410. Becoming Dao Companions
341 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the chamber, Lin Fei was preparing to cultivate his Annihilation Frost Bloodline. Suddenly, a series of knocks resonated from outside. "Who is it?" Lin Fei asked with a frown.

"It's Elder Feng Jiushang from the Feng family, seeking an audience with Ancient Origin Saber King."

"Feng Jiushang?" Lin Fei didn't recall knowing this person. Besides, as an elder of the Feng family, he'd probably just be at the Martial Sovereign level. Why would he seek out Lin Fei?

Despite his confusion, Lin Fei hadn't started his cultivation yet, so he exited his chamber and met with Feng JiuShang.

At first glance, Feng Jiushang looked old and withered. But appearances can be deceiving. Even a Martial Sovereign has a lifespan of a thousand years, and if they wished not to age, it was quite simple. However, some prefer to undergo natural changes, unconcerned about their appearance.

"Greetings, Ancient Origin Saber King," Feng Jiushang greeted with reverence.

"Elder Feng, what brings you to me?"

"I have a request, one concerning our clan leader and, by extension, the entirety of the Feng family."

"Why doesn't Feng Ling come to speak with me directly?" Lin Fei found it odd, as typically, only someone of Feng Ling's caliber would approach him. The elders were weaker in comparison and existed on a different level than Lin Fei.

"Ancient Origin Saber King, the matter is closely related to the clan leader," Feng Jiushang began. "However, she's currently indisposed, and truth be told, she doesn't know I'm here."

Even more puzzled, Lin Fei directly inquired, "What's this all about? Speak plainly."

"Ancient Origin Saber King, regarding the Peacock King, I'm afraid we need your assistance." Feng JiuShang proceeded to explain everything about the Peacock King to Lin Fei. Once informed, Lin Fei finally understood the gravity of the situation and why Feng JiuShang sought him out.

The Peacock King! Rumored to be a descendant of the phoenix. In this lineage, which included peacocks and then the mighty Dapeng birds, all were considered offspring of the phoenix.

However, one particular exotic beast claimed to be the Peacock King. Its origin was unknown — which phoenix birthed it remained a mystery. But its strength was immense, ranking at the pinnacle of Martial Kings. This Peacock King had a keen sense for the blood of the phoenix and would surely detect anyone possessing it.

The Peacock King wouldn't care about regular Phoenix bloodlines. But once the genuine Phoenix Blood makes an appearance, the Peacock King would surely appear. Feng JiuShang's fear was that the Peacock King might come after Feng Ling.

If Feng Ling is defeated or injured, it could jeopardize her attempt to become one of the Martial Gods. This would be a huge loss. Therefore, if the Peacock King truly appears, Feng JiuShang hoped Lin Fei could assist.

Lin Fei was silent for a long time before he finally asked, "Elder Feng, what do I get in return for dealing with the Peacock King?"

"The reason Feng Ling hasn't come herself is likely that she knows that our Feng family no longer has anything that might interest you. Dealing with a peak king-level exotic beast like the Peacock King is riskier than dealing with the phoenix. What can the Feng family offer in exchange?"

Lin Fei fixed his gaze on Feng Jiushang. While phoenixes were trapped in mysterious realms and could not be escaped from, the Peacock King was a king-level beast that wasn't confined. Challenging it was extremely difficult, and even top-tier Martial Kings wouldn't confidently say they could defeat it. Lin Fei wouldn't risk his life to help the Feng family without a good reason.

Feng Jiushang remained silent for a while and then clenched his teeth, "To be honest, our Feng family currently doesn't have anything valuable enough for a trade with the Ancient Origin Saber King. However, I can share a secret concerning our family, or more specifically, about our clan leader."

"Hmm? What secret?"

"Our clan leader is a top-tier Martial King with the bloodline of the phoenix. If someone at the Martial King level becomes her Dao companion, they can receive an opportunity for rebirth through fire. This means they can be fully restored, even from complete annihilation!

If timed well, this could be utilized during the attempt to ascend to Martial Gods. Essentially, it allows for two attempts to become a Martial God. Even if the first attempt fails, one can be reborn without any injuries, plus they'd gain invaluable experience.

If the Ancient Origin Saber King agrees to help us against the Peacock King, I promise to do everything in my power to make you the Dao companion of our clan leader. Together, you both can ascend to Martial Gods!

While you are incredibly talented, so is our clan leader. She's a top-tier Martial King, ready to ascend to Martial Gods. How many of her caliber exist in the Ancient Continent? Such a union would benefit the Feng family, the Ancient Origin Sect, both you and our clan leader!"

Feng Jiushang's voice grew more passionate as he spoke. In truth, he had been harboring this idea for some time, having recognized Lin Fei's potential. The Ancient Origin Saber King, who single-handedly decimated the Vast Void Immortal Sect, killed top-tier Martial Sovereigns, and even mastered the Saber World, has limitless potential. He may even have a greater potential to ascend to Martial Gods compared to Feng Ling!

"Dao companion?"

Even the usually unshakeable and calm Lin Fei couldn't help but be taken aback upon hearing Feng Jiushang's proposal.

It was not that the Feng family possessed this power, but that it was a latent ability within their bloodline. More surprisingly, it could only be used once by the Dao companion during their joint cultivation, and not by the Phoenix bloodline bearers themselves.

Even if it was just one chance, Lin Fei believed that if this information were to be made public, numerous top-tier Martial Kings would be knocking on the Feng family's door, especially those who saw the potential of advancing to Martial Gods. Many would wish to be the Dao companion to the Feng Ling. However, the Feng family had guarded this secret closely until now.

The Feng family was in trouble, and it appeared that Feng Ling alone might not be able to resolve it. That's why Feng Jiushang had chosen to reveal this secret to Lin Fei.

"Senior Feng," Lin Fei responded, "since this involves Feng Ling, it should be her decision to make. As for the Peacock King, if he really comes, since I'm here at the Feng residence, I won't stand idly by."

Feng Jiushang was elated inside. While Lin Fei hadn't directly agreed, he hadn't declined either. Feng Jiushang sensed Lin Fei's implied meaning. As long as Lin Fei was willing to confront the Peacock King, it was enough for him.

"Rest assured, Ancient Origin Saber King," Feng Jiushang assured. "I will convey this matter to our clan leader." With that, he turned and left, leaving Lin Fei alone in the chamber.

"Phoenix rebirth..." Lin Fei murmured to himself. Such a skill was against the heavens. If one could be reborn from ashes without any damage, it would indeed be a significant boost for him to achieve the status of Martial Gods. The effect might even surpass the benefits gained from cultivating multiple bloodlines.

Looking across the vast Ancient Continent, there were numerous top-tier Martial Kings. However, how many among them had achieved the status of Martial Gods? All of them had the qualifications, yet they all failed. It was evidence that achieving Martial Gods status wasn't merely about possessing nine bloodlines.

If he could increase his chances of becoming a Martial God, it would be ideal. But first, Lin Fei needed to cultivate the nine bloodlines.

With that thought in mind, Lin Fei returned to his chamber, ready to merge with the three hundred and eighteen ice attribute Divine Abilities.

17