Chapter 14: the Messenger {?}
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Either someone stays or goes from a hero to a villain or vice versa; basically, there are only three types of heroes: First, those who make themselves monsters. Second, those who brought monsters to help them. And the third is both.

 

Global Organization of Defense (G.O.DS)”

 

Somewhere on the other side of the world, 20xx AD.

The current time is 11:00 pm. The night sky was clear, slightly cloudy, and star-studded. Shady trees waved in the night breeze in a wilderness, causing their leaves to fall and fly in all directions. Not long after, a white light shot swiftly from the sky to the ground, forming a vertical line like a pillar of bright light for a moment, and crashed into a place in the middle of this wilderness. As this white light hit the ground surface, it shattered the ground and tore down the surrounding shady trees within a radius of tens of meters in diameter, along with a powerful burst of wind energy blast that spread throughout the forest.

Amidst the source of the wind energy blast just now, a middle-aged man in his 60s with long white hair, a long white mustache, and a long white beard is kneeling with his breath labored. This man stood up. He is bare-chested, showing his stocky but well-proportioned body, and wearing some kind of long black wide pants. The man's expression showed that something was bothering him.

“I must warn them all about the catastrophe, or it will be too late.”

The man was finally able to recover his breath

“Humans… you are not alone in this vast universe…”

This man looked at the star-studded sky. The surrounding scenery was getting farther and farther away from this man up to the night sky, until finally showing a view of planet Earth. The surrounding scenery got farther away through the stars and space until it finally showed the Milky Way galaxy. The surrounding scenery got farther away quickly until it finally showed the Milky Way lined up with other galaxies.

 

Somewhere in the universe

Near a white planet that had big and small sizes of moons orbiting around it, a group of countless battle starship carriers moved side by side and in an extremely long line. These starship carriers have various shapes that extend backward or to the sides, which consist of groups of battle starship carriers. All starship carriers with the same form belong to the same group, with countless other groups of starship carriers. Each group of starship carriers has a symbol that represents something. All of these starship carriers are very large, with the smallest size being the size of the biggest aircraft carrier on Earth.

Each of these starship carriers is armed with cannons, missiles, automatic firing guns, and so on, as well as movable and expandable layers of additional armor for extra defense and weapons storage. These starship carriers are propelled by some sort of jet engines at the rear part of the starship carriers. These starship carriers also had the ability to travel between stars and transport a fleet of starship fighter planes that were much smaller in size. These starship carriers had thick armor on all sides that could open and close to expose their other weapons.

These group of starship carriers moves together, led by three long starship carriers and one large black starship carrier with a shape that resembles something similar to flying wing aircraft that extends to the right and left sides between these three starship carriers and is the largest among all existing starship carriers, and is a starship carriers principal leader. This type of battle starship carrier is covered with additional armor all over its body that can open and widen for its defense and store its weapons and large jet engines, divided into two parts behind the ship.

Inside the starship carrier principal leader, a person with long white hair was in the control room with many crews, pilots, and co-pilots sitting on their respective controls device. The long white-haired man walked in the middle between the crews on a higher floor surface. To their front, above, and right and left were wide screens showing views of outer space and nearby planets outside the ship. The long white haired is seen from behind wearing an overcoat covered in protective metal armor on the upper arms to the shoulders and on the rest of his body, as well as the crew of this ship who are wearing similar clothes. They were all seen from behind or from the side, so their faces couldn't be fully seen, and is a humanoid race. The long white-haired man said

"Haven't there been any news from my brother yet?"

Another white-haired person sitting at the nearby control device answered

"Not yet captain, we are still trying to contact him."

This appeared to bother the long white-haired humanoid man who turned out to be the captain of the starship leader. Shortly after, the danger warning alarm sounded, and someone near the captain spoke loudly.

“Enemy detected approaching our entourage, expected collision in five minutes.”

The captain looked surprised.

"Five minutes? Did not even one of our surveillance fighter starships manage to spot them?”

Something appeared to bother the copilot.

"We just lost contact with all our surveillance fighter starships captain..."

The captain’s expression turned shocked, as if all his hopes had been dashed. The captain gripped his right hand tightly.

“Give word to all the captains to prepare their starship carriers and fighter starships for battle.”

The co-pilot nodded

“Understood captain”

The white-haired captain walked towards the screen in front and saw a view of outer space.

“I will soon end this long journey…”

Before long, this starship carrier shook violently, shocking everyone in the control room.

 

Somewhere in the universe

On a barren planet with white-gray soil, the wind was blowing fiercely. The scenery around showed wide ravines that spread across this vast barren land. Within these ravines stands a sophisticated city whose buildings are made of concrete and metal, with shady trees growing in the vegetation placed all over these buildings’ surfaces and on the ravine walls. The city is hidden behind the cliffs around it with skyscrapers that stand firmly, some of which stand together with the sides of the ravine walls. This ravine was so deep that even the skyscrapers here were still no taller than the cliffs of this ravine that towered up surpass the high of the skyscrapers.

Many flying vehicles pass by regularly at certain heights, like cars passing on a multi-level flyover. Wide sidewalks are attached to several levels of these tall buildings as sidewalk pillars. A woman walks in one of the alleys connected to these sidewalks. She wore black jeans, a leather jacket that was opened in the middle, a shirt, and women's boots. Her hair is neck-length and wavy. This woman was of the human race, walking while being visible from behind so that her face could not be seen, walking among the people of the humanoid race who mostly wore their clothes covered in knee-length overcoats. She wears a metal protector on her right upper arm with the "G.O.DS" emblem on it, the same as Hardy, Raymond, and Ely's. On her right thigh is a handgun attached to a holster and a waist bag attached to the back of her waist belt.

Not long after, there was a short ringing tone; she then stopped her steps and took out some kind of a smartphone with an unusual shape from the inner pocket of her jacket. The smartphone screen was translucent to its back, with the frame of this smartphone lining the bottom, right, and left parts of the screen. She looked at her smartphone screen, which showed an emblem with the words “H.H.U.N.T.E.R”.

 

Somewhere in the universe

A tall man sits on top of a skyscraper while enjoying the night view of the city in front of him, which has buildings that are primarily skyscrapers, and this man sits on top of the tallest skyscraper here. Slung across his lower back was a longsword with the width of a half-span adult man's hand and longer than his height, sheathed in a black scabbard. The longsword hilt is long enough to be held in two hands freely, black colored with red ornaments, and a golden lantern-like carving added to the lower end of the hilt. On the sword, the crossguard has a sturdy golden carving. The man wore a sleeveless black knee-length overcoat that opened in the middle, a t-shirt, gloves, long black pants, and boots.

The man was seen from behind, so his face could not be seen. He soon received a call and took out some kind of smartphone with an unusual shape from the inner pocket of his overcoat. From this man's smartphone, a man's voice was heard

"All preparations for our battle starship carriers fleet have been completed sir."

The man in the overcoat doesn't have much of a reaction

“Good; announce to all the townspeople on each starship carriers to temporarily halt their activities during the battle starship carriers attacks and take shelter in their respective bunkers. “After that, immediately report to me and await my orders.”

The man on the phone replied in a respectful tone

“I understand sir.”

The man in the overcoat then ended the call.

0