Waking Up To A New World – Chapter 2
2.5k 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking Up To A New World ~ Chapter 2

The sun was rising over the horizon as the two red and white moons began setting for their slumber. The first rays bounced off of the extravagantly carved windows of the Astra Manor. The blue and white building looked ethereal in the twilight, it's walls glimmered like a curtain of stars, it's elegantly maintained garden a show of nobility and vitality. Inside this ethereal manor, in the 3rd room on the second floor, a boy was sitting up staring at the rising sun.

This really is a different world. I never thought the day would come where I would get another chance but it's really starting to set in now.

Niro tossed his blanket aside and walked up the mirror in the corner of the room. 

So this is how Roel looks huh? Yep, he sure does look like a noble. Oh wait, I guess that means I look like a noble now. Neat!

As his initial excitement started to wear off, he looked at the mirror with a conflicted expression. He softed started talking to himself. 

"Is this you? Or is this me? Am I still Niro or am I now Roel? Haha I guess we'll just have to figure out as the time goes. For now I guess I have to use your name."

Roel looked away from the mirror. There was no point wondering who he was right now. He probably wouldn't be able to figure it out even if he tried. Instead, he decided that he should try and get a grip about the current situation. 

I'm pretty sure the old man said he gave me some blessings and to check what they were myself. How do I check them?? He could've atleast explained them to me. 

Sighing, Roel stepped back onto his bed and tried to understand what the old man had given him. Maybe yelling the name will make something pop up, that's how it works in games anyways. 

"Status Window!"

[  

[Roel Astra]

Level 3

Status: 

[ "Hero of the Stars"

"The Blessed One"

   "Crimson Crown" ]

Abilities:

Strength (S+)

Agility (S+)

Defence (S+)

Stamina (S+)

Vitality (S+)

Special Abilities:

Oracle Eye (SS+):

When mana is passed through your eyes, they have the ability to see through objects, detect mana pulses, and also sense movement not directly visible to you. (Inspect feature is also included.)

Reality Resonance (SSS+):

Any magic concept or spell, as long as the user has a clear mental image of it's use and function, can be created through a figment of ones imagination.

777 (SS+):

When certain conditions are right, you will have a spike of luck and good fortune. This ability can also lead you to places or people you are searching for. 

Absolute Hypnosis (SSS+):

Ability to hypnotise anyone within or near users power level. Resistance will not be felt even when hypnotising someone at same power level. Hypnosis with users of higher power levels may fail or only last a temporary period. Ability works more efficiently when used through skin to skin contact. (Warning: Use feature according)

Regeneration (SSS+): 

The highest level of regeneration. Works almost instantly as long as the user has sufficient mana left. Rate of regeneration lowers as mana balance lowers accordingly. Will use lifeforce if mana is not available.

                                                                                               ]

"Holy shit." As Roel started reading the status screen infront of him, his mouth slowly got wider and wider til' the point he couldn't be smiling more. 

He really wasn't kidding when he said they were quite nice blessings. I can basically rule the world with this much power. Oh wait, that's exactly what he wanted huh. How sneaky. 

While Roel was thinking about how cunning the old man was, he heard footsteps outside of his door getting closer and closer. After a minute or so, the door creaked open and in stepped a beautiful young woman. Her hair was a dark iridescent blue, shining like the stars. Her deep blue eyes invoked a sense of mystery, and her perfect heart-shaped lips made her all the more alluring. She was wearing what looked like a formal dress, embroidered with beautiful little accents that accentuated her bountiful chest. She was in every sense of the word mystical. As soon as Roel saw her, he instinctively knew who she was. Ariana Astra...also known as his-

"Mother?"

"Are you feeling better Roel? Has your fever gone down?" The woman came up to Roel with face full of worry and started feeling all around checking if he was alright. 

"I-I'm alright mother, don't get too close or you'll get sick too!" While it seemed strange to Ariana why her son was suddenly acting so distant, the bulge in Roel's pants underneath the sheets spoke a different story. Roel was no longer the same person as before, infact he was a completely different person. While he as Roel understood that the woman before him was his mother, he as Niro couldn't help but lust after the attractive woman standing before him. In some twisted sense, he thought it was more inticing knowing this woman was Roel's mother. 

"Are you really alright? I can have the doctors check one more time if you want..."

"No! I'm fine, I really am! I think the fever went away as I'm no longer sweating." Roel tried his best to put up a convincing act as Ariana nodded in resignation.

While she still thought the way he was acting was suspicious, there were more important things to talk about. 

"Roel, your father wanted to come check on you but he's busy at the border dealing with the trading disputes. Unfortunately he won't come back for another 2 weeks or worse case by the end of the month." 

Ariana looked dejected as she was talking. Although she was trying her best to maintain her elegant and motherly smile, she knew that her husband wasn't home nearly as much as he should. She had heard through the other nobles that her husband loved visiting brothels when he went on his work trips, enjoying in lascivious parties where him and his colleagues would ask for some young women from a small villiage, get them pregnant, and then leave. 

The circle of nobility disgusted her. But as much as she resented it, she knew that she too was apart of the disgusting nobles. She was the matriarch of the Astra House. One of the four great Ducal Houses of the Luna Kingdom. She was well respected as a kind and noble woman, proudly representating the face of their ancient house, maybe even more so than their own patriarch, but this nobleness came at a price to her womanhood. She quite often disagreed with her husbands methods and actively tried to stop his corruption. Through their disputes, he would no longer hold her, and rather went and took his needs out with other women. But, even if she needed to give up her womanhood, she would, for she had a son she needed to raise. She vowed to make him a noble and kind person, not like her disgusting unloyal husband or the rest of the muddied nobility. She wanted to make him stand proudly with his family name. 

Unbeknownst to her, while she was looking at the ceiling in a daze, that very same son was looking at her with a heated gaze. 

She's way too attractive, how am I supposed to hold back if the women are like this? I keep telling myself it's wrong but is it really all that wrong? I mean she might be Roel's mother but I'm not completely Roel am I? Yeah that makes sense, let's go with that. Anyways, this might also be a good way to test some of my abilities. I need to "practice". 

"Mother, I think there might be something wrong."

Snapping out of her daze as she heard Roel's concerned voice, she stood up and made her way over to him. 

"What's wrong? Are you sick afterall? I knew there was something wrong, you shouldn't try to act strong like tha-"

As soon as her hand touched Roel's he tried using his ability for the first time since coming to this world. 

"Hypnosis Wave."

Pale purple mana flitted through Ariana's hand for a moment before she suddenly came to a stop. Her eyes suddenly became hazy, almost as if losing their depth, and her expression became stiff. 

Fuck if this doesn't work I'm gonna be screwed. 

"Mother? Can you hear me?"

"Yes Roel"

"If your truly hypnotised, say "I'm Roel's slut"."

"I'm Roel's slut" Ariana said in a monotone voice. 

"Hah...Hahaha....Hahahahahahaha, it worked!"

Roel laughed maniacally as he was filled with the relief that his first trial had worked. 

Well the old man did want me to rule this world. I think taking over this house is a good first step to that. 

As Roel was smirking to himself about his future plans, he confidently strided over to the woman standing infront of him. 

"Let's have some fun shall we, Mother?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

29