Chapter 131
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Ichika|

"Well damn, so this is the fabled IS academy."

"Dude, don't gawk everywhere you go, we will get in trouble."

Right after separating from Utsoho, the boys started wandering in their own direction, exploring the school grounds. It was Dan's only chance to be here so Ichika made sure he got the full tour.

"Hey, its a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am going to savor it, now, show me the ladies."

"Hell no, these girls actually know how to handle themselves, there is no way I am getting involved."

"Ichika, you need to have some guts."

"Guts aren't bulletproof." 

"That only means that you don't have enough."

The boys continued their merry talk while Ichika decided to drag Dan towards the Stadium pits. Because he knew there was something other than the ladies that he wanted to see.

"Holy shit dude." There inside, a whole lot of Raphael IS were lined up in single file for viewing to the public.

"Heh, I thought you might like to see it." Ichika replied while folding his arms.

"Wowwww......." Dan tried to get closer in order to touch one.....

*wang**wang*

Only for a shield barrier to spring up around the unit he wanted to touch.

"Ouch.....Hey! No fair! How can they put these in public and not have people touching them." Dan complained while nursing his hand.

"Dude, you got off easy, they almost shot me the last time I touched an IS in public." Ichika tried to console his friend

"Hey...... That reminds me, you have your own IS right? Show me!"

"Oh, well, um......"

"Oh come on dude, don't leave me hanging!" Dan pleaded.

*sigh* "Alright fine." Ichika went over to one of the empty hangar bays and materialized his IS.

"So tell me, how do I look?" Ichika asked sarcastically.

"Wow...."

"So that is the byakushki."

"So pretty." 

Ichika had publicly materialized his IS, which in turn drew a crowd.

"Yo, dude......" Dan looked at the 3 meter tall metal giant in front of him. "If you look like that, no wonder all the girls fall head over heels for you."

"Hey! That's not fair." Ichika complained.

"What's not fair mister 'knight in giant shining armor'. You even have a sword and a shield." Dan retorted while pointing towards the setsura module.

"Oh come on!"

*bang bang bang bang*

The sound of gunfire coming from outside interrupted the conversation between the two of them.

"Ehhhh, what was that?" Dan looked around, confused that he was the only one in the hangar who paid any heed to the gunfire.

"There is probably a match going on, come on lets take a look." Ichika dematerialized his IS and dragged Dan outwards the stadium seats.

"Bang bang bang**Swish swish* At the arena grounds, they could see 2 students having a duel. One had machine guns and the other was carrying a sword and shield.

"Well damn, this is so cool." Dan watched the 2 pilots fly around at near supersonic speeds. 

"Its harder than it looks you know." 

"Oh and why would that be?" Dan asked inquisitively.

"Its hard to stab someone when moving at such high speeds, especially if your opponent just so happens to be moving as well."

"Pfffff, why stick with a sword when you can just get a bunch of guns and destroy everything."

"Ugh, easy for you to say. My IS came with a sword built in."

"Awww man, sucks!"

"Besides, the really big guns are a pain to aim, the smaller ones like those are much better." Ichika said while pointing towards the fight that is still raging on.

"Wait...... Those are the small ones?" Dan sounded shocked as the ones that the girl in the duel was using were already the size of a dinner table.

"Oh, do I have something to show you." Ichika grabbed Dan and left the stadium towards the central warehouse where most of the IS maintenance classes are held.

After first year, all the students are divided into the engineering and pilot classes. As the name suggests, the engineering classes are for the students who wish to move towards the scientific aspects of IS. And while the second years spend most of their time doing maintenance on Is units used in training and being assigned to pit crews who assist second and third year pilots in modifying the school issued IS to taylored them to each pilot's specification, the third years however are allowed to attempt to develop their own components, weapons and equipment and to have them tested by other students to test their skills. So naturally, the third year workshop quickly devolved into a madhouse of science and technology. Especially on days like today where all the major research labs are out in force in order to recruit new scientists.

"Dude..... Is that a machine gun rocket launcher?" Dan pointed towards a gatling cannon that seemed to have a belt of missiles attached.

"Even I don't know about half the things they come up with here."

"And what about that? Is that a chain whip sword?" Dan pointed to a segmented sword on a wire.

"I didn't know we had one of those. But its probably a pain to use given you are always flying in different directions."

"And then what the hell is that?" Dan pointed towards what were essentially two miniature zeppelins tied to the back of an IS.

"Ok, even I don't know that." 

1