Chapter 3
64 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Felix lay in the king-sized bed in his new mansion. It sure was a long journey with just a few short naps. Not to mention the hours he spent revamping his home and cleaning everything.

Despite the increase in his physical and mental prowess, Felix still needed to feel the joys of a human. While he technically no longer need food, drink or rest to sustain himself, he felt it'd be too much suffering for him.

Instead of getting used to his power, he decides to temporarily seal his abilities through the magical technique he came up with. It would break whenever he faced danger to his life, but aside from that, he's just a bit stronger than his normal self--comparable to an athletic human. He felt a surge of exhaustion, hunger, and thirst throughout his body, though it was heavenly when he quenched it all.

He wanted to gradually accustom himself to the power he was familiar and comfortable with, instead of rising straight to god levels. Although it could limit his strength, it didn't change his own durability. This meant, unless his opponent could deal mortal damage to gods, his seal wouldn't break anytime soon.

His seal also wouldn't restrict the techniques meant to protect others. That way, if anyone he cherished was in danger, it could hold off long enough, as long they were not facing gods. It would also inform him of their whereabouts. He also didn't seal his observation spells, since he was never a fan of being caught off-guard. In addition to several more that he felt were convenient.

Plus, he could instantly apply and break the seal from his continued practice. He's also able to restrain his aura, so an ordinary person wouldn't feel a thing, or even pay attention to him.

While it might be raising suspicion why he's immune to mortal attacks, it's better than risking his death. Even if his strength was finally known to the world, he could put up a decent fight.

"I already did my best. Now it's time to relax and enjoy life."

After a good night's rest, Felix started to think about what he lacked in life.

As an orphan, he had always been alone. Never trying to associate himself with others. Deep down, he's afraid that everyone close to him might be hurt and also become his weakness.

Though he longed for human warmth, he always felt it wasn't necessary since he had more important things to focus on.

...but now, he had time and energy to care for others, to enrich his own life.

Nevertheless, self-care was also important. Plus, he'd rather have others entering his life in a way he prefers. Such as improving his game inventory level to the point he can bring back his favorite game characters.

It was early morning, before daybreak. Felix went outside the mansion and began running at a steady pace around his garden.

"Perhaps I should try gardening next time."

Not simply just moving the plants from House Flipper, but the next moment, he shook his head, "Nah, too lazy."

He wasn't sure if there were people who often passed by this area, but judging from the location, it was in the middle of nowhere. There weren't even actual roads leading to the mansion, only verdant grasses and the canopy of lush trees. It also took several kilometers to actually go to the outskirts of the rural town.

The good thing was when he tried using his observation spells, his place wasn't visible from far away.

He also had a legal deed of the house; the previous owner also had a good record of property tax.

The only issue was the possibly eerie atmosphere at night and lack of safety, though it shouldn't be an issue for him.

Felix went outside his mansion while making sure to apply security measures.

Jogging across the forest, he felt the nice morning air, coupled with the faint scent of dew.

He kept running across the forest, almost circling the perimeter while familiarizing herself, before he saw a hooded figure lying prone on the ground.

It was somehow short and petite and judging from its pale skin and delicate features—a young girl.

Felix approached the figure and felt magical fluctuations from her, plus her long, pointed ears were unlike any human he ever met or seen in real life. Not to mention, her unusual silver hair.

"An elf," Felix almost exclaimed at the girl's beauty. Though it didn't take long for him to snap back and checked the girls' pulse.

"Thank goodness, she's still alive."

It was also warm and her wrists were so soft and silky.

He felt it would be impolite to carry her to his mansion, so instead, he tried using his magical techniques to imbue a small amount of his vitality and restorative energy.

Green aura wafted from his fingertips and poured towards the girl. Perhaps due to his potency, it only took a short while before Felix saw her diamond-like gaze on him.

"Ahh!" the girl stood from her prone position, yelped, and scanned her surroundings, marveling at the quiet scenery adorned by lush trees, "Am I in heaven?" she turned towards Felix, "Are you...God?"

While she didn't even use English or any language from Earth, Felix could still understand her. He also imbued his throat with a spell, so his message would come across.

