Chapter 2
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With his new cheats, Felix wished to live his dreams and be able to focus on his passion rather than simply working to make ends meet.

He didn't know for how long will his cheats last. That's why he wanted to make the best use of them.

As such, he started planning his next goal; moving out and living in his own place. Which meant he needed to have enough money to buy a house.

At first, Felix wanted to buy land and move the houses from House Flipper but their design might not match the surroundings, which may generate suspicion. While Felix could repurchase the Sims and build a house from scratch, he wasn't confident in designing a home that fits the surrounding aesthetics.

Even if he could, there's many explaining to do if his house pops out of nowhere.

On the other hand, if he bought a ready-made home, it doesn't matter what the interior was—no one will notice it from the outside if he didn't make the parts visible from the entrance conspicuous.

It might be tricky if he wanted to do some gardening. He was lazy to do it manually, so leaving it clean enough was fine.

The main thing was finding enough money to buy it in the first place. Housing prices have been rising lately. For a spacious enough place fitting his needs, it would take forever despite only used his paycheck for rent.

So he thought again about his hax. House Flipper also used real-life currencies in-game, US dollars. It was also a popular currency to trade globally besides Euro. While it wasn't in physical form, couldn't he put them inside his inventory?

Felix logged on to the game again and tried adding one million dollars from the game to his inventory.

[Transfer error! While the System can transfer money, it doesn't work since the ones in the game isn't physical object. When your game inventory upgrades enough, it will eventually be able to transfer digital money.]

"Sigh..."

He knew that not everything is given on a silver platter.

"When will you be able to transfer it?"

[The System is not sure, as it simply manifest your powers. Only when your inventory leveled up, it can determine your potential.]

"At least there's a silver lining," he thought, "If it's really my abilities, unlike a power that's given to me, I won't risk losing it anytime soon."

Feeling bummed out, he went to his PC and figured something out.

"Wait a minute, did this apartment have good insulation? It might raise suspicions when I tried gaming earlier."

The new PC had exquisite sound system, with bass and treble that fully immersed him.

"Well, if I'm concerned, I can always just use headphones or return to my old speakers."

He tried tuning his favorite song at an average volume, went outside, and closed the door.

"Now that I think about it, while people rarely gone in and out, they could still glance at the interior when I opened the door."

Apparently, he overthought, since the most eye-catching item, his PC, wasn't visible from the entrance. Unless you went inside and went to his bedroom, all you could see was a plain but squeaky clean room.

Even his nice kitchen was hidden.

While his apartment was run-down, the sound insulation was pretty top-notch. Despite increasing the volume to the point it started ringing his ears, it didn't sound like a top-quality sound system when he heard it from outside.

"Alright, time to relax."

Deep down, he wanted to find a good excuse to quit work without suspicion and to comfortably raise enough money.

Realizing his daily job in the cubicle was extremly dull, he decisively picked up his phone and called work.

"Umm...I'd be resigning tomorrow."

"Alright, Mr. Felix. It's nice working with you. Based on the contract, however, you won't receive the salary for the days you worked this month. Is that fine?"

"It's fine."

The human resources person asked for several things like the password to his office computer and where the files are.

Felix pinpointed everything and felt a weight off his shoulders once it was done.

"Phew, it was normal for people to come and go, especially those with no future promotion like me. My role is easily replaceable."

While watching his favorite videos, Felix began to brainstorm his ways.

His ability could make him take almost infinite amounts of 'realistic' items to sell.

If his items were digital, just like the TF2 items he sold, he could use the bot trading to go through it automatically.

As for physical money in games, it's against the law to make a lifelike replica of money, especially if it had the same anti-counterfeit effect.

So his main option was to find a way to sell his items in a low-key manner.

...but after a long while of contemplation, he couldn't find a satisfactory answer.

"At least I could survive for several months if I only have to pay rent. It's a good thing the Landlord never questions the electric meter since the bills were separate for each room."

While he could sell all his old stuff, he still had fond memories of them.

