Chapter 5
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amidst a certain place in the sea of stars, an old man floated atop a ball-shaped vehicle.

He gazed at a peculiar star and chuckled.

"Damn, I guess I have slipped up again. I haven't thoroughly designed his ability that ensures a steady power progression. Now, there are not many beings in who can even scratch him," the old man sighed, "Well, indeed he's a clever lad, and I'm getting too old and senile. I consider it his win and just close one eye."

"However, kid, you're just at the beginning when it comes to utter hopelessness. When you already have boundless power, you wanted to forget who you are and return to my innocent ignorance, but you couldn't."

"I just hope, when I see you handle them, I can discover my lost self. I have lived too long in boredom, and I couldn't even end myself."

"Funny isn't it? Others might call me an omnipotent creator, but I'm just an old fool wanting to die."

"Hahaha..."

==

What comes after reaching Level 2 wasn't quite what Felix had in mind.

He thought it'd be something gradual like being able to transfer abstract items like digital money, which he can use to buy everything he ever wanted.

...but what he heard was a desperate wish from an old man.

That voice, albeit weak, contained the feeling of boundless power, which shocked even him.

"Indeed, there are powerful beings out there," Felix thought, "I could understand why that grandpa felt so bored after experiencing so many things and unable to feel any more excitement, though."

Though the voice didn't explain much to him, it feels like he gained an understanding of his game world, and how he was no longer bound by limits.

"Basically the old man compiled the experiences of gamers and the creators to create a conceptual world, but it wasn't a real world. He didn't want to make them real due to his moral conscience."

He had a glimpse of the multitude of terrible things the old man had done in these worlds, some of which made him think that he was downright despicable. Though all in all, he couldn't say that he's moral.

Felix had his share of being violent and evil in video games, and the old man's basically doing the same thing. After the imaginary world's destroyed or tormented in such ways, the old man could still restore them as if nothing happened.

Nevertheless, it's been countless years since the old man had tried everything and felt completely lost. Until there's a straw of hope in creating an incarnation that will awaken a special ability—him.

He was sure, that he wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last, but why did the old man seem to attach so much importance to him?

"Perhaps since he was a gamer as well?"

Felix wanted to go and ask Leticia about her own insights, but before he could, the elven princess rushed towards his room, all trembling.

"He's coming...Milord, he's getting closer..."

Her maid uniform was all crumpled and she seem to be lacking in sleep.

"Calm down and take deep breaths."

Based on her explanation, it seem to be a nightmare, but it became scarier and more realistic each day.

One day, she couldn't stand it anymore so she went to him.

In this situation, Felix couldn't ask her anything about the game world as usual. In fact, from the last week, she seemed rather frantic.

"Leticia, why don't you ask me to visit your world and settle everything?"

"T-this maid wouldn't dare! Milord doesn't owe me anything at all...how could I..."

Perhaps if it's a month ago, Felix would feel hopeless as well. While he could teleport anywhere on Earth, his ability couldn't let him access other worlds.

...but now, he can access any 'items'. While he couldn't transfer living creatures and any objects with sentience, he could understand what the old man was getting at.

For visiting the other world, he thought about a popular item in the Dragon Quest series, the Chimaera Wing. It allows you to return to any town you have previously visited.

In the game, as long you're in an open area that's not blocked by ceilings or inside dungeons, you can use them to instantly teleport. While in dungeons, you can use the 'Evac' spell or 'Evac-u-bell' item to exit.

"Wait a moment, I have an idea. As long you cooperate, we can visit your world. I might be able to help defeat the Demon King. While I'm not sure if I can defeat him, I am confident of escaping."

He booted up his PC and transferred equipment that guards against crippling status ailments and also the best weapons and armor from his favorite RPG games.

"While I was powerful right now, the Demon King might have an instant death attack. Even if I might be immune to everything he throws, better safe than sorry."

In case the Demon King was invulnerable to most attacks, just like in Sengoku Rance, Felix wanted to transfer the Demonic Sword Chaos or Holy Sword Nikkou, unfortunately--they're sentient weapons.

He stocked up the recovery items, along with a lot of Chimaera Wing and Evac-u-Bells.

"I should learn his known weakness first."

While he couldn't learn skills directly from skill books due to not having an 'RPG Class' he can still transfer items like scrolls and the 'spectacle' item that lets you analyze the opponent and show their weaknesses.

Though, he also went and asked Leticia, which made him frown.

"What do you mean, that you never actually met the Demon King? If so, why do you think I can even defeat him?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Nevermind, I will just do more preparations."

Just in case, he transferred the typewriter from Resident Evil along with the Ink Ribbon. It enabled him to 'Save' without needing any priests or sentient beings to process it.

After 'magically' witnessing the same saving scene in real life, Felix felt as if there was an extra layer of security in him.

While he consciously willed to 'Load Game' he literally went back in time, just at the moment he made his save. Checking himself out, he didn't feel like anything was amiss.

