11. Escorting Goods
5k 11 160
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning, a large number of carriages gathered outside the Lin residence. Each carriage was filled with goods. This was the Lin family's caravan.

Many burly escorts were responsible for transporting the goods.

This time, the convoy was led by Lin Fei. Additionally, Bai Ying and Tie Shan, two powerful Body Refining fourth-level experts, were in the group.

The lineup was actually not weaker than when Old Master Bai was in charge. In fact, it was even stronger!

However, no one was certain of success. After all, Old Master Bai had relied on his reputation built over decades, not just his strength.

"Second Brother, if anything goes wrong during this journey, prioritize your life. As long as we're still alive, our Lin family has hope. Don't risk your life for the goods," Lin Wen, the eldest brother, said with a heavy heart.

"Don't worry, Big Brother. I understand," Lin Fei nodded.

That was what he said. But in reality? This trip was almost the Lin family's last resort.

The goods in the caravan were worth a hundred thousand taels. They were to be transported to Su City, the most prosperous city three hundred miles away.

If anything went wrong during this trip, it would be more than just a major blow to the Lin family. They could almost declare bankruptcy. Thus, Lin Fei was more aware than anyone of the importance of this trip.

Moreover, his main goal was not just to deliver the goods. He also wanted to establish a trade route. So that the Lin family's caravan could travel unimpeded in the future. That was the most important thing.

"Set off!" Lin Fei mounted his horse.

And so, the convoy, with the escort flag raised, slowly left Zhou Mountain Mansion City.

With the Lin family causing such a commotion, other families and powers in Zhou Mountain Mansion City were also watching closely in secret.

Lin Fei being a disciple of the Nine Profound Sect was no secret. But they didn't hold high hopes for him.

Just a single outer disciple of the Nine Profound Sect, wanting to clear the path and establish a trade route, seemed to be underestimating the bandits.

Lin Fei, leading the caravan, had already left Zhou Mountain Mansion City. He was still thinking about the Nine Shadow Saber Technique.

Yesterday, he had sparred with Bai Ying, but there was still no progress with the Nine Shadow Saber Technique. Not even a little improvement.

It was different from the Dragon-Elephant Vajra Fist. Sparring couldn't enhance his progress either.

Lin Fei even hesitated. Should he switch to another saber technique after returning to the Nine Profound Sect? This Nine Shadow Saber Technique was just too strange and difficult to master.

After traveling for half a day, the caravan arrived at the foot of a mountain.

Bai Ying spurred her horse forward and whispered, "Young Master, that mountain ahead is called Nine Rings Mountain. It consists of nine connected mountains. There are nine mountains and eighteen strongholds, with countless bandits. With such a large caravan, we might encounter trouble if we pass below Nine Rings Mountain."

Lin Fei raised an eyebrow, "How did Old Master Bai manage to pass when he escorted the caravan before?"

"In his early years, my father saved the life of a bandit leader on Nine Rings Mountain. As a result, as long as my father escorted the caravan through here, we could pass by paying a small toll.

But since my father fell ill and couldn't escort the caravan anymore, the bandits of Nine Rings Mountain no longer gave us face. They either demanded several times the toll or outright robbed us."

Lin Fei understood. These bandits on Nine Rings Mountain were the first hurdle the Lin family caravan had to overcome.

The caravan slowly approached the foot of Nine Rings Mountain.

With a rustle, a large number of ragged bandits emerged from the dense bushes at the foot of the mountain.

These bandits were thin and pale. It was more accurate to call them refugees than bandits.

In fact, most of these bandits were indeed refugees. They were forced to become bandits out of desperation. However, among them were a few burly, fierce-looking true bandits.

One brawny man with iron rings in his ears stepped forward, sneering, "If the caravan wants to pass through Nine Rings Mountain, leave a toll."

"We are from the Bai family's escort agency. Could the leader perhaps show some leniency?"

Bai Ying stepped forward and introduced herself.

"Hahaha, we can show some leniency. Pretty lady, if you stay behind and give us ten thousand taels of silver, you can go."

"Shameless!"

Bai Ying's face turned cold.

The other bandits burst into laughter.

"Ten thousand taels..."

Lin Fei's eyes turned cold. There were a hundred thousand taels worth of goods this time. But the profit wouldn't be a hundred thousand taels.

Now they wanted ten thousand taels right away. And this was just the first stop. There were countless other bandits ahead.

How could they afford it?

Lin Fei had thought of countless possibilities before. He wanted to consider the bigger picture. Or negotiate with the bandits and leave some silver behind.

However, it seemed now that it was useless. The Bai family's banner no longer had any deterrent effect.

"Since this is a matter of the martial world, let's follow its rules! If you can win against my saber, you can have whatever you want."

Lin Fei dismounted and stepped forward, standing in front of Bai Ying.

"You arrogant kid, I'll grant your wish!"

The burly bandit wielded a large saber, looking strong and powerful. With a whoosh, the bandit charged directly at Lin Fei.

His momentum was not weak. Judging by his appearance, he should have the strength of around the third level of Body Refining.

In the next moment, two white streaks of light flashed from Lin Fei.

These were two shadows.

No one could even see how Lin Fei had drawn his saber.

With a heavy thud, Lin Fei's powerful saber strike landed on the bandit's saber.

And with that, both the man and his saber were cut in half.

With a thud, the burly bandit fell to the ground.

His body was now in two pieces.

160