Chapter 3 – Food!
490 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 POV 96

 

When I regained consciousness, the first thing I did was breathe.

I felt my whole body was restless, and a question came to my mind.

Am I still here?

I hoped to wake up in another place... to do other things.

I've had enough of this physical body already!

I still felt some pain in my spine, but luckily no tears came out of my eyes, even though this moment was painful.

Normally, this body would respond with tears to any painful stimulus, but now it was finally different.

I just hope... not to be hungry again...

I finally managed to calm my breathing as I lay on my back. I noticed that the ceiling of this place was different from the previous one.

The ceiling was no longer full of cobwebs or holes that let the sunlight in. Each board was neatly placed, so I probably didn't have to worry about water drops falling on my face.

For some reason, the atmosphere felt cooler. My body felt comfortable despite the pain. The conditions were almost perfect for taking a nap...

I don't want to sleep!

I was bored with this routine. It seemed like I was in another place, but apparently, I was going to do the same thing as in the previous place.

Where are the data?

I tried to turn around to move, but I felt a strong throbbing pain in my spine. Instinctively, I pressed my lips together, and soon I heard a voice muttering a rather short phrase.

"... Hungry?"

I still couldn't fully understand what they were saying, but I had one thing clear.

Whenever they include the word 'hungry' in their speeches, it means they're going to feed me!

I tried to cry, as it sometimes worked to get fed, but the tears wouldn't come out.

It seemed that my body was not only resilient to shed tears anymore, but I couldn't release them at will either.

Why?

Soon, a woman lifted me up, and I noticed it was the same woman who had helped me with my needs before.

Where is the other woman? This isn't the one who gives me food...

The woman started babbling a rather long speech, and...

She didn't say the word 'hungry' even once!

[Please, user. Find food as soon as possible, or the body will suffer irreversible damage to its development.]

To my surprise, the text that now appeared in my retina... It was longer!

Why don't you tell me anything useful!?

After the woman finished her speech, she hugged me, and I could observe more details of the room.

There were paintings of animals, necklaces hanging from a piece of iron, and a bear's head.

But none of that mattered to me right now.

I have to eat! I miss when I didn't have this task...

Soon, that woman took me out of the room, and there I confirmed that I was no longer in the small house where I was before, but...

Where will I find food now?

I tried to search for food with my gaze, but there were only more doors, which probably led to other rooms, but...

Food? No! That doesn't look like food... Where is this woman taking me?

The pain in my body was becoming more intense and annoying, but the woman who was supposed to help me just kept walking and going down several steps.

In a matter of seconds, I started to smell something in my nose.

I felt like my body was screaming at me and wanting to go toward the source of that aroma.

I tried to move, but the woman held me tighter, pressing my back with her hands and gently tapping my head.

It hurts!

I heard numerous laughs, and soon more women appeared dressed just like her.

Food? No, they don't look anything like the clothes the one who gave me my food wore...

[Please, user. Find food as soon as possible, or the body will suffer irreversible damage to its development.]

Soon, one of the women handed a small glass bottle to the woman holding me, and before I knew it, that same bottle was in front of me.

The system, just like before, pointed out where I had to suck.

I hope I don't have to go to the bathroom after this...

 

This chapter was narrated in the first person. Let me know if you like this type of chapters so I can include more of them, or if the narrator should remain in the third person. See you later with another chapter!

 

Thank you for your feedback!

17