Chapter 4
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Felix didn't know about the mental resilience of elves. He still found it odd that Leticia could just move on from her trauma; he thought, "Perhaps my ability could also heal emotional wounds?"

Just like many human beings, Felix had his share of painful moments from the past. Though he wasn't able to clarify his emotional self-healing since his depression was mostly gone when he received his cheat.

"Perhaps she might finally let her despair out when she's in a comfortable state."

Since both of them walked fast, it didn't take long to arrive at Felix's mansion.

He expected this elf girl to feel unimpressed by his home since she was an elven princess. There must be much grander estates back in her homeland.

"Such peaceful energy..." Leticia closed her eyes and put her hands together, "While it's sad that mother and father aren't here, my elder brother as well—I will be happy for their sake!"

The elf girl's complexion turned rosy and she hurriedly stepped into the living room; her eyes curiously eyed her surroundings.

Felix twitched a bit at her indifference, though he never had a real family to draw any parallels from.

"I thought you'd be more at loss with your family. Since, well, you're with them together for a long time, probably."

"As I said before, I don't dwell on the past. These are for sentimental humans. Even someone like them would just let go after a few years, give and take. Since we elves live for ages, having long-lasting grief can be extremely painful."

"Still, do you have any other painful memories back then? How do you deal with them?"

She pulled on the hem of Felix's clothes and covered her mouth, "Umm...can I sit on this couch, Milord?"

"Go ahead. You can sit anywhere you want."

Leticia sat down and crossed her legs; propping her chin with two palms; staring absent-mindedly at the ceiling.

"Well...the thing is, I don't remember much anymore. It's been so long since anything memorable happened."

"I guess it's not that important. Well, if you remembered anything new, feel free to tell me."

She nodded at Felix, "As Milord's maid, what can I do? I'm not exactly proficient at cooking and cleaning, but I'll try my best!" she glanced at him curiously, "By the way, Milord, do you have any maid uniform for me? Due to my upbringing, I have none of such clothes in my item space."

Felix thought, if it's item space, she might be proficient in space magic or even have a special physique. No wonder she can survive in such a dangerous world transfer.

"Wait a minute," he went back to his room and booted his PC.

He didn't object to this petite elf following her all the way from curiosity.

Somehow, it made him think that he got a pet cat.

When it comes to nice female clothing, Felix immediately thought about Honey Select, the popular eroge made by Illusion that had a really active modding scene. In addition to extensive character customization, you could have many kinds of outfits.

Felix also remembered that he had created a short and petite character just like her, though she didn't wear a maid uniform, but gym clothes.

"Milord, that girl is so pretty—though her cloth kinda shows a lot of skin. Is she your maid as well?"

Felix shrugged; it wasn't easy for him to explain the nature of an eroge to a girl he just met, especially since he barely had any experience with the opposite sex.

"A maid, huh?"

While Honey Select was able to create one of the most beautiful girls in any 3D eroge, when it comes to gameplay, there are a lot of limitations. Most of his time was spent on creating his favorite waifus, while he hadn't touched the gameplay aspect for a long time.

If he could bring the game character to real life, depending on what his ability provides, what the elf girl said might as well be true.

"Well, it's a long story. But for now, let's say I can pick your clothes with this."

Felix moved the mouse to select the maid uniform, causing the gym clothes to change into a frilly gothic-style outfit. It also gave the petite girl on the screen a different vibe, especially with her smug face.

"Wow, so elegant and cute—she really looks like a doll." Felix was a bit suspicious at this point. Leticia seem a bit too infatuated with his character, so much so that she didn't even comment on how he was able to instantly change the character's clothes.

"Hey, Leticia—do you happen to like girls, by chance?"

"Umm...like wanting to marry them?"

Felix nodded. It's not that he was against girls liking other girls. In fact, he had a fair share of yuri materials on his computer.

"Milord, I'm simply just admiring beauties, since I love pretty things. As for marrying them, I haven't had thoughts about it. How can I have a relationship with someone if I can't even protect them?"

"I guess she's not completely over her grief," Felix sighed in his heart, "Well, you don't have to protect everyone you love. Just do your best and prioritize your own well-being. Haven't you thought, if your future love can shield you from any danger?"

Seeing her vulnerable state, Felix wanted to pat her head, but decide against so since it might be impolite.

"Then, Milord—if my loved one wants to take me away, what will you do?"

Felix paused for a while. Indeed, while he wishes to not constrain this elf girl, he would feel a bit lonely. Especially since it's the first significant social contact he had in a long time.

"If you truly love them, I had no qualms."

While he loves beautiful women, he had no desire to keep them by his side, especially if their heart is in another place.

Felix was a bit lazy to pick one by one, so he taught her how to change the clothes. If there's any set of cloth she likes, she can clone and save the character wearing different clothes to a certain folder. Later, he would try a sample to see whether the size fits, meaning Leticia would feel the most comfortable.

