CHAPTER 6: SUPERMAN’S CLONE
143 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

P.O.V SUPERBOY

One guy with super speed, another dressed as the assistant to the hero known in comics and movies as Batman, and another whom I have no idea who he is but looks like he has the demeanor of a leader. What a strange bunch of guys, although I can't talk much about weirdness when I just sent a more six-foot monster hurtling in the opposite direction of me.

"Lucky Batman isn't here, he'd want my head for taking so long."

"Really? That's all you're worried about right now Robin after tonight the whole league will want to kill us, even Aqualad knows that"

"guys just move, we can't stop."

"and where are we supposed to go, fist boy, you're the one who was here before us."
Shit, I don't know where we're headed, we're just running away...

-TURN TO THE LEFT BROTHER-

Suddenly a voice in my head echoes, I don't have much time to think about what it really is, but if this voice knows where to go I won't stop.

"TO THE LEFT!"

Although I sounded very confident a part of me, doesn't understand what that voice is, the boys follow me without hesitation, can they hear it too?

-TURNS TO THE RIGHT-

"RIGHT!"

Shit dead end, it was a trap, shit I shouldn't have let my guard down, now what will we do will be the end of us.

"what are you trying boy?, I thought you were leading us to an exit, not giving them a chance to catch us"

"no, kid flash, it's a good idea, looks".

I hadn't noticed and at the top of the wall there was a ventilation duct, our only way out, we go up, although we don't have time to cover the grill they are already close, the steps are getting closer, we keep going but a few meters ahead, we hear that the monsters entered the ducts just like us, their steps are very fast, it will be easy if they reach us and more with that unconscious man that Krypto is carrying.
"go ahead, I took care of the internal system of the ducts and also the motion sensor."

The guy who calls himself Robin is quite skilled with all the technology, the noises of the monsters are diverted in another direction, apparently, the guy set a trap for them, and we get out of the ducts all safe.
"finally now I have room to move".

The fast boy ran in the direction of the door that indicated an emergency exit by the stairs. We went inside and began to free the way of some of the monsters that followed us and those who came from the upper floors, when we managed to climb, the fast guy goes ahead and the rest of us are following him, we managed to get out to one of the upper floors.

so it points to one of the walls we are on the -1 floor, but the gates were closed, not even given time to the fastest of all to cross, so much so that due to its speed, crashed into the door.

"There is no exit to the street"

"Thanks, Aqualad my head hadn't noticed."

"Robin is trying to hack the entrance, kid flash are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'll still survive long enough to get to eat a few pizzas."

"I can't hack it fast I need more time."

Quickly we turned around to try to go back, but the monsters had already surrounded us.

Among them comes out a new creature, almost resembling a human, it had a body just like a demon, most of all it is humanoid but it wasn't, it has big horns, it was accompanied by about how many large monsters and those with claws, there were also smaller ones, different from the one I had seen before the mind.
It almost looked like a brood of the others, this one was positioned on the shoulders and horns of many of the monsters.

The horns of the smaller beasts glowed a reddish hue, causing everyone to fall into a sleep, except me, I was weak, but still aware of everything. the horns of that humanoid glowed and just then the voice came again, with soft and peaceful tones.
-Perhaps for the sake of all genomorphs, our brother SUPERBOY should decide for himself.-

-YOU DID IT!

-Yes brother I lit the fire and started the blaze, plus I lured your new friends inside CADMUS so they could find you.

It's amazing I was carrying on a conversation in my mind as if this was an everyday thing.

-You led me, why did you help me?

-Because you are our hope SUPERBOY, the genomorph hero, you will show a way for all of us to freedom, what is your choice brother?

I don't know what to answer, in my previous life I was just an ordinary human, besides I don't understand what you mean by hero, first of all, I don't know what I do in this place, I don't know what this body is and secondly why this creature treats me so kindly, a moment ago they were killing many scientists.

"I understand your indecision brother, you have doubts about what you really are, so I will explain it to you. You are a clone created from the DNA of the greatest hero in history and the most powerful man in a metropolis city, his DNA was fused to create you, you are the success of our experiment"

"..."

"the other clones or as you call them DEFORMED are defects of our research, you are destined to be great and live a life in which you can be whom you decide to be, helping people who need it, bringing a promising future for all of us, but if you decide to stay, they will take control of you, some soldiers and scientists are heading this way"

"but..." 

"there is almost no time left, besides... you still have many doubts to which I have no answer and they are out there, but you are the only one who is free to make that decision, so what is your choice SUPERBOY?"

Superman, heroes, powers, people with strange costumes, monsters or unknown beings with their own intelligence, this world is crazy, it's literally like being inside a cartoon, it's the dream of every superhero lover boy, but why me, why was I chosen to be in this world and why do I have this body, a lot of things are left unresolved, I can't stay here in a facility being a victim of experiments.
"I-I choose freedom"

The horns of the small beasts light up again and the boys who were on the floor come to, and stand up, even the yellow-helmeted man carrying krypto woke up.
"Looks like fog dissipating."

He was the last one to get up out of everyone and they were the only words heard before one of the scientists arrived alone, with some sort of test tube in his left hand.
"I won't let you go that easy, I made a stop at the lab and brought a sample of the blockbuster project, the greatest project designed to even mentalize the power of the common people, This will give me the power to restore order to CADMUS"
The man breaks the container and drinks it, the swift boy threw himself towards him in order to prevent him from drinking it, but it was too late, he stops halfway before reaching the man.

"AHHHHHGGGGG!"

Many horrifying things have happened on the way here but this far surpasses what I've experienced, I guess I'm not the only one surprised due to the fact that the speedy guy still doesn't move from the place where he gave his dry brake.
The man's skin was cracking and emerging under it a much thicker one, his features were disappearing, and not only in his face, but his whole body was also experiencing the same thing, it was almost like watching a snake shed its skin, at the end of this transformation the only thing I heard was a grunt coming from that new being that the scientist became, making my whole body shudder.

9