Prologue
16 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
First things to know before the story starts, the protagonist here is a teenager that they used as a source of DNA and memories. This version isn't the one that has all of the events occurring to them, similar to how SOMA, isn't the original version of the protagonist, although I won't spoil that game by explaining it here. The company in this world, by the start of the story, is already mostly gone besides the building and occurs in the basement of the building similar to how Portal did it. They did use criminal activities similar to how portal did. although it is unlike SOMA these are human clones and are just reused when they die and are reset to the default clone. This is my first attempt from me at a darker world. one protagonist's name was considered because that's my sister's name and I thought because I saw it while researching a name it would be funny when she asks the character's name I tell her that. I took another name after some consideration, so the protagonist's name is Piper. Mostly because it's well-known, but also because it's easy to say and won't get you caught up.

Now that all my personal disclaimers are done so everyone doesn't sit guessing where my inspirations are in the comments. thank you for giving this story a chance. The prologue didn't feel like a place to introduce the protagonist, even though it is her story, instead, it's using a running command prompt to explain why any of this happened. it also felt like a cool way to run as a main menu idea, imagine options have to load in when you choose it!

inside an abandoned building A computer booted up, before booting into a CMD window.1Don't type CMD into a windows search quora search bar, trust me, it is probably out of your league of computer knowledge, just google CMD or command prompt. it is a very cool feature that is in every variant of windows and is actually what runs windows in the background the actual reason your computer even runs slow is because of the GUI (pronounced Gooey). GUI is the screen you see on your monitor/screen and is one of the most resource-intensive parts of your device, which is why most users buy graphic cards because your CPU isn't forced to handle the GUI and runs faster because of it doesn't have to do the calculations required. This is also the reason most laptops are slower than towers, they don't have the space or sometimes the capabilities to support a graphic card.

Canimi Bootable OS [Version 23.1.45.9748]2 Fake command prompt window, there is no "Canimi" OS

 There has been a problem in the booting process, please attempt to access a reference drive by inputting a network drive address.

 Active Admin has expired, Temporary admin "Chirno" is now checking the employee list for the next available administrator.






of 18,357 employees employed, 18344 have expired, 10 are not on the premises and have not moved for /%settimer%/error/would you like to activate the checklog? 

y or n

as there is no active administrator, n has been automatically chosen to speed up the process.

there are 4 remaining on the premises, one is active AI and can not be put in charge of administrative privileges unless all other available employees have either been terminated or have quit.

of the 3 remaining employees, two are unavailable for administrator because of seniority or mental stability, so that leaves 1 employee available.

would you like to end the test the employee is in to allow them access to administrator privileges, y, or n

y

temporary admin "Chirno" is now removed from privileges and will now close, new admin, test subject 16,683, also known as "Piper" will be set as the main administrator.

Due to damages to the new main administrator's body, there has been a call for repair and reinstatement at repair pod 19, its accompanied drone is damaged, and searching for an alternative.




pod 383 is damaged, but the robot is in working order, it will return to pod 19 with the administrator, all processes complete, and "Chirno" will now be closing down.

The computer then ran a loading screen, before closing down.

drone 383 rose up and went to execute its function, and pod 19 lighted up for the first time in decades.

A story left untold will begin, underneath a castle of broken dreams, rotting corpses, and crumbling thrones.

I usually try to keep my video game stories out of my novels, but this one I don't think I'll ever actually create, so there's that. Also, I was hoping to figure out the antagonist while writing it, and because it's just starting, you can suggest names for an antagonist robot if you want.

1