1.07 – Between the lines 1
967 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Between the lines 1

“We shouldn’t forget the old ways. And as far as I’m concerned, this New World can go suck on an egg!”

“There hasn’t been any improvement at all?” The First Man inquired. He pulled his glass closer, too lazy to lift it and instead creating a disruptive grating noise that did not go unnoticed by the Second Man. The latter replied with a knowing look that did go ignored by the former, who simply picked up the glass when it was close enough before politely taking a small sip.

“None.” The Second Man responded, clutching his head in hindrance. “Honestly, at this rate, I don’t know if they’ll ever get better.”

“It’s not like you to give up.”

“I’m not giving up. I just don’t know what else I’m supposed to do.” The Second Man leaned back in his chair, slumping. The First Man flashed a mischievous look.

“There is always Plan-B?”

“No! Absolutely not.”

The two men paused as the waiter made a pit stop to ask how they were doing. “We’re fine. Thank you. Bring us the bill please.” The waiter piled their plates on the serving platter and left quietly. The First Man leaned in over the table and so did the second.

“But it would—"

“No. We’re not doing that.”

The First Man relented, sitting back in their chair normally and pondered at when his friend became such a prude.

“There has to be another way,” the Second Man went on. He sucked out the last droplets of soda from his glass.

“You can’t avoid it forever.”

“I can try.”

“But why though. It is what it is. There’s no shame here.” The First Man paused to suspect his colleague of believing differently now. If that were the case, it would be cause for concern.

“I know, but…”

“But what?!” The First Man hissed with a mild twinge of annoyance in his tone.

“It’s not how it was back when we were young. This is the New World.”

“That makes it even worse.” The First Man finished his drink just in time for the waiter to return with the bill. He fished out his wallet and paid for the meal in cash. He also made sure to leave the waitress a two hundred percent tip.

This is the first part of my new Light Novel “My Life as an Ero-Magi Sucks! All Roads Lead to Perversion!!”. I will be posting updates periodically on here, as well as on my Patreon and WebNovel.

It has been a huge joy to work on this series and I’ve been careful to balance all the elements that make up great Light Novels: Fun, interesting characters, a nice-enough mystery and of course an excellent premise. 

If you can't wait to find out what happens next, you can grab Volume 1 for just $5.99 from

 

17