Though it's more that no one would buy them at a respectable price, and Felix didn't feel they deserve to be pawned.

Before all hope was lost, however, Felix realized something.

"I should try Crypto mining!"

He could have tons of PC with top-notch specs and an anonymous internet connection. Not to mention, these computers would not cost any electricity.

After finally managing to find a suitable tutorial, he went to work.

==

Despite jamming all the super PC he could for a 'mining array' it still took him a month to get the equivalent of a million dollars.

While crypto mining wasn't outlawed, it was shady money for his country. Plus, such practices were generally frowned upon due to their environmental issues and how they skyrocketed the prices of GPU worldwide.

At least he wouldn't worry about getting caught since he couldn't even get his own IP Address. He didn't plan on mining forever. Once he could transfer digital money to his game inventory, he would take off.

He directly opened an overseas bank account, where he wouldn't get taxed, and the bank wouldn't question his sources.

The Crypto market was volatile. If not for his zero capital investment, it would be negative profit.

Aside from watching his 'mining array', Felix tried his best to appear as if he had gotten a new job and worked from home.

Eventually, he decided to move outside this town to a rural area. He wanted someplace serene to unwind, where no watchful eyes would scrutinize his daily life.

Biding farewell to the Landlord, he turned his old apartment to the past layout and packed up his old stuff.

He booked the travel towards his destined rural city after thorough research. Perhaps it's his good luck that he also found a seller for a decent house.

Of course, they chatted in text since Felix's youthful voice might be a dead giveaway. Especially since most people his age couldn't afford a house, and even if they did, they would still live with their parents.

"We've been trying to sell this house for years. While it's a nice place, nobody wants to live in this town. Nothing is exciting here..."

"I will transfer the down payment," Felix typed, "You can specify the address, but nowhere too shady. I will transfer the rest if you're honest about its details."

The price of nearly a million dollars was kinda overpriced for this rural area. Though its specifications and place made him think, "This is the one!"

There's a good chance he will get swindled after receiving the down payment. If he reported this case to the police, Felix might also get chained in his dirty money case..

Nevertheless, Felix had one guarantee for himself; his newfound strength after his Game Inventory reached level 1; it allowed him to transfer ordinary food items and consumables with magical properties, such as the food items in RPG games and basic potions.

He found an exploit in the System, which involves a game called the Amazing Cultivation Simulator.

While he didn't exactly love its UI, he enjoyed its gameplay from watching a Youtuber who often begins his videos with, "Hey hey people."

In the game, he went straight to the item maker and created a 'bread' that gives him godly attributes, all-around cultivation talent, and even immunity against divine attacks. In the game, the basic bread changed into the godly hax item which Felix could transfer to real life.

It was totally a leap of faith, which made him become 'invincible' in one go. Taking the bread, he experienced a massive surge of strength without any cons, alongside the ability to control them.

He felt, that even if Gods wanted to kill him, they weren't qualified.

...but that also cost him a part of his humanity and morality. He felt that might make right, and if he wanted to, he could dominate the world with one palm.

However, that was just a last resort. He still wished to live low-key, at his own leisure instead of turning the world upside-down.

Perhaps, due to the coercion of the soul level that disregards distance, the seller didn't dare to try anything.

Felix was an orphan, with no one having close ties to him.

He spent almost twelve hours in the travel. It was quite a relaxing change of pace when he could slowly enjoy the view. While he could instantly traverse long distances with his ability, chances like these didn't come often.

Instead of stopping at the address, Felix dropped off at the general destination before going on foot to pick up the house key. It was done without a hitch.

Instead of taking a taxi, he went to a quiet alley and put his belongings into his game inventory.

Using the movement technique he came up with on his own, he flashed straight into a quiet, but luxurious mansion. That place wasn't cared for well due to weeds and lichens all over.

...but seeing how quiet and peaceful it was, Felix smiled.

"Finally somewhere to do whatever I want."

This chapter made me realize that I love having my MC with a degree of criminal mind.

2