Chapter 126
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{The next day, the training field}

"Alright Ichika, this time try angling your path inwards."

"Huh?"

Tatenashi and Ichika were back at it again, on the training field. He kept trying the exact same thing over and over again but he always seems to miss the balloon, always going either too far left or too far right

"You don't seem to be able to get the angle just right. So this time, immediately try to adjust your path towards the target."

"Ehhh, sure....." 

Ichika immediately got back into rondo formation and continued to maintain a stable orbit while charging his ignition boost.

"Alright, hit!" As Tatenashi called out Ichika shot forward, he was slightly off to the right, but he tried to adjust his path while maintaining his momentum and stuck out his sword to the balloon.

*pop*

And he managed to get it.

"You got it!" Tatenashi cheered.

"Phew..... Finally."

"Alright, now lets start the real training!"

"HUH!?"

"Oh come on Ichika, did you really think it was going this easy?" Tatenashi asked sarcastically.

"But-"

"Ichika, everyone knows you have a sword so that's why they are going to expect it."

"Then why-"

"Ichika, from now on you are going to be using your particle cannon to do it."

"Huh?"

"Ichika, everyone knows about the Yukihira, so that's why you are going to focus on the particle cannon. You are going to charge up your particle cannon while keeping your sword visible, then right as they are expecting a sword slash you are going to hit them with a close range shot." Tatenashi reasoned.

"Hmmmmm...." Rather than complain however, the idea send Ichika deep into contemplation.

"Ichika, don't bother trying to think-"

"Hush woman, I'm thinking." Ichika cut her off, uncharacteristically.

"Huh?" Leaving Tatenashi bewildered.

"....."

"....."

"....."

"You know, I might just have an idea." After a few moments of thought, Ichika said with a smirk.

"Oh really, do tell." Tatenashi could sense he thought of something clever, so she decided to hear him out.



{The same evening, the dining hall}

"Ugh, that was hell." Ichika complained to himself as he slouched over the dining table. Tatenashi had been so impressed by his idea that she made him practice for so long that he ended up missing dinner. But Ichika was to tired to leave the cafeteria.

"Here Ichika, I save you some food." Houki said while sitting next to Ichika, while sliding a tray infront of him.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." Ichika replied, to tired to even lift his face.

"Ichika." Charlotte called out from the other seat next to Ichika. "Here, if you can't eat then at least drink some tea."

"Thanks, Charles, your a life saver."

The girls had all been really worried about him later so every day, they all waited at the cafeteria for him until he showed up. That included staying behind even after the cafetria had already closed.

"Ichika, you should really learn to say no to that woman. If you just let her do whatever she wants with you then this will only be the beginning." Cecilia reasoned.

"Can't, she already got my sister's permission." Ichika complained.

"ICHIKA! you can't just-"

"Nuh-uh, nuh-uh." Rin cut Cecilia off while making the cut off gesture

"But!"

"Nuh-uh, nuh-uh."

"Cecilia, let it go, for all our sakes." Houki supported Rin.

Houki and Rin were very much aware of Chifuyu's habits. Chifuyu giving permission to someone to make Ichika do something is her way of saying 'Do it before I come down there and make you do it myself.' And the latter option has always proved itself to be worse, much worse.

"And then what about the blue haired floozy herself?" Laura asked, in a complaining tone and with her arms folded.

"She said that she had some student council stuff to do." Ichika replied

"You know Ichika? When I see a boy do his best I think its a wonderful thing." Charlotte stated

"But that doesn't mean she should be so hard on him." Rin complained.

"Hey, if you want to do something to her, be my guest." Houki replied.

"Ugh...." They were all very much aware of what she was putting Ichika through and they all tried to stop her in their own way, but they were mercilessly beaten down each time.

"Well, you will be safe now Ichika, you can rest easy." Cecilia tried to comfort Ichika.

"You haven't heard?" Houki asked.

"What?"

"She forced her way into becoming his room mate."

*Gasp* "That is unacceptable!"

"It is what it is."

"Ichika, come join me in my chambers at once!"

""""huh?"""" The girls reacted in surprise.

"There I shall be able to keep you safe from that foul witch. What do you say Ichika?"

"Nein, Ichika shall reside at my barracks, where someone who is actually capable shall protect him." Laura immediately interceded

"Actually, I think he should live with someone who he actually knows." Rin followed up.

"Or maybe he should sleep with someone who actually-"

"SHHHHH, SHHHHH, SHHHHH" Charlotte made a shushing gesture to cut them all off, but when they all looked at her, she simply looked at Ichika who was breathing soundly.

He had fallen asleep at the dinner table. To which all the girls quit their squabbling and simply smiled warmly at Ichika.

"Hey Laura." Houki was the first to talk. "Can you grab his legs for me?"

"Sure." Laura complied.

Afterwards, the five girls carried Ichika to his room, where Rin opened the door, Cecilia pulled the blankets away and Charlotte tucked him in.

"""""Goodnight Ichika.""""" They all replied at the same time while looking at Ichika before leaving the room.

The girls at least had the decency not to fight while Ichika was actually hurt.

 

1