25. Advice
555 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One fresh morning.

Kotaro in his new robes was sitting down, soaking in the fresh sunlight after a morning bath.

It was necessary considering all that heavy activity from yesterday's night. The stickiness from bodily fluids made it necessary to take a bath.

It's still a miracle that he can stay awake in comparison to his wife, which is highly credited to his unique power - Hamon.

"Umm… So good."

With a smile, he continued to enjoy the morning. Since his reincarnation, it has been a kind of enjoyment for him. This type of fresh morning is not that available to him in modern days.

"Kotaro-san!"

A sudden call grabbed his attention, and he turned around to find the younger one - Senjuro coming towards him with a smile.

"Oh! Senjuro, you are awake too?"

"Yes. Brother starts training early in the morning, so I get up to assist him."

Despite trying to be cheerful, there was a tinge of sadness in his words as he mentioned about training.

And Kotaro didn't miss it.

"Come here. Join me."

"But I have to–"

"I won't accept your denial!"

Looking at his adamant expression, Senjuro knew there was no escape. So, he gave himself and with a sigh, sat beside him.

"In times like this, Kotaro-san is just like my brother."

"Haha! You don't have to lie to impress me, Senjuro. I am not that great like Kyojuro."

Him being similar to Kyojuro?

It's impossible. Being someone who knew Kyojuro's selfless determination, he lacked a lot. He doesn't have the same determination as Kyojuro when it comes to defeating demons.

"I am not lying, Kotaro-san."

Finding Kotaro taking him as a liar, Senjuro didn't back out and insisted on his words. After all, for him what he said was true.

"You…"

Kotaro looked at Senjuro's pure face devoid of any trickery or flattery towards him.

"I have seen Kotaro-san during training. You have the same eyes as my brother, wanting to become stronger to protect someone else."

Seeing Senjuro genuinely thinking of him like that made Kotaro a bit embarrassed, as he is not that used to taking heartfelt compliments in his face.

But regardless of embarrassment, it felt good.

"Thanks for thinking of me like that, Senjuro."

"You don't have to thank me, Kotaro-san. I just told the truth."

And just like himself, Senjuro humbled himself to the end, making Kotaro smile.

"Senjuro, you truly know how to make someone feel good."

Kotaro went on and ruffled Senjuro's head with a smile, appreciating his thoughts about him.

"It's nothing. I am jealous that you, brother, and Mitsuri-san, all have the strength which can protect someone unlike me."

"You…"

"Haha… Sorry for ruining the mood."

Senjuro laughed after his words, but it was clear which kind of a laugh it was.

'This kid…'

Senjuro Rengoku. The younger brother of the future Flame Hashira - Kyojuro Rengoku.

A kid who wants to become a demon slayer like his brother, but can't do it because of his inadequate talent.

No matter how much he swings a sword or tries to use breathing techniques, he can't become a demon slayer.

In contrast, he is born in a family that has produced excellent demon slayers for generations, and not ordinary but the highest level of demon slayers - Hashiras.

He is feeling the invisible pressure, not from his own family but from the world. It's as if the world is condemning him for not being born with talent at the expense of his mother's death.

"Senjuro."

"Yes?"

“Don’t try to demean yourself. It will discourage you, and make you feel that you truly have no value in life. So…”

Not waiting for his response, Kotaro took hold of his head and ruffled his fire-like hair, giving a kind gesture to him.

“So… stop making this sad face all the time. Look at your shortcomings more positively. Just because you are not talented in demon hunting doesn’t make you less worthy.”

“But…”

“Don’t interrupt when an elder is giving advice!”

Kotaro punched Senjuro’s head with a small amount of force, making him groan in pain. He smiled and said the words he wanted to convey to Senjuro, not because he was a character, nor because he was a future Hashira’s family member, but as his little brother.

It might have been a short period of time, but Kotaro regarded Senjuro as his own little brother. And as his older brother, it is his duty to give some free advice.

“You have done enough, Senjuro.”

His calm and heartfelt words made something in Senjuro’s heart move, and unknowingly tears started to come out from his eyes.

“Huh? This is… These tears aren’t mine…”

Senjuro panicked and tried to wipe away his tears, but they didn't stop and continued to flow. No matter how much he wiped, the tears wouldn't cease.

At that moment, he felt a warmth from his head, finding Kotaro’s hand on him, patting him. He turned his red eyes filled with tears only to freeze for a moment.

Kotaro was looking at him with a bright smile, making everything around him sunny. Senjuro could see his big brother Kyojuro in his face. That smile seemed to make all around him feel happiness. It exudes some kind of magical energy.

‘Brother…’

“Well done, Senjuro. You did well persevering it all. I am proud of you.”

And the dam with was trying to stand still couldn’t hold anymore and broke.

“Kotaro-nii-san!”

He hugged the bright man in front of me and started to pour out all his tears and worries. All of his sadness, all of his despair, and all his problems.

Kotaro silently continued to listen to Senjuro, occasionally patting him.

‘This morning turned out to be a good one.’

And Kotaro’s smile widened as he enjoyed the atmosphere.

---

You know the drill. For support, go to my [email protected]/cherryblooming. There aren't extra chapters, but don't worry. The page will filled with chapters with frequent updates.

Thank you. And I am sorry for the untimely updates.

9