393. Give Some Face?
430 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Tuyuan Secret Realm is an ancient secret domain. No one knows how the realm came into being. Some speculate it might be related to ancient times. The secret realms are not limited to just the Tuyuan Secret Realm; there are other realms as well.

However, the Tuyuan Secret Realm stands out as one of the domains for numerous Martial Sovereigns and those at the Golden Core level. Most importantly, it isn't under the control of one or a few powers. Instead, it adopts a relatively fair approach.

Every hundred years, a fixed number of Tuyuan Secret Realm tokens are issued. By the time these are out, whoever obtains the Tuyuan Secret Realm token effectively gains the qualification to enter the realm.

This system, admittedly, isn't entirely fair. The weak, even if they obtain a token, face dire consequences if word gets out. Many have met with tragic fates over the possession of these tokens. Around these tokens, countless plots, killings, and vendettas never seem to end.

For instance, small sects that get hold of a token often get annihilated by larger powers. Yet, the token would still be taken away. The bearer would cultivate diligently, waiting for the right opportunity. Once the Tuyuan Secret Realm opens, they'd enter with the token, see their powers surge, and on exiting, seek revenge against the major forces. Such stories are all too common.

Currently, outside the Tuyuan Secret Realm, the place is packed. Many individuals and powers mingle together. From the Martial King factions, the Nascent Soul lineages, to the Martial Sovereign groups and the Golden Core lineages, all are represented.

Also, some individuals hide their identities, concealing their auras and blending in unnoticed. They likely possess the Tuyuan Secret Realm tokens and await the realm's opening. Most people here wouldn't dare start a fight given the mixed company. Acting out might upset someone, leading to trouble.

However, some might still fish in troubled waters, targeting those with weaker abilities but possessing the Tuyuan Secret Realm token. As long as the realm remains closed, the weak will always be on edge.

"Swoosh."

Suddenly, a streak of light shot from the distant horizon. Following closely, twelve figures appeared. Eleven of them were Martial Sovereigns. Leading them, a figure radiated an aura as bright as the blazing sun.

A Martial King! Without a doubt, the leading figure is a Martial King!

"Swoosh."

For a moment, many eyes turned towards the twelve figures floating in the air. Lin Fei swept his gaze over the crowd below. Many were Martial Sovereigns and Martial Kings, and there were even many Nascent Soul and Golden Core cultivators.

The Tuyuan Secret Realm opens once every hundred years, giving many ample time to prepare. Although the place was crowded with layers of people, the distinction was clear. The closer a force was to the Tuyuan Secret Realm, the stronger it was. Those on the outermost layer mostly did not even have a Martial King or Nascent Soul.

Lin Fei quickly assessed the situation. Leading the Martial Sovereigns of the Ancient Origin Sect, he made his way to the center of the crowd. However, the center was already packed tightly. It was not easy to make room for eleven people.

Moreover, every force had claimed a certain area, and others would not easily step into their claimed territories. All forces were watching coldly from the sidelines. Ordinary people would not easily offend forces they were unfamiliar with. After all, these were forces with Martial Kings or were Nascent Soul lineages. No one truly knew the depths of the others.

However, Lin Fei had no intention of seizing anyone's spot. He glanced at the empty space in the middle and landed directly there, positioning himself in the center.

"Swoosh."

Countless eyes focused on Lin Fei and the other Martial Sovereigns of the Ancient Origin Sect. Under so many gazes, the faces of the eleven Martial Sovereigns of the Ancient Origin Sect turned grim, feeling immense pressure.

"Elder, I fear this spot is where the Tuyuan Secret Realm will open," one remarked. "Is it appropriate for us to dominate this spot?" No other force had claimed this particular spot, but they had done so upon arrival. What would the other forces think?

"Pay it no mind," Lin Fei said calmly. "When the time comes and the realm opens, you can directly enter. If anyone is dissatisfied, they can come find me."

He did not seek trouble with other forces, but that didn't mean others should provoke him. While Lin Fei and his group occupied the center, and many forces watched them closely, with many Martial Kings and Nascent Souls frowning, no one voiced their displeasure or tried to chase them away.

Everyone remained silent. As long as their interests were not compromised, they all held the mindset of avoiding unnecessary trouble. After all, Lin Fei was a Martial King! Who knew the extent of Lin Fei's abilities?

Yet, in the crowd, there were indeed people who knew about Lin Fei's background.

"I know him. He's the Supreme Elder of the Ancient Origin Sect, the Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei! The ones with him are the Martial Sovereigns of the Ancient Origin Sect."

"Ancient Origin Sect? Never heard of it."

"Ancient Origin Saber King, such a domineering title!"

"To be called a Saber King, he must be a master of the saber."

"But the Ancient Origin Sect isn't well-known. It must be a small sect."

For a moment, many started discussing. Many feared the unknown. After all, if you don't know one's background, you'd better be wary. But now that the background of the Ancient Origin Sect and Lin Fei were revealed, many hostile glances swept over Lin Fei and the Ancient Origin Sect.

Lin Fei paid them no mind. They were just looking, after all. Unless there were substantial actions against him, he wouldn't care. However, the one who revealed Lin Fei's identity couldn't be let off.

"Swoosh."

Lin Fei's gaze immediately searched the crowd.

Even the one who initially spoke, a Golden Core cultivator, felt his heart race, his face changing drastically. Clearly, he was locked onto by Lin Fei's gaze. Being targeted by a Martial King made the Golden Core cultivator incredibly anxious.

"Ancestor, save me!"

Now the Golden Core True Person realized the danger. Lin Fei stood up and with a single step, he appeared next to the Golden Core True Person. He looked at him, not recognizing him. But it didn't matter. Whoever revealed his identity, especially under these circumstances, could bring a lot of trouble to both the Ancient Origin Sect and Lin Fei. Lin Fei would not let him go.

"It seems you've realized the consequences of revealing my identity. Die!"

Lin Fei's eyes were icy cold. He flicked his finger.

"Whoosh."

A strand of Triple Yin True Fire shot towards the Golden Core cultivator. Lin Fei didn't even need to invoke his True Martial King Form to deal with a mere Golden Core cultivator. Seeing that cold strand of San Yin True Fire, the Golden Core cultivator turned pale, shouting, "Help! Ancestor, save me, I was wrong..."

"Sigh..." Suddenly, a sigh came from the crowd. "Friend Lin, could you spare him for my sake?"

An unfamiliar voice reached Lin Fei's ears. At the same time, a surge of spiritual power landed on the Triple Yin True Fire.

"Sizzle."

The Triple Yin True Fire was overwhelmed by the spiritual and extinguished instantly.

16