413. Lin Fei Appears, Battling the Peacock
335 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Heh heh, don't think that just by consuming the true Phoenix blood, you can become a Martial God. It's not that easy!"

The Peacock King suddenly spread its massive wings. eclipsing the sun and sky. Then, with a powerful flap toward the Feng Ling.

"Whooosh..."

A fierce wind arose. The howling gale swept across, engulfing the entire Feng family residence in an instant.

"Hmph."

Feng Ling wouldn't let the Peacock King have its way.

"True Martial King Form!"

She instantly invoked the True Martial King Form. Her entire being was filled with raging flames. The fire of the Phoenix! This was the genuine fire of the Phoenix! Especially after fusing with the true Phoenix blood.

The Phoenix Fire lived up to its name, possessing immense power. Against the Phoenix, this fire might not have much effect, but the Peacock King wasn't a Phoenix.

Even if the Peacock King was a descendant of the Phoenix lineage, it didn't inherit the Phoenix fire. Thus, as the Feng Ling released the overpowering Phoenix fire, the air seemed to scorch.

Massive amounts of Phoenix fire in the void formed a vast fiery barrier, enveloping the Peacock King within. Moreover, the flames were quickly contracting, attempting to reduce the Peacock King to ashes.

"What a Phoenix fire!"

The Peacock King's eyes were cold. It was originally the child of the Phoenix. But now? Now it's being threatened by the Phoenix's own fire. The worst part was, it was indeed a threat.

"Hum."

The Peacock King spread its tail, and suddenly, a seven-colored light pierced through the burning Phoenix fire. Even the Phoenix fire, under that multicolored glow, disappeared without a trace.

"What is..."

For the first time, Feng Ling encountered such a situation. The tail of the Peacock King overshadowed the heavens, like a vast umbrella, emitting a magnificent seven-colored divine light. And the Phoenix fire just disappeared? However, Feng Ling had more than just the Phoenix fire.

"Sword Bloodline!"

Feng Ling seemed to transform into a sword. Subsequently, a massive sword appeared in the void, overshadowing everything.

"Whoosh."

With a swing, the sword cleaved through the void, heading straight for the Peacock King.

"Child's play."

The Peacock King snorted coldly, disdainful of the sword's radiance.

Next, several feathers from the Peacock King flew out, positioning themselves right in front of the incoming sword light.

"Bang!"

It was just a few feathers, yet they instantly blocked Feng Ling's sword radiance. And it didn't stop there. Feathers rapidly shed from the Peacock King, one after another, flying directly towards the Feng Ling. Each feather seemed to shimmer with a seven-colored divine light, appearing capable of breaking through anything.

"Swoosh swoosh swoosh."

Feng Ling's complexion paled. Her nine bloodlines, all erupted at once. For a moment, flames, gales, sword radiance, and so on, burst out wildly.

However, the seven-colored tail of the Peacock King was simply too powerful. With a flash of its seven-colored radiance, all the attacks were absorbed into its tail, posing no threat to the Peacock King.

Instead, feather by feather, Feng Ling was trapped within them. They seemed to have a binding effect. Moreover, the confinement area was continuously shrinking.

As the confinement area shrank, it was only a matter of time before the Feng Ling would be captured by the Peacock King.

The members of the Feng family below also perceived the dire situation of the Feng Ling. This was really bad!

Feng Ling was a top-tier Martial King. However, against the Peacock King, a top-tier king-level exotic beast, the child of the Phoenix, the gap was evidently large.

Between the peaks, there also existed vast chasms and disparities. Among the top-tier Martial Kings, Feng Ling's strength was merely average. She mainly relied on her Phoenix fire, which was considerably threatening.

But once someone could resist the Phoenix fire, Feng Ling was just average. Her other bloodlines were also average. Of course, this didn't prevent her from becoming a Martial God, but it did affect her combat prowess!

The current Feng Ling simply wasn't a match for the Peacock King, Even her situation was perilous!

"Peacock Domain, gather!"

With a slight tug from the Peacock King, the Peacock Domain rapidly shrank. The pressure on the Feng Ling increased. In the end, she was directly suppressed by the Peacock King's domain. No matter how fiercely the Phoenix fire blazed, it was of no avail.

"Heh heh, got you! You refused to hand over the true Phoenix blood, that's fine. I'll refine you, and then the true Phoenix blood within you will naturally be mine!"

A hint of eagerness flashed in the Peacock King's eyes. He was finally about to acquire the true Phoenix blood. Once he had the true Phoenix blood, he could discover the whereabouts of the Phoenix. When he encounters the Phoenix, he has the chance to further purify his bloodline, achieving the status of a mythic exotic beast! For an exotic beast, above the king level, it's the realm of legend!

However, this step is immensely difficult. From the level of a king to that of a legend, it's a quantum leap! To achieve the legendary level, the Peacock King is willing to pay any price.

"Heavenly Saber, Slash!"

Just as the Peacock King was about to capture Feng Ling, suddenly, a cold voice echoed. Following this, a saber appeared in the void, one that hung across the void, emanating an endless fierce aura.

"Boom!"

The next moment, the saber struck down, slashing hard on the Peacock King's domain.

"Crack!"

The domain of the Peacock King shattered instantly. Not only did this saber possess a sharp blade, but it also was enkindled with fire.

The cold fire!

It was the Triple Yin True Fire. Silently, it burned everything in its path. Furthermore, not just fire, it also had thunder! Thunder sparkled, true fire scorched, and combined with the fierce blade, their combined force was insurmountable. They created an opening in the Peacock King's domain, and the Feng Ling escaped in an instant.

"Who dares to sabotage me?"

The Peacock King's eyes were sharp, exuding an aura of menace. He was furious. He was on the verge of capturing the Feng Ling when someone intervened and even broke his domain, saving the Feng Ling. How could the Peacock King not be angry?

Seeing the Heavenly Saber, Feng Ling's expression shifted, and her gaze turned complex, mixed with a hint of anticipation. The members of the Feng family below also recognized the saber. In the entire Feng family, there was only one person capable of facing the Peacock King.

Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei!

"So, he finally made his move!"

Joy filled Feng Jiushang's heart. Lin Fei had finally acted, validating Feng Jiushang's previous assurances. Their family would be saved. Feng Ling would be saved. There might even be unexpected benefits!

From below, a figure slowly ascended. With each step Lin Fei took, it was as if he was stepping on invisible stairs in the void. Eventually, he reached the Peacock King and confronted him.

With a somewhat complex expression, Feng Ling murmured, "Friend Lin, I didn't expect to trouble you again. I owe you my life once more."

Feng Ling knew that without Lin Fei, she might have been captured by the Peacock King. And she knew too well the fate that awaited her after being captured – almost certain death.

Lin Fei glanced at Feng Ling and nodded slightly, calmly stating, "Feng Ling, you are too polite. Since I am in the Feng family, I won't just stand by and do nothing. Moreover, if we're talking about the True Phoenix Blood, I possess it too."

Lin Fei's gaze swiftly met that of the Peacock King.

"Whiz."

The Peacock King also looked at Lin Fei. "True Phoenix Blood, yes, you also have the True Phoenix Blood within you. Damn it! Both of you have obtained the True Phoenix Blood! You both must die!"

The Peacock King's voice was sharp and piercing, echoing through the void. This was the main reason Lin Fei intervened. Lin Fei's body contains the True Phoenix Blood, which the Peacock King could sense. Once the Peacock King dealt with Feng Ling, he would surely detect the True Phoenix Blood in Lin Fei. So, Lin Fei decided it was better to deal with the Peacock King now rather than later.

18