"If you have any questions, just ask. Don't go off on your own since this is a delicate machine."

While it wouldn't hurt much if this girl went and experimented, he didn't want her to screw up the waifus he had designed for hours.

In the meantime, he took a bath and changed into his everyday clothes. He took this time by soaking in a hot tub and stretching his joints.

After he's back, he's satisfied that Leticia didn't go against his wishes, although...

"Milord, I changed the girl's body type that better fits my size. My chest is actually much bigger, I just look thinner with clothes on."

"Alright, let's see..."

Felix only saw a bunch of comfortable looking-clothes that were easy to move on, while there was no underwear at all.

Nothing was risque in the folder.

"Do you have your underwear?"

Leticia nodded; her face slightly blushing.

Felix transferred the clothes, with several sets of maid outfits and a set of clothes of her choice.

Before he could tell her to change, the elf girl waved her hand, and her current clothing was swapped with the outfit.

Instead of making ladylike or maidlike gestures, she performed punching and kicking motions while also making far-off stretches. The cloth didn't show any signs of tearing and her smile lit up.

Felix made a wry smile, thinking, "Is she going to be alright while doing chores?"

He took her to familiarize herself with the mansion. That she can clean and cook meals when she's in the mood. While Felix could instantly sweep this place clean instantly with his inventory and could produce food from his favorite games, he was curious what she could do.

He also gave her a room beside his and gave her one of the computers he used for crypto mining.

"This device is called a computer. You can do so many things with it, but you have to be careful while browsing the internet. Remember to always browse safely and never reveal any personal information..."

His lecture went nearly an hour, but Leticia was still full of enthusiasm.

In the following days, her curiosity for knowledge astounds him. It only take a short time before he had enough of her pestering, he told her to just 'google it' instead, while also telling her to be wary of misinformation. Plus, he didn't expect her to be so good with chores. While she attributed them to magic, the results were still excellent.

Felix's days with Leticia usually went like this:

He would have fun late at night but usually slept around 11 PM.

If Felix still slept in the morning, instead of waking him up, Leticia would just open the curtains while dusting off the room. She'd also bring him a tray of breakfast with desserts while experimenting with different Earth cuisines while incorporating ones from her own world.

If he woke up early, Felix would invite her to a morning run. When he gave her a cap to hide her long ears, she simply used magic to make hers look like a human.

"Hehe, isn't magic convenient? Though I rarely see you use magic, Milord. The last time was when you made my clothes."

"In this world, magic isn't actually the norm. You can see it when you browsed the internet."

"True. Sometimes I think it's better if magic weren't as widespread, so the Demon King wouldn't be born."

"Even if no Demon King exists, there are still many individuals who caused harm for humanity at large, though I wouldn't stop them since they didn't cross me at all."

Felix often thought what would it be, if he decide to end the lives of evil people. With his power, he could teleport anywhere and punish wrongdoers. Nevertheless, it would not curb the root cause. It would only mean endless hassles for him, even if he decided to stay low-key.

"Though it might be nice if I could create overseer-like characters that operate in the shadow and bring justice to the world."

He thought about the Alpha Core from the Star Sector games. It was an Artificial Intelligence that could manage your own territory with the best efficiency. While it's technically forbidden for all civilizations in the game, you can just disregard it and make your own rules.

With it, he wishes to make the Alpha Core a de-facto World Leader that aims to bring the best benefits to the human race without hurting them. While he himself would just stay in the shadows, enjoying life.

"There are concerns of the Alpha Core turning against the player, but perhaps my System could somehow curb it? Like, when they're able to summon powerful characters and ensure their loyalty."

As someone who didn't have a good experience with human communication and relationship, Artificial Intelligence had always been his go-to, for a lot of things.

Though right now, with Leticia, and potentially more other world visitors or his favorite game characters, he began to reconsider his ideals.

Still, while Artificial Intelligence may be devoid of actual emotion, he couldn't deny its practicality and effectiveness.

That aside, Felix would just do his own thing, like enjoying his hobbies, while grinding for his game inventory experience.

He'd also consult with Leticia about his own abilities and open up to her bit by bit. He planned to use her understanding of space magic, or magic in general, to have a firmer grasp of his power.

"If sufficient faith can produce a game world, then what about the faith of a powerful person? Could they manifest their own game world, despite nobody knowing that the game exists? The same could work for the obscure games that I enjoy.

Also, since it's a game world, what would happen if I could directly travel there?"

Felix had a lot of questions in his mind, and before he knew it, another month had passed.

...and his game inventory rose to level 2.

At first, I wanted to make it a romance with them both, but I kinda prefer to make a romance story from the get-go, if that's the case.

1