424. The Descent upon Three Immortals City
295 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Three Immortals Sect, though named "Three Immortals," truly refers to three Nascent Soul cultivators.

The ultimate goal of the Immortal Dao was ascension. Only through ascension could one achieve eternal vision, truly basking in boundless freedom and serenity.

However, the Three Immortals of the Three Immortals Sect were not truly immortals. They were three Nascent Soul cultivators. Their origins were shrouded in mystery. Yet, united, they founded the Three Immortals Sect. Though it boasted a mere few millennia of history,

With the support of the Three Immortals, each an apex Nascent Soul Ascendant, The Three Immortals Sect became renowned.

Expanding ceaselessly, the Three Immortals Sect encountered no adversity. Even the Vast Void Immortal Sect paled in comparison before them.

After all, the might of three apex Nascent Soul Ascendants was profoundly intimidating. Thus, the present-day Three Immortals Sect had grown colossal. Many of its disciples became arrogant and domineering, wielding unrestrained power across the ancient continent. This led to a decline in the Sect's reputation.

Yet, the Three Immortals seemed indifferent to fame. For the Three Immortals themselves bore tarnished names. Even a paragon of virtue like Taoist Lord Tai Su had his Nascent Soul magical artifact "borrowed" by force by the Three Immortals. One could imagine their customary dominance.

With a swish, Lin Fei arrived outside the Three Immortals City. The Three Immortals Sect was not perched upon a mountain peak. Instead, they established the Three Immortals City, which was quite "down-to-earth."

However, at a glance, Lin Fei discerned chaos. All sorts of characters, imposters among genuine ones, a mixture of dragons and snakes, lurked within the confines of the Three Immortals City.

The Three Immortals Sect turned a blind eye. To be precise, the Three Immortals ignored it all. They seemed solely focused on their cultivation.

In fact, they had no specific plans for the Three Immortals Sect. They used the Sect merely as a tool to amass various treasures, aiding their cultivation. Their ambition lay in achieving Deity Transformation.

From this perspective, the Three Immortals indeed had great ambitions. Many Nascent Soul cultivators, in reality, upon reaching the Nascent Soul stage, no longer harbored the ambition to advance further.

Everyone knew achieving Deity Transformation was arduous. How could one easily aspire to Deity Transformation? Better to live freely for ten thousand years.

Yet, while the Three Immortals were indeed domineering, They possessed a fervent spirit, aiming for Deity Transformation.

Lin Fei noticed that outside the Three Immortals City, many cultivators ceased flying. Instead, they walked into the city. Evidently, this was the rule of Three Immortals City. No flying was permitted above the city. No one dared defy the city's regulations.

However, Lin Fei wasn't in the Three Immortals City to seek opportunities or join the Three Immortals Sect. He was there to "retrieve" an item.

And so, Lin Fei stood, hands behind his back, Step by step, he slowly approached the Three Immortals City. He didn't walk on the ground, but through the void, right above the Three Immortals City.

For a moment, many took notice of Lin Fei, hovering above the city.

"Heh, some fool dares to breach the customs, flying brazenly over the expanse of the Three Immortals City?"

"That man is doomed! The laws of the Three Immortals City are stringent. Those who dare to soar its skies are sentenced to death on sight!"

"Indeed, whence does this audacious one hail? Is he not aware that even a Nascent Soul Great Being would be executed for flying over this city?"

"Perhaps he's journeyed from distant lands, utterly ignorant of the city's ordinances."

Throughout the Three Immortals City, murmurs and discussions arose. Yet, none stepped forth to caution him. Instead, they watched with anticipatory glee.

"How dare you! Those who trespass the Three Immortals City shall meet an unforgiving end!"

At that moment, a contingent of Golden Core True Persons swiftly emerged from the heart of the city. They were the enforcers of the Three Immortals Sect.

Lin Fei's eyes turned icy.

"Boom."