He sighed in relief; at least if he end up failing, he can just reload and try a better strategy.

Still, he also double-checked by asking Leticia a question, reloading it, and asking the same one.

"Turns out, she didn't really remember at all."

If that's the case, it might also be a good thing. If he lost against the Demon King and retried, his opponent wouldn't remember his previous strategy and much easier to catch off-guard.

Satisfied with his preparations, Felix handed several Chimaera Wings to Leticia.

"Using this, we can return to your world and give the Devil an ass-whooping. But if you don't feel like it, I wouldn't force you."

The Elf Girl shook her head, "I'm going. I wanted to see it through. Even if I'm going to die, at least I will have no regrets."

"She's really just putting up a front all this time," Felix thought, "I guess it's true, that no matter how distant, as long they're on good terms, one couldn't help but care about their family."

"Alright, it's settled," he nodded, "Try holding this feather and think about the place you go to."

Felix handed over the necessary equipment, to make sure she wouldn't die, or at least wouldn't die easily. While the Elf Girl thought it was too much, he insisted. While there were revival items and he gave equipment that could auto-revive her, he didn't want to take any chances, even if he could reload.

That was his bottom line.

He also told her to change the maid uniform into his 'usual outfit' as the Elven Princess.

Before going for real, Felix already tested things with Leticia before reloading.

It turns out, that Leticia can only use the item with his permission, and he can opt whether to go with her or not, regardless of the distance between them.

It also worked when Leticia travels to another world and successfully brought him, on the previous timeline, just to get a better preparation. They could easily return to Earth in the same way as well.

Though after reloading, he could no longer teleport directly, despite remembering exactly what it was like, and he literally visited the other world.

"I guess the game mechanics were still in place, too bad."

There were some differences he personally felt, due to not actually experiencing them the first time.

He was calm and his psyche didn't feel much turbulence as both of them rose toward the sky from his garden.

The next moment, he found himself in a quiet Elven City and finally took a closer look. While it was in ruins, the sky was still blue and while there were traces of corrupted miasma, it seem to get thinner as he walked into the city.

"What's going on? Didn't the Demon King destroy this place?" Leticia looked left and right, seeing her citizens mostly in one piece. While there were several injured people, they were in high spirits.

"Ah, Princess! The Princess is back!"

Many Elves immediately surrounded them both. They were curious about Felix, who was armed to the teeth, and why was their Princess clad in armor as well.

Though none of them dared to speak, perhaps it was the mix of Felix's equipment and his powerful aura.

"My people, what's going on lately? What about the Demon King?"

One of the citizens walked in front and gazed at the skies, "That..the Devil is dead! The Hero killed him after they battled in outer space. Now the Hero's party was parading around the world and might visit us in a few days."

Felix didn't ask how long ago was the Demon King defeated, but judging from their parade, a long time might have passed, but not more than a month. Perhaps the Elf King or Queen had the vision to send their princess away when the onslaught reached its peak. Even if there's a good chance of surviving, they would rather send her away.

Though Felix was thinking, "She had a brother right? Is there anything special about her that requires her to be sent away?"

..but before he could continue his thoughts, a burly elf man shrugged, while he was holding a sledgehammer with both arms, "Though it's not like we had much to offer. The once glorious capital is now like this. Glad the world is at peace now."

"Thank...goodness..." Leticia slumped on the ground and was about to break into tears, but she soon remembered her status and wiped her tears.

It didn't take long before a convoy of elite guards marched in front and saluted both Felix and Leticia.

"The Princess is back!" a handsome elf riding a winged horse got off and bowed at them, "We thought you're gone in the other world forever..." he glanced amiably at Felix, "And we thank thee deeply as her benefactor. You will be the most distinguished guest of our Kingdom forever..."

"My pleasure," Felix smiled, "Praise the Hero and his party as well. It all thanks to them that she could have a home to return to."

"Indeed, our highest praise to the Heroes. We're about to toast under their names at night, Mr. Benefactor. Care to join us?"

"Certainly."

Only after he rode on the winged horses, right beside the guard captain, with the princess on the other side—he just realized.

"Man, did I actually just visit another world and meet a large bunch of fantasy race people? Why does it seem so casual? I was about to meet their King and have a party at their castle, unbelievable!"

Still, it was a nice experience for him. He preferred the world at peace better.

Fighting Demon Kings were for the main character, and he didn't really think of himself as one.

Still, he somehow had a bad feeling. Why did Leticia say the Demon King was getting closer? Was it really just a nightmare?

Looking at the cheerful princess once more, it was even unthinkable how she could be hysterical at one point, yet so relaxed right now.

He didn't even see anything troublesome while using his divine sense.

While he kept his cool, he decide to not relax his guard just yet.

I got through my laziness to write and a lot of confusion while discussing my story ideas with ChatGPT.

I wanted to make this a nice attempt, but I wouldn't make it too long since I also want to move on to other stories.

1