389. Contract Establishment
431 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nascent Soul magic treasure?"

Lin Fei took a glance. Within the Martial God Space, magic treasures are mere simulations, and it's challenging to discern their real value.

"I need to see this in person. Where are you? I can come to you," Lin Fei asked.

The other party seemed to have some reservations but then replied, "Let's meet in the Martial God City."

The Martial God City was a neutral location, which was fair since neither party had met nor fully trusted each other.

"Alright, I'll set off immediately," Lin Fei responded.

With that, Lin Fei exited the Martial God Space, transforming into a beam of light, and headed toward the Martial God City. Using his Grand Yin Wind Dao Bloodline, his speed was astonishingly swift. Within a day, he reached the city. The Nascent Soul cultivator arrived on the following day.

The two met in an inn within the city and entered a room specifically designed as a secret chamber. They sat facing each other.

The Nascent Soul expert smiled and said, "This is a magic treasure I refined. Not only does it store a vast amount of thunder, but it can also automatically absorb the celestial thunder, ensuring an endless supply."

Lin Fei examined the magic treasure. Indeed, it was a Nascent Soul-level collection tool, designed exclusively for gathering thunder without any offensive or defensive capabilities. Thunder, after all, had various uses.

With a thought, Lin Fei reached out, and a strand of thunder was summoned, striking him directly. To him, this minor amount of thunder was inconsequential. However, it was genuine thunder with a supreme yang essence.

[Your Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline has absorbed a bit of thunder power, and its cultivation progress increased by 1%.]

A system voice echoed in Lin Fei's mind. His Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline had surprisingly advanced by 1%. Previously, only by integrating thunder-attributed Divine Abilities would the Bloodline progress.

Lin Fei pondered. He realized the reason. The Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline, at its core, was a cultivation technique or a martial art. No matter how mystical it seemed, it remained a martial art that cultivated a bloodline. As long as it's a martial art, it can be cultivated independently. Especially when certain specific conditions are met, rapid progress is possible.

Clearly, the power of thunder is the "special condition" for the Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline. Once satisfied, the Supreme Yang Heavenly Thunder Bloodline can be enhanced. Given this, the Nascent Soulmagic treasure that collects thunder is indeed useful to Lin Fei. He can't afford to miss out on it.

"What do you want in exchange?" Lin Fei inquired, hinting at his interest in the magic treasure.

The Nascent Soul cultivator smiled gently, "I've invested a lot of effort into this magic treasure. I aim to further refine my Nascent Soul Magic Avatar, but I need some special materials for that. These materials can be found on a king-tier exotic beast known as the 'Unicorn King,' specifically, its singular horn. Although I know the location of the Unicorn King, I can't defeat it on my own. Hence, I'd like to invite you to assist me in slaying it. Only after ensuring the defeat of the Unicorn King can I hand over the magic treasure to you. What do you think?"

The other party intended to hunt a king-tier exotic beast to enhance his Nascent Soul Magic Avatar.

"What's the strength level of the Unicorn King?" Lin Fei queried.

"It's comparable to a Martial King with three bloodlines. Moreover, its horn possesses unique abilities, making its certain aspects on par with a mid-stage Martial King!"

Lin Fei pondered. A mid-stage Martial King signifies four bloodlines, which means that the Unicorn King is a potent king-tier exotic beast.

"Even if we join forces, are you confident about defeating the unicorn?" Lin Fei further questioned.

"I'm not sure. Precisely because of this uncertainty, I want to give it a try. To be honest, I've invited three people before you. Two Nascent Soul cultivators and one Martial King, to defeat the Unicorn King together. But none succeeded. So, I just want to try again," the cultivator confessed.

Lin Fei was at a loss for words. While the other party's honesty was commendable, it was a bit too forthcoming. What did this mean? It indicated that he had invited three powerful beings with the lure of the magic treasure, and none succeeded. Was he merely trying his luck?

After all, finding someone interested in his magic treasure and capable of defeating the Unicorn King is a rare combination. He might be just taking a chance, trusting in his abilities to escape should the hunt go awry. With ample time on his hands, he could afford to gamble now and then, hoping that the allure of the magic treasure would eventually draw a formidable Martial King or Nascent Soul cultivator.

"I agree!" declared Lin Fei. "Let's head to the Martial God Alliance and seal our contract."

The Nascent Soul cultivator was overjoyed. Thus, the two of them got up and headed directly to the Martial God Alliance headquarters. Those in the Martial God Space can form contracts at the Martial God Alliance headquarters.

The contract, in reality, does not hold much binding force. The only restriction is that if anyone breaches the contract, they will be expelled from the Martial God Alliance. This isn't a strong deterrent, which is why the Martial God Alliance remains a loose association. The primary purpose of forming a contract is to reveal both parties' true identities to each other.

Throughout Lin Fei's meeting with the Nascent Soul, neither had disclosed their identities. In fact, these identities remained confidential. But once the contract was sealed, both parties would become aware of each other's identities. In a way, knowing the other's true identity acts as a form of security.

Subsequently, at the Martial God Alliance headquarters, the two successfully formed their contract. Likewise, they both learned of each other's identity.

"Hanging Void Taoist Lord?"

"Ancient Origin Saber King?"

Both exchanged knowing smiles.

Through the contract, Lin Fei discovered that the Hanging Void Taoist Lord was the master of Hanging Void Mountain. However, Lin Fei's reputation was undoubtedly grander.

Hanging Void Taoist Lord exclaimed with some surprise, "So, it's the Ancient Origin Saber King! Hahaha, the one who defeated the Taoist Lord Qianhe and slew Martial King Xiao Tianling with a saber! With you on board, we stand a great chance against the Unicorn King."

Hanging Void Taoist Lord was genuinely overjoyed. Lin Fei had recently gained significant acclaim, especially after defeating Martial King Xiao Tianling. It's challenging to defeat a powerful figure, be it a Nascent Soul or a Martial King.

Especially, as the rumors go, the Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei, had manifested the Saber World. Under the cover of the Saber World, it would be challenging for Nascent Souls or Martial Kings to escape. If one's strength was inferior to Lin Fei and they got trapped by the Saber World, they could be worn down until their defeat, regardless of being a Nascent Soul or a Martial King.

"You're too kind, Taoist Lord," Lin Fei responded modestly. "The Unicorn King is a king-tier exotic beast. We'll have to see whether we can defeat it or not."

"Alright, let's not delay any further. Let's depart immediately!" Without any hesitation, the Hanging Void Taoist Lord, along with Lin Fei, left the City of Martial Gods, vanishing into the horizon.

20