"I am merely a mortal passing by," Felix smiled, "I came across you lying unconscious while going for a run."

"A mere mortal wouldn't be able to invoke such powerful magic to save me." the Elf gazed at Felix with her eyes lit, "Truth be told, my condition was pretty much a candle in the wind. If you come a moment later, I'm history."

"It's nothing much for me. I didn't expect to save your life that way though. If it's convenient, can you tell me what happened?"

The Elf girl introduced herself as Leticia, the Royal Elven Princess of the High Elf Empire. Her world was engulfed by the onslaught of demons and humanity's ranks were on the brink of destruction.

To save her from peril, her parents sent her away with a forbidden spell. She wasn't even sure if they were alive. Even while traversing the space channel, she had to suffer indescribable pain and felt that her body and soul were torn to pieces with every moment.

It wasn't the desire to take revenge on the Demon King, since she knew she was not strong enough.

She's just really scared of dying.

At an unfortunate moment, Felix came to her when she was dreaming.

Pair of male and female angels guided him toward a light door. On the other side, she could see her parents, relatives, other elves, and many races of humanity smiling at her.

Before she could step through the door, she felt a man's hand pulling her and she regained consciousness thereafter.

Hearing her entire story, Felix began to ponder about his ability's awakening.

It was a month ago when he possessed a miraculous cheat that changed his whole life. Perhaps it's due to the leak of the space channel leading to Earth, he ends up obtaining the Gods' blessing?

It's merely just his speculation, but he didn't hear of anyone on Earth with similar awakenings. Perhaps it's a coincidence that every awakener was low-key?

Though Felix wouldn't believe her story right away. After all, she was so calm and collected despite going through a traumatic event.

What if she's the actual Demon King and wishes to hurt him when he let his guard down?

Though his observation skills didn't detect any trace of evil, which made his thoughts even wilder—what if the Demon King's concealment were stronger than him?

...but then, if she was really the Demon King and had enough strength to hurt him, she'd probably killed him already.

Alas, he's willing to give her the benefit of doubt.

"Leticia, if that's the case, why are you so calm?"

"Because I no longer have to fear the Demon King. With your strength, you definitely can kill him with a thought, if he dares to show himself. Plus, I don't like being sad myself. I'd rather be happy and face the future, instead of dwelling in the past."

Felix thought her views were admirable, but...

"I never said that I will protect you."

He didn't wish to help anyone out of sympathy.

"I don't wish to ask for any favors either, my lord. I only ask if I can serve you in any way, even as a maid--as a reward for saving my life."

"Well..." Felix looked at the expectant petite beauty. While she didn't look like a child, her chest area was a bit modest for his tastes, "First of all, how old are you? I prefer not to have minors working under me."

"I'm one hundred and fifty years this year, milord! I might be young and inexperienced, but I promise I'll do my best!"

Felix had a hard time maintaining his composure. Sure, Elves were a long-lived race, but why did this almost-loli girl be six times his own age?

...but if he forgets what he heard earlier, it'd be as if he had gotten a little sister.

"In terms of my age, you're eighteen years old. We don't have the system of master and servant here. If you're comfortable, just call me big brother."

"Umm...that's a bit..."

"Well, take your time. For now, just follow me to my abode and make yourselves comfortable."

"Y-yes Milord!"

While there were potential threats of the Demon King to Earth, Felix wasn't worried.

No one forced him to become a hero, and there's no indication that there's only him who had such abilities or even ones who could become stronger than his peak.

If a nobody like him could be overpowered, why wouldn't others?

Still, it was a good opportunity for him to live in the pleasant company of others. In his job and social life, he never felt like a human being, but someone merely to fulfill a role.

Be it a tenant, employee, student, or one of the orphanage children.

It's mainly through entertainment media, he knew about love and human warmth.

Felix didn't expect that this girl was his destined love, but at least he'd try to achieve a relationship of mutual understanding with her.

He also looked forward to introducing this world and its wonders to her and perhaps enriching his life with her knowledge of another world.

For a long time, I've been unable to write romance between male and female characters since I don't like them that much. Though, in the end, it doesn't have to be romance or something lewd, but simple affection and care for another human or living being.

1