically; Luria has already informed me the automatic translation effect would require this due to different languages requiring more or less lengthy wording. I don't want to have a message delivery get out of sync, due to having to speed up or slow down the message delivery.

"I will now introduce myself, and indicate why I am giving all beings this same message. I am a human named David, selected by the system agent who assisted Goddess Gabianna as a best possible choice for helping everyone. As she left the world, she was dying ― but another person rescued her. Your goddess has received treatment, though she lost all her deity powers; she is the same as any mortal walking in the world. But, she is not deceased and she is not to be ignored; I will not betray her nor will I minimize her importance yet in the future of this world. Nor is this world without assistance ― I have come here to do my part, in taking Gabianna's place."

It's sort of inferential, I am here but Gabianna is not. And it also infers I will be here longer than just a short while. I'll get to the longer description in a while. But since this message will be on a loop, people will again and again see these opening words, and I hope through it gain a new context of what and why I say these things.

Then now ― tell about the disease, in a simplified way; the more in depth way comes later.

"First: what is this disease? I am not holding back on telling you this. It is an illness spread through the fluids from the body and from unclean things which have come in contact with those same things, and even through air. The most relevant body fluids are of couples who perform intimate acts ― kisses, sex, and other things. These intimate acts are normal for couples, but a danger exists in having too many marriage or mating partners. Allow me to simplify the matter. First, a best choice a person can make in this time of illness would be to refrain from performing those intimate acts with anyone, if it can be helped. Second, if a person does have a mate already and can constrain mating with only the partner, this is preferred. Third, even if a person engages in the intimate acts, it is wise to recognize how it will affect you."

Yeah totally. As in on Earth, one saying had the ring of truth: 'When you sleep with someone it is the same as sleeping with everyone they slept with before you.'

"In the world I previously came from, much of this was already experienced too, and I hope you can forgive me if I am skipping through some of the description but I want you to believe me. Inside the body, within blood and bone and muscles, the parts of the disease are so small they cannot be seen. However, this does not mean you need to fear your own body; as you all were made, your bodies can fight off many forms of being sick or having diseases upon itself. Much of the ways to reduce sickness and fight off the illness will come from keeping yourself and your place of living ... clean."

... and I hope they understand what I mean. If not, I will be more descriptive, now ― they should not fail to understand by the end of this next lengthy 'scripture' I am putting upon them. Oh ... and some of these things will be more than just embarrassing; but they are necessary to be spoken. And strange too ... Luria's 'script' here is not so 'word perfect' as my former corporate speech writer would have made; but for this world and for me who is doing the speaking ... it will be fine enough. The point will be made.

"Second: what can you do. Body fluids are part of you and your process of being alive; yet they also make a person touching them unclean. The solution to avoid sickness is in a daily routine of washing; to be clean, you must keep yourself clean from what leaves your body. You must also not continue to wear dirty clothes and worn clothes, but wash the dirty clothes so they become clean, and repair or replace damaged clothing."

"Blood which flows in you is evidence of your life; but blood which leaves you will make the person who touches it unclean, and any items it touches unclean. It should not come into contact with another living person, you should neither touch nor consume it; let it go into the ground, and wash all object which your blood will touch so those items become clean again. You must not leave your blood upon objects nor cause some other persons to touch it. Your blood is your soul, and your soul is your blood; it is considered a holy part of you. What flesh or meat is eaten must be drained of its blood, and washed."

"What you eat is digested and used as your energy of life, and the excess is later eliminated as wastes. Solid and liquid wastes are unclean remnants of what was eaten. You should not touch the body wastes, but return them into the ground. Wastes which are excreted should be properly buried, and all objects coming into contact with these wastes be washed. Any part of your flesh coming into contact with body wastes should be washed. Bury the wastes so as to let them nourish the soil and the plants within it, so as to have plants in a future day also nourish you ― in a way you do not know, yet."

"The sweat which is released upon the bodies of most races is evidence of your hard work and exertion at your daily lives, also is unclean. Sweat may contain traces of the same particles found in your liquid wastes, therefore making you unclean until next you wash yourselves."

