Chapter 20: Item Shop {?}
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man in the cloak used a hand gesture to call Black Star to come forward.

"Then go ahead."

Black Star stopped in his tracks and was still far from the man in the cloak.

"Whether you hide it or not, you really aren't affected by me, huh? hahaha."

Black Star laughed casually; somehow, he looked happy.

"Be ready."

Black Star entered into a stance; he then shot forward with a ground-shattering starting stomp. It didn't take long for Black Star to close the distance with the man in the cloak and was about to punch him again. The man in the cloak said.

"Item effect activation, Repel Fate."

A black panel with white writing appeared beside the man in the cloak:

 

[Cloak of The Grim Reaper item effect activated]

[Item Effect: Repel Fate lvl N/A

Effect Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical or Magical

Mana Usage: None (200/500 remaining)

Cooldown: 15 minutes (14:59 remaining)

Effect: Reverses the total damage from the last two attacks received by Cloak of The Grim Reaper

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak hurtled his black armored cloak toward Black Star and hit him head-on. The black armored cloak and Black Star's body collided so violently that it caused a wind blast and spark. The force of the cloak's impact was greater and knocked Black Star's body far back and crashed into the first floor of the Pentagon building behind him, penetrated to the outside of the building, and destroyed part of the outer wall of the building. Black Star tried to stop his body from being thrown, but the strong thrust of the man in the cloak's attack kept Black Star's body continued to be thrown, penetrating and destroying the Pentagon fence. Black Star then managed to land stably on the concrete surface. However, Black Star's body, which was resting on his two legs, was still being dragged back again, and his legs anchored to the surface, destroying the rough floor and asphalt road until finally, he could stop several meters after the Pentagon fence.

The heavily equipped army personnel, who were now only a few meters behind Black Star, were surprised to see Black Star suddenly throw and penetrate the Pentagon building; all the army personnel immediately aimed their assault rifles at Black Star. Black Star looked towards the first floor of the Pentagon building in front of him, which was now a hole forming like a tunnel after being penetrated by his thrown body. The man in the cloak's attack caused Black Star's body armor to deviate slightly and then rearrange itself, causing Black Star to be shocked. Black Star thought.

"He used a strange attack again."

Black Star appeared to have realized something.

"He used his cloak to attack and suddenly his attack power multiplied was no coincidence. Did that cloak reverse my attack?"

Black Star still looked doubtful, he thought.

"If true, so my attack feel that strong huh…"

Behind Black Star, one of the soldiers said in a raised voice.

"You there, put your hands where I can see them."

Even so, Black Star appeared to pay no heed; he scanned the destroyed part of the Pentagon building. The vision behind the Black Star's metal mask then showed writing.

 

"Casualties: No casualties detected"

 

After confirming that, Black Star stepped towards the Pentagon fence. Seeing Black Star, the soldier who had warned him earlier looked irritated.

"Wait, I say put your hands where I can see them."

Black Star still ignored him and walked past the Pentagon fence. The soldier who had warned him looked even more irritated and spoke again in a raised voice.

"Put your hands where I can see them you goddammit!"

He said while walking towards Black Star; the surrounding comrades immediately tried to stop him. One of his comrades said.

"Control yourself captain! We are dealing with Black Star!"

The man, who turned out to be a captain, stopped; his comrades let him go.

"No matter what, someone has to put their hands where I can see them today, you all understand!"

Captain said in a loud voice. The surrounding soldiers answered loudly.

"Yes, sir!"

Back to the man in the cloak, he didn't look calm even though he had just dealt a very powerful attack on Black Star. From behind the hollowed-out Pentagon building, in the distance, the man in the cloak could see Black Star was still unaffected by his attack.

"Damn you monster. If I don't do something else, I won't be able to defeat him."

The man in the cloak appeared to have realized something.