A radiant white aura erupted from Lin Fei in an instant.

The Saber World!

Lin Fei summoned the Saber World without hesitation. The moment it manifested, it enveloped the entirety of the Three Immortals City.

Within the Saber World, Lin Fei reigned as the omnipotent sovereign! Hence, those Golden Core True Persons, barely airborne, found themselves paralyzed in mid-flight as if ensnared by unseen chains.

Within the city were seasoned cultivators with vast experience. The encompassing white radiance hinted at isolation from the outer realm.

They quickly pieced together the puzzle.

"It's the Saber World!"

"Such a formidable Saber World; could it be the perfect Saber World?"

"Within the Saber World, a mere whim of its master would spell our doom."

"Is this not some rule-breaking cultivator, but a peerless Martial King?"

"Is he challenging the Three Immortals Sect?"

For a moment, many turned ashen-faced, gripped by panic. Yet, within the Saber World, they dared not twitch. They wouldn't even consider attacking the Saber World, fearful of misunderstanding by its lord. A mere thought and their lives would be extinguished.

"Hmm? Who dares to stir trouble in the Three Immortals City?"

Then, three figures ascended from a secret chamber within the city, hovering in the void. The Three Immortals of the Three Immortals Sect, all were top-tier Nascent Soul Great Beings!

At that moment, they confronted Lin Fei from a distance.

"Saber World? Of late, in the Ancient Continent, a formidable Martial King has risen. Commander of the Saber World, slayer of the Peacock King, annihilator of the Vast Void Immortal Sect, and joined forces with the Phoenix Spirit King. You must be the renowned Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei?"

One of the top-tier Nascent Soul Great Beings slowly intoned.

"It is I, Lin Fei."

He neither evaded nor hid. By now, his reputation had grown vast, echoing across the entire Ancient Continent. That the Three Immortals recognized him was no great matter.

"Lin, my daoist fellow," one of them began, his voice glacial, "You come to the Three Immortals City, immediately unleashing the Saber World. What business do you have here, coming with such an overwhelming presence?"

Lin Fei responded evenly, "Simple. I am here on someone's behalf to retrieve the Vajra Chain. It's been quite a while since you've borrowed the Vajra Chain from Taoist Lord Tai Su. Isn't it time you return it?"

The mention of the "Vajra Chain" caused a subtle shift in the expressions of the Three Immortals. They remembered it well. They had forcefully "borrowed" it from Taoist Lord Tai Su and had no intentions of ever giving it back.

While Taoist Lord Tai Su had many allies, who would dare risk offending the Three Immortals? After all, these beings were among the pinnacle of Nascent Soul Great Beings. However, they hadn't expected that Taoist Lord Tai Su would engage the services of the Ancient Origin Saber King, Lin Fei.

Lin Fei had vanquished the Peacock King, eradicated the Vast Void Immortal Sect, and more crucially, his strength rivaled that of top-tier Martial Kings. Furthermore, Lin Fei's partner, Feng Ling, was also a Martial King of the same caliber. Essentially, they represented the combined force of two top-tier Martial Kings.

Even if the Three Immortals combined their powers, it remained uncertain whether they could suppress both Lin Fei and the Phoenix Spirit King.

The countenance of the Three Immortals darkened. One of them, his voice deep and resonant, remarked, "Lin Fei, it's true that we borrowed the Vajra Chain from Taoist Lord Tai Su. But how does this concern you? Do you truly wish to interfere in this matter?"

Instead of giving in, the Three Immortals turned the tables and began to question Lin Fei's intentions.

Lin Fei, unwavering, responded, "I currently hold the title of Honorary Elder at the Tai Su Treasure Pavilion. Their matters are mine. This affair? I'll handle it."

His gaze steady, Lin Fei stared directly at the Three Immortals, exuding an aura of unyielding authority. Both parties were forceful in their own right. For a moment, none spoke, and the atmosphere grew increasingly tense.

15