"Fluids from male and female reproductive organs are meant to be respected as vital to the continuation of life. These are for the making of children, thus these fluids must be viewed as holy, only to be used in the honorable ways of reproducing by mates making a family. You are not to have contact with these fluids from another being except in the normal process of reproduction. You also must not have multiple sexual partners; remain bound to one mate for all the remaining days of your lives."

"The watery tears coming from the eyes also may transfer illness; you should not touch the tears of another without washing what they touch so as to become clean. Tears as evidence of emotions both sad and happy can and will be reason for drawing close to each other; but in this time of illness it is necessary to take care again to not touch the tears. Clothing and fabrics and items coming into contact with tears should also be washed or wiped clean."

"The sneeze and the cough are involuntary reactions in most races, but the droplets emitted by them may also contain illness; the mucus or droplets expelled from them should be washed or wiped away, as soon as possible. For all of your daily routines, every living being capable of hearing this message should be vigilant against coughing or sneezing on others, as well as being coughed upon or sneezed upon. You must have a regular order of washing your bodies and covering your noses and mouths."

Now; here's the hard part. The 'hard sell', as if any of the previous words did not state it well enough. This is a direct message to everyone in the mortal world, a way of informing everyone the 'what' and 'how' of the actions to come. Part of me is eager to know how the residents of the world will take this; another part of me fears ... it might not be enough, or might even be too much. But I've made my choice, and I am going to stick with it.

"Now; after having described primary ways to maintain your cleanliness, I am next to discuss the purpose of this message going forward. One primary problem exists, and I am asking for your help. The crucial part of it is, in order to start in my way toward providing this help to all, I have need to ... basically, bring to an end and then renew the whole realm where I will reside, replacing the damaged parts of it. This is a necessary action; without doing this first, I can not work as well at countering the disease, the illness. But the cost to do so, is ... your worship. Your respect, and yes even love, are a vital part of me now."

Here. I am doing exactly what Elison first accused me of doing; only for now it is precisely for the right reasons. I hope ... I wish and hope ... for all peoples to understand this. Will they accept this?

Oh, I am sure quite a few in the world will see and hear this message; maybe so many of them might first jump to the 'wrong' conclusion. But, the beauty of this message is ― those stone tablets, those totems to be sent into the world ― these objects are also marked 'untouchable' by mortal hands. Further, this message is to repeat, on a loop, with a brief pause between the times ― as I have said.

"The reason for needing your worship is vital. A being such as a god or goddess must not have an adversarial or enemy stance toward the mortals of the world; we create, build up, and maintain worlds for a mutual benefit ― both ours and yours. Only mere days ago I was a mortal human too, just like some of you here. But in being selected by the system which Gabianna Rainforest has had at her side in her whole time, I am elevated to be a deity for this world, in her place. She left this world; she handed her right to receive worship from mortals in this world to me; but this does not mean she cannot come back, once she heals. I also wish to see her again and I hope as she recovers, you will desire to see a new her. Whether you choose to worship me directly or to remain worshipping her ... the amount of worship sent to her in effect will come to me, only after some delay."

I take a new breath, and at this point wondering if Luria can handle all of this still though she is merely 'standing' in this glowing form. Luria loves me? Well her eyes ... yeah they might say that ... and her body pose, ... yeah that says it too-

-moving on! Oh and I think the earlier emotional bit might resurface, soon; I do have concern in how to say this next stuff.

"As this realm formerly belonging to Gabianna must be rebuilt, and the cost is from your worship ― I am forced to be honest. I do not have enough to complete the task, as things are now. If you do wish to see an end to the sickness currently in your world and mine, I will ask of you to stop for a few minutes each day and ponder those things which are important. The individuals around you who are important. Places and things too which are as necessary to life and thus important. And even me, being important to your continuing life. If you do this each day, at the time and manner of your choosing, then I can receive your worship and finish this task."

There. This part is finally done; I worried in my silent read through of this part, thinking it was a tough sell. In fact, This paragraph I just read was partly at my suggestion of providing the 'logic' to the sentient beings, to say I am not merely demanding their worship, but I also have a reason for needing their worship. In my mind, doesn't it make it more equitable, if those who should worship me will know why I am asking for this?