"Open Home Screen"

Soon after, a black panel with white writing appeared before him:

 

[Inventory] [Regular Item Shop] [Regular Craft] [Regular Brew] [User's Stats, Status, and Points Distribution]

 

The man in the cloak touched the words [Regular Item Shop], and the display on the black panel changed:

 

[Regular Item Shop] [GP:1670]

[Safe Town Portal Medallion: 100 G

Health Potion: 500 G

Mana Potion: 500 G

Elixir: 700 G

Energy Drink: 500 G

Antidote: 500 G

Miracle Potion: 2000 G

Smoke Bomb: 200 G]

[Page 1 of 3] [Next Page]

 

The man in the cloak touched the writing Mana Potion: 500 G, a picture, and white letters, then replaced the display in the black panel:

 

(Image of a clear glass bottle shaped like erlenmeyer flasks with a black cap, a brown string around the neck of the bottle, and filled with some sort of blue liquid)

[Mana Potion]

[Item Type: Consumable

Item Effect: Restores MP equivalent to 50% of max MP.

Side effects: None]

[Quantity [+] [1] [-] Total: 500 G, Purchase?] [Yes] [No]

 

The man in the cloak was about to touch the words [Yes], but his expression turned doubtful.

"I'd better be more vigilant since my opponent is Black Star…."

The man in the cloak touched the [+] sign and increased the quantity of Mana Potions he bought.

 

[Quantity [+] [2] [-] Total: 1000 g, Purchase?] [Yes] [No]

 

The man in the cloak touched the words [Yes], and the black panel in front of him then changed to show:

 

(Image of a clear glass bottle shaped like erlenmeyer flasks with a black cap, a brown string around the neck of the bottle, and filled with some sort of blue liquid)

[2 Mana Potions purchased, save to Inventory?] [Yes] [Discard]

 

The man in the cloak put his hand in and penetrated the black panel before him, right at the part that showed the bottle filled with blue liquid. The man in the cloak pulled his hand back from the black panel screen with a bottle filled with a blue liquid in the image in his hand.

 

[1 Mana Potion Purchased, save to Inventory?] [Yes] [Discard]

 

The man in the cloak touched the words [Yes]. The display on a black panel in front of him then changed:

 

[Inventory] [Regular Item Shop] [Regular Craft] [Regular Brew] [User's Stats, Status, and Points Distribution]

 

The man in the cloak said.

"Close home screen"

Immediately after that, the black panel in front of him disappeared.

The man in the cloak opened the bottle filled with a blue liquid in his hand, then pressed something against the armored collar of his cloak, and the metal mask on his face opened. The man in the cloak was seen from the side and drank the Mana Potion down. Soon after, a black panel with white writing appeared in front of him:

 

[Mana Points +250 (450/500 remaining)]

 

The man in the cloak pressed something on the collar of his cloak, and the black metal mask closed again on his entire face. The man in the cloak walked forward through the hole in the first floor of the Pentagon that was penetrated by the thrown of Black Star.

Arriving outside the Pentagon building, Black Star had been waiting for the man in the cloak; they stood face-to-face several meters apart. The man in the cloak thought.

"Damn, even with all that he's still fine, and it's obvious that he hasn't shown all of his power…"

The man in the cloak's attention turned to the black tower-shaped starship carrier above him and appeared bothered by it. The man in the cloak looked back at Black Star, then thought.

"So, this is the person called "The Strongest Superhero"."

Black Star looked astonished.

"You have a unique ability, and always mention something before starting your attack."

The man in the cloak shrugged his shoulders.

"Yes, that is so. Everyone's abilities are different."

Black Star replied.

"Of course."

Black Star radiated his high and dense energy radiation to the man in the cloak, which suddenly made the man in the cloak falter and almost fell over, and his breath hitched. The man in the cloak thought.

"Urgh, what is this dense energy aura from him? Suddenly my body felt heavy and my breath became short."

The man in the cloak looked at Black Star warily as he thought.

"This person… somehow, I feel like Black Star feels he won't be defeated in this fight."

Black Star continued speaking.

"So... are you a Hero, or Villain?"

0