To Be Stronger
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few maids came and took us to a room.

"This is your room, great warrior."

"Great warrior?"

“Sure, you are the one who defeated the mightiest elven warrior and recruited him to your team. Who else can I call a mighty warrior besides you?”

“You are invited to dinner in an hour, the king wishes to speak with you alone.”

I closed the door and went inside.

So great warrior huh... Anyway, I can't stay here long. I have to focus on improving his abilities somehow, and I'm still not sure I'm using all of this power. I should do more research.

An hour later

Man, I know I'm a skeleton, but I'm starting to feel naked with no clothes on. But I guess it's better to be naked than standing in front of the king in a dirty suit.

I entered through a large door with gold inlays, inside only the king, his bodyguards and a few servants. He was sitting at a long table and waiting for me.

“Welcome, great warrior, sit down, please.”

"You too…"

“Haha, I think this name suits you quite well. After all, you defeated my father, the strongest warrior. Anyway, I think you understand that I didn't invite you here to eat."

“Yeah, I'm a skeleton, right? You have a pretty good sense of humor, my king."

“Haha, call me Olphan please.”

“Well, Olphan, why are we here?”

“I was wondering about your next plans.”

“My plans? I think I'll stay here for a while, and think about my future plans. I was also hoping to learn to read and use your library while you're here, and I'd like you to train Darion with your soldiers. You know, to get in shape. I also promised to take revenge on your father, which actually works for me. People took someone important to me from me.”

“It's okay with me to meet these wishes, but are you sure about taking revenge? Because you're going to be alone on this, I don't want to involve my people in this."

"Yes, I am sure."

“Well, is that all you want?”

“Hmm… is there a cemetery here?”

After chatting a little more, one of the king's soldiers escorted me to the cemetery.

"Here you go, great warrior, I'll leave you alone until you're done."

"Yes thank you."

I told a few lies about chatting with my skeleton friends to leave me alone. Yes I know it's such a stupid lie but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

This is a really big cemetery, let's see if I can find strong soldiers.

I wandered around and studied the dead for a while, one new thing I discovered about this power is that if I focused on the souls of the dead, I could see their combat power and class. Earlier I had to resurrect them to do this, but I guess as I get stronger, I gain new abilities. The two strongest I found were two archer elves with a combat strength of 25 and 27.

"Okay, let's do this."

[Resurrect]

Two archer elf skeletons appeared before me. I thought they would come out of their graves, but instead, some sort of black light filter rose from the grave and formed them.

Let's see how strong you two are.

[Skeleton Elf][Level 1]

[Class: Archer]

[Skills: None]

[Battle Spirit:25]

[Power: 3]

[Speed: 5]

[Durability: 4]

[Mana: 3]

[Skeleton Elf][Level 1]

[Class: Archer]

[Skills: None]

[Battle Spirit:27]

[Power: 2]

[Speed: 5]

[Durability: 4]

[Mana: 2]

Why does the one with higher Martial spirit have lower stats? Isn't the martial spirit about empowerment? I guess time will tell what that is. I'll call you 25 and 27 for now, let's get along.

Won't you answer? I can feel you understand me, but I am surprised that you cannot speak. And how does Darion talk? Okay, he doesn't speak very well either, but he can say a few words. Is it because he is stronger than you? If you get stronger, will you be able to speak? There are so many questions to be answered…

Anyway, the number of soldiers I can recruit is still 3 and my skills are still very low. This will be a good place to strengthen myself and my soldiers. I have nothing to do with you for now, hide."

The skeletal soldiers disappeared into black smoke. I walked towards the guard standing at the exit of the cemetery.

"I'm done, guard."

“How was your conversation with the other skeletons, great warrior?”

“It was a pretty good conversation, pretty good.”

We came back with the guard.

“Are there monsters around here that I can kill?”

“Monsters? No, monsters cannot enter here, but there is a dungeon outside the village that our elves have already discovered. I know you're pretty strong, but I wouldn't recommend going there."

"From where?"

“It's a living dungeon, as you know, dungeons are home to stray monsters. But sometimes there are so many monsters in some dungeons that the accumulated irregular mana creates a living dungeon, and the dungeon starts to create its own monsters.”

Irregular mana… I've heard about it, the type of mana used to make what we can call black magic. Because it is very difficult to use, only certain people can use this mana type. The Owner was one of the few who could use this type of mana, now that I have the owner's powers, does that mean I'm using irregular mana too?

“Isn't it normal for monsters to spawn from irregular mana?”

“Of course this is normal, but this dungeon is so big that it consists of several floors and most of the dirty mana is accumulated on the bottom floor.”

“This means…”

“Yes, there must be a dungeon guard there.”

Dungeon guards are very powerful monsters that are created by accumulating too much irregular mana.

“But it will be no problem for you to enter the first floors, great warrior.”

After I finished talking to the guard, I went back to my room.

Yes, first floors shouldn't be a problem for me. Also, this dungeon is a treasure for me, even if I kill monsters constantly, after a while, the dungeon will create new monsters again. I know that using my abilities constantly and killing monsters increases my power, also maybe I can find a way to expand my army. The master had too many soldiers to count. His strength is incomparable to mine. I'll be so strong, even stronger than the owner...

I asked the king for items for myself and my soldiers. He gave me a mage cloak with mana channels on it, it will help me use mana more easily. I bought a good armor for Darion, they didn't give another sword as his sword was already made of the strongest metals that the elven kingdom had. I bought myself a sword too, as I thought it would be a good idea to learn how to use a sword if you weren't like Darion. For the 25 and 27, I bought a pair of bows and arrows. Now we are ready to go to the dungeon.

3