Chapter 21: Another Try {?}
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man in the cloak didn't answer; his breath was still shallow as he thought.

"Damn, I might indeed couldn't defeat him from the beginning."

The man in the cloak took a stance ready to attack, making Black Star slightly surprised.

"You want to attack me again? Alright then."

Black Star looked unfazed. The man in the cloak thought.

"Even so, I'll keep trying."

The man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, God of War's wrath, Endless Breath, and Speedster."

Immediately after that, three black panels with white writing appeared on the right and left of the man in the cloak:

 

[God of War's Wrath Skill Activated (1:59 remaining)]

[Skill: God of War's Wrath lvl N/A

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical or Magical

Mana Usage: -200 (250/500 remaining)

Cooldown: 30 minutes (29:59 remaining)

Effect: Over a period of time, all of the user's attacks and skills will deal critical damage.

Side effects: None]

 

[Endless Breath Skill Activated (1:29 remaining)]

[Skill: Endless Breath lvl 3

Type: Active

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: 2 min 30 sec (2:29 remaining)

Effect: Over a period of time, the user's stamina will not decrease, and fatigue will not increase

Side effects: None]

 

[Speedster Skill Activated (1:29 remaining)]

[Skill: Speedster lvl 3

Type: Active

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: 2 min 30 sec (2:29 remaining)

Effect: Over a period of time, the user's speed increases by 300%

Side effect: Fatigue +0.16 / sec (disabled)]

 

The man in the cloak ran with a hard starting stomp, causing a wind blast that spread in all directions; he dashed furiously towards Black Star. Black Star was shocked as he thought.

"Suddenly his speed increased tremendously."

While running, the man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, Heracles Smash."

A black panel with white writing appeared near the man in the cloak and followed his movements:

 

[Heracles Smash skill Activated]

[Skill: Heracles Smash lvl 1

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical

Mana usage: None (250/500 remaining)

Cooldown: 20 seconds (19 remaining)

Effect: Deals 300 physical + critical damage to the target (+God of War's Wrath skill critical damage).

Side effects: None]

 

In no time, the man in the cloak closed the distance with Black Star and punched Black Star in the face with his right hand. Black Star immediately used both hands to parry. The man in the cloak's fist covered in a gauntlet collided violently with the armor on Black Star's forearm, causing a huge wind blast that spread in all directions for a moment. The strength of the man in the cloak's fist made Black Star falter and stunned, leaving an opening in his defense. The man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, Gods Push"

A black panel with white writing appeared near the man in the cloak:

 

[Gods Push Skill Activated]

[Skill: Gods Push lvl 3

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical

Mana usage: None (300/500 remaining)

Cooldown: 20 seconds (19 remaining)

Effect: Deals 150 physical damage and a push effect on the target. (+God of War's Wrath skill critical damage).

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak slammed his gauntlet-covered palm toward Black Star, which hit him in the chest; his gauntlet clashed against Black Star's armor and caused a loud crashing sound and a sudden wind blast. Black Star was dragged back several meters with his legs anchored to the ground, shattering the surface he was standing on, but this only made Black Star wake up from his stunned state.

The man in the cloak immediately ran very fast toward Black Star to continue the attack. The man in the cloak immediately shot out his left fist swiftly, but Black Star also immediately thrust his right fist out. Their fists collided forcefully, causing a wind blast. A black panel appeared near the man in the cloak:

 

[God of War's Wrath skill critical damage inflicted]

 

The black panel with that words kept reappearing in the vicinity of the man in the cloak whenever his attacks clashed with Black Star's attacks. They exchanged a barrage of punches and kicks quickly and kept colliding attacks with each other, scattering wind blasts in every collision of their attacks; the wind blasts of these collisions got stronger and stronger until the wind blast finally strong enough to shatter several of the windows panes on the first floor of the Pentagon building beside them.

Thanks to his good combination of skills, the man in the cloak could keep up with Black Star's attack power and speed without having to fend off using his cloak at all. The man in the cloak thought.

"Damn, he keeps counterbalancing my attacks."

The man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, Blink."

A black panel with white writing appeared near the man in the cloak:

 

[Blink Boots item effect activated]

[Item Effect: Blink lvl N/A

Effect Type: Active

Damage Type: None

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: 20 Seconds (19 remaining)

Effect: Blink to any area within the effect range.

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak suddenly disappeared before Black Star, taking him by surprise. Black Star thought.

"Damn, he's disappeared again."

Black Star immediately guessed the man in the cloak's location without thinking too much. Black Star positioned his left elbow to attack, then rotated and pointed backward. Sure enough, the man in the cloak suddenly appeared behind Black Star. However, due to the increased speed, the man in the cloak managed to catch Black Star's elbow, then kicked Black Star's lower back with his knee.

The man in the cloak's attack made Black Star falter and opened up his defense. The man in the cloak moved swiftly in front of Black Star and continued to punch Black Star's whole body repeatedly with the focus of the attacks on Black Star's head. Once Black Star's defense was exposed, Black Star could not match his attacks with the man in the cloak, causing the man in the cloak's attacks to land all over his body continuously. The man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, Shadow Phoenix."

A black panel with white writing appeared near the man in the cloak:

 

[Shadow Phoenix Skill Activated]

[Skill: Shadow Phoenix lvl 1

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical and Magical

Mana Usage: -300 (0/500 remaining)

Cooldown: None

Effect: Over a period of time, deals a total of 10 consecutive slash attacks with 100 Physical and Magical damage +User's attack points per slash. Fire element damage bonus 20% on enemies weak to wind elements. Wind element damage bonus 20% on enemies weak to wind elements. During the attack, the user's body will merge with the shadow, giving a 100% evasion rate. (+God of War's Wrath skill critical damage).

Side Effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak prepared to slash using the blades on the outer sides of both gauntlets. The man in the cloak moved extremely fast, and his body was covered in black shadow as he moved and slashed a slash imbued with wind to Black Star's body from the front with the blade on his right gauntlet, causing Black Star to look in pain but not break his armor.

 

[God of War's Wrath skill critical damage inflicted]

 

[Speedster Skill off]

 

[Endless Breath Skill off]

 

The man in the cloak slashed a slash imbued with fire from behind Black Star very fast with the blade on his right gauntlet and hit Black Star's back, followed by slashes from various directions. Black Star's swift movements tried to counterattack the man in the cloak with fists and kicks attacks, but the body of the man in the cloak, which was covered in black shadows, made Black Star's attacks only penetrate this shadow and just made him falter even more, weaken Black Star defenses, and the more opportunities open for a man in the cloak easier to attack him.

The force of these slashing attacks from two blades of two gauntlets made a loud collisions sound against Black Star’s armor, followed by sparks, huge flame blasts, and huge wind blasts. Finally, ten slashes had hit Black Star's body; each slash damage was imbued with fire and wind elements, followed by critical damage from God of War's Wrath skill.

Finished carrying out the attacks, the man in the cloak stood with a stance ready to attack with his gauntlets while breathing heavily, a few meters away from Black Star. Receiving heavy blows with repeated critical damage, Black Star froze in place; his armor appeared to have many large slash marks and cracks but not penetrated. The man in the cloak turned to face Black Star, and they were facing each other. Black Star just head down and fell silent in place, did not react. On the other hand, the man in the cloak was trying to fix his labored breathing as he thought.

“Damn, I'm almost at my limit.”

 

[User's Status]

[Fatigue: 70]

[MP: 0/500 remaining]

 

Not long after, Black Star raised his head again.

“Urgh… Your attacks are hurts enough, but unfortunately still far from enough to defeat me.”

Hearing that made the man in the cloak shocked.

0