"Going forward from this point, I see many of this world's issues which still need to be handled. I neither want nor need to be only taking from you in a one sided manner; I also want to see every place in this world, for my own self, and meet with as many individuals as who desire to also meet me. This is my starting point in this world; a very small handful of individuals have already met me, but now this illness is of prime importance for me to put an end to it. Please do, strive to keep yourselves clean. Whether you show signs of illness or not, some of you might also carry the disease and unknowingly infect others, through innocent contact."

... is this, any of this part, too much for them? In part, this much is written by Luria with minor edits suggested by me; but right now I am coming to one other point I inferred to her ― I might be motivated to speak 'off the cuff', and then 'wing it'. A small smile comes to my lips as ... yeah, I think I will ... I am going to speak to make an emotional bond. Also I still feel a slight worry, so it's not a small thing to say I have a faint watery tear which is threatening to also descend down my cheek. Well ... if it does, I cannot stop it. I am not doing a 'take two' here just because of some stray teardrop.

"I would also desire to tell each and every one of you ― take care of each other. While this illness is loose upon the world, this should not make you want to hide away from others. You may still live in communities and do your work, with small changes for keeping yourselves and your items clean. And the most difficult thing ― maintaining a distance of one whole body length away from others who you do not already live with. I say all of this out of hopes, and desires, and interest in your lives. I wish for each of you to remember this day, it is not likely to come again ― and if all is well after this day, those who survive may be seeing a reward of their own. And I do desire as many of you as possible to survive."

"... therefore. Live. Help each other to live. Do not become enemies of each other, and do not fear each other. For this sickness did not originate in this world but from another place; and what I am to attempt is to take out the sickness, and stop it. This is not a guarantee, either ― I will neither promise to do something I cannot do, nor will I promise to do something I have no intent to finish. I promise this, then: I will work at removing all this illness, until it is no more, upon this world."

"I will value each one of you. Whether you are young or old or in between; whether you are male or female or even a being without a gender; whether you are human or elf or dwarf or dragon or gnome or even a goblin ― any race of living being upon the mortal world ― I have a desire to see you made well. To see you live a long, healthy life. To see you prosper at your own efforts and hard work. To see all of you learn what you can about the world around you. Further, I ... I love all of you-"

I tremble, just a small bit. Actually my eyelid just fluttered; oops if this means what I think it does as on Earth, my eyes will begin watering, soon-

"I, for my part, will also do as much as I possibly can. Nothing of your worship given will be wasted; it will all be used in finishing the task I have before me. I wish to express this as a love for you ― even if I have not met you yet ... I do wish to visit with many of you, face to face. Have no fear, have no worry ― you are not alone. I too have my own concerns which makes me the equal of you; and each of you who has your own concerns will be heard, when you express them through a heartfelt prayer. Even the writing and singing of songs for this day will be welcome as thanks enough to me."

Aah I feel it, something is emerging from one tear duct, some stray leak-

-gotta hurry now!

"I will conclude this message, which will repeat for as long as possible, with the words of hope and faith and gratitude in advance, for any of you desiring to be a part of this new world, going forward. To those with an ability to write, I would ask you to write down what you see, what you feel, what you think ― the events which are happening around you. Make a record of these things, so your descendants in future days can know of your lives now, and to know of what is being done here. And my final question, to you ― will all of you listening to this message give of your worship? Will you now understand, what disease is in the world has happened, but soon is to be ended, and will never happen again?"

Damn. That tear ― originally only a pool of wetness clinging to the side of the eye ― it just slid down. Damn it, I thought I could make it to the end, without it leaking during this recording session-

Luria blinks her eyes shut for a second, waiting just a couple seconds, a couple heart beats, indicating this 'recording' is finish ... and I slowly wipe away a tear. Also, let out a withheld breath ― corny though it might be ― a sheer effect of having delivered this message.

... well I ... I did think, an emotional pleading would probably help out in some parts of the world-

"Master, it is good. Embedding this scene within the artifacts, now-"


Should I ask Luria to somehow ... edit out that almost dripping tear from the visual scene? Aah ... nope. It's a live take, and ... it's proving I'm alive. So, I think, yes. I do think. And also feel. The least of which, symptomatic of a queasy stomach.

