Chapter 122
109 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After opening the pot, Tatenashi immediately started to fill the 3 plates on the table. Before taking a look at Houki.

"Houki, by any chance, did you bring anything to share?" Tatenashi asked with a smile.

"Oh.... eh.... It's nothing much." Houki embarrassingly pulled out the bento she brought with her and opened it up. It was filled with fried rice and Karage, two of Ichika's favourites. She then handed it over to Tatenashi who began to divide the portions.

"""Itadakimasu.""" After dividing all the food, the three of them began to eat quickly.

"....."

"......"

"......"

Until halfway throughout the meal, Tatenashi stopped as if she suddenly remembered something.

"Hey Houki, I heard that you can't get your one-off ability to work anymore."

"PFFFTTT!" Houki spat out her food in shock. "ICHIKA!"

"Wasn't me! Wasn't me I swear!" Ichika hurriedly defended himself.

"Now, now, let him off Houki. I have my ears to the ground well enough to figure that out on my own."

"Muuuuuu....." Houki immediately made a pouty face.

"Cheer up Houki. It shouldn't be that hard to get it to work."

"Muuuuu..... Says you." Houki made a sad retort.

"Houki, I heard that for a one-off ability to work properly, you need to be mentally in tune with your IS. Can you tell me what you were thinking when you managed to get it to work the first time?"

"Well uh....... It's none of your business. The reason it isn't working is probably because Byakushiki isn't around." Houki thought for a moment and suddenly remembered the moments she shared with Ichika during the fight with Silver gospel and hurriedly made an excuse to hide her embarrassment.

"Houki, don't you think that's just escapism?" Tatenashi said with a smile. 

"Now hang on a moment, she might be telling the truth." Ichika came to her defense.

During their remedial punishment, Ms. Orimura had pulled the two of them aside and explained that their IS were specifically designed to be each other's other half and each other's counterweight. Byakushki's stats are far higher then normal IS, but it has an energy consumption to match, so it needs to use Akatsubaki's Kenran Butou to replenish its energy. But on the other hand, being able to replenish its energy means that Akatsubaki's shield will always be at full health. So in order to defeat it, you have to destroy the IS in 1 move, which is something that only the Byakushki can do.

"Then what about you Ichika? I heard that you had managed to setup a core bypass with Charlotte."

"Well of course, if we didn't do that, Laura was going to cream us." Ichika said matter-of-factly. 

"Well yes, but setting up a core bypass is extremely difficult to do. Tell me Ichika, is Charlotte your girlfriend?" Tatenashi asked with a smile.

"What!?" Ichika asked out of surprise.

"Ichika." Houki said in a low voice.

"No, its not like that. Charlotte isn't my girlfriend." Ichika hurriedly tried to explain myself.

"I'm being serious Ichika. Setting up a bypass isn't something you can do with just anyone. You have to be at the level of boyfriend and girlfriend at the very least in order to get it to work."

"Oh....Eh......" Ichika began scratching his cheek and looking away out of embarrassment. "Actually, I still thought Charlotte was a guy when we got it to work."

"Oh my!" A light bulb just went on in Tatenashi's head. "I didn't know you swung that way." Tatenashi said with a smile.

"ICHIKA!" Houki cried out.

"No, it isn't like that at all." Ichika tried to explain himself. "and Houki, what are you complaining about?"

"Hmph, nothing." Houki said with a huff.

"Now, anyway......."

"......"

"......"

"......"

The trio continued to talk about mundane things until they finished their meal.

"Now then, Ichika, would you be so kind as to clean the table."

"Yes ma'am." Ichika obediently obeyed. 

"And Houki..... You can report to general maintenance tomorrow morning."

".....What?......" Houki didn't understand the meaning.

"Houki, as student council president, I can't ignore the fact that you chopped another student's door in half." Tatenashi reasoned. 

"But that was because......." Houki tried to reason.

"Houki." Tatenashi said while smiling yet not smiling.

"Ugh.... Fine!" Houki relented

"See you tomorrow Houki." Tatenashi said farewell to Houki.

".....See you tomorrow......" Houki obediently left the room.

"Now then Ichika." Tatenashi turned towards Ichika, who finished clearing the table. "Lets go to bed."

"Well yes-Wait what!?" Ichika replied in shock halfway through.

"Didn't I tell you Ichika? I'm your new roommate."

"Wait, what?" Ichika's shock continued.

"Well, I thought that it would be best for your training if I stayed by your side all day and all night."

"But you can't just-"

"Don't bother going there Ichika, I already received permission from Ms. Orimura." Tatenashi said with a smile.

*SIGH* Ichika made a massive sigh before walking towards his bed, bend over out of sorrow. He had learned the hard way time and time again that if his sister has gotten involved, he will not be able to talk his way out of it.

"Hahahahaha, you're so funny Ichika." While Tatenashi continued to laugh, Ichika mindlessly changed into his pajamas before climbing into bed, while Tatenashi did the same after pulling out the screen and pushing to back after she had finished changing. Ichika could see that she was wearing a slightly oversized shirt. And nothing else.

"Remember Ichika, no matter what happens, I'm just one bed away." Tatenashi climbed into bed as she turned the lights off.

"Ohhhhh....." Ichika groaned in mental anguish 

"hahahahahah, goodnight, I-CHI-KA."

 

 

1