Was I somehow overly emotional? Even on Earth, I did not hold back the tears when in private; only in front of others would I never allow myself any emotion but anger. Ah damn. Yet another tear? What the heck is wrong here?!

L, Luria would ... never betray this emotion ... would she?

In front of me, Luria is showing a more muted, blank gaze ― phasing in and out of view, many times per second. Applying this video to each of the stone tablets in the inventory and stacked all around here. Then, whether I'm full of tears and emotions or not, she's silently on the task of sending each one to their destination, and activating them.

I don't really have much time; already it's mere seconds from the point where Luria too will 'shut down' and also collapse the realm structures and filter out all the essences ― mine, from Gabi, and from other deities and mortal beings who have been here.

But also, the 'restart' I cannot initiate until all the totems ― artifacts ― are delivered and activated in the world. Once done ... Luria would not have anything more to do ― but resign herself to my finishing ... this tutorial.

In a way ... this is and was the 'nuclear option'. Blast away everything. Just to rebuild, with the 'proper' DP ... deity points ... deity potential ... all coming from worship mana given to the deity of the world ... me.

Am I ready? Hell no but I cannot stop it now.

Just for the briefest moment, I sense distantly, something is wrong too with Samiel, that eager to be with snake girl. A lamia. How long ago had I been with her? Feels like ages ago. I only know in how tight she had wrapped herself around me, she'd already 'bonded' herself to me ... now from this sense too, she's ... yeah, already sick. Hang in there, Samiel! I cannot help you, until this is done now! Hang on!

I consider, while I am watching all of Luria for the cues she may show ... hoping in nothing gone wrong. Well if something does go wrong ... the world is lost, and also since Gabianna would not be able to return, she would be lost as well to them and they to her. Not to mention, I would have been ended, if something goes wrong now-


So, my consideration is ... finished. Final. I sigh, feeling somehow a form of relief ― whoa! I feel it, I feel this influx of worship mana! Who could have ever predicted, it would feel so damn nice! Did Gabi never feel this sentiment?

The nice thing is, already even it's all tied to me. To my essence, in my image, from these mortals. No 'filtering' from any system; just pure, unadulterated ... worship stream. Even as the totem delivery is ongoing, parts of the world already are viewing my words.

It means ... people are, they truly are worshipping as I have asked. Another tear flows, against my better wishes; but I know I have things to do. It's time then, I sense somehow in my joint connection to the inventory system, Luria is nearly done in tablet distribution and activation. And also in our stored DP nearing the depletion point, let's be honest. But even so, it's slowly rising again, as some factor I do not see yet is a slow influx of ... from Luria, too? Is this ... possible? Can a 'system agent' truly ... love? Or, worship?

Luria is ... well, less like Gabianna, now; almost nearly completely skewed toward the 'baseline' or common form of a system agent, from the documentation. And, if I might add ― taking on a faint impression of me ... thus a faint aura too of ... whoa. Aha, oh this is gonna be interesting, going forward ― she already looks faintly like Sera did ... giving me a huge reaction!

... shut up. I am a functional male, you know!

Luria is either too busy to 'notice' my reaction or maybe just does not have the time yet. So many little 'to the second' activities to yet do.

Anyway. Once enough of the initial worship mana is gathered, it should be time to start. Kick off the process, like some ancient football game-

"Luria ... once enough worship mana as the reboot requires is present and incoming, start the process. And hope this 'hail mary' pass is well received-"

"Yes ... David ... activating now-"

I see her sweet, gentle, holographic form ... smile ... also with a tear. Yes, she can. I feel a stream of it, coming straight from 'her'.

Oh, what the hell ... I may as well say it, too. After all, she already did so, for her part-

"I love you too ... Luria."

Leaving ... only my deed. Ignoring a certain spike in activity from a certain goblin being shown this recording too ― something far outside my ability to handle, this time. I'll deal with that, later.

Breathe in; breathe out. Repeat. Call up the ancient overrides Dio and Ku told ― and, commit even my own 'physiological avatar' energies into the tutorial process-

-either it will be done, or ... I will never come out of this. And, if I don't ... none of the others in this world will ever have a chance, either-

5