Chapter 8 – A Little Competitor
818 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A maid was going about her work, organizing and categorizing various materials for a party, when suddenly a girl burst in, swinging the door open abruptly.

"Boss!"

The girl who entered was covered in sweat and could barely catch her breath.

"What? Did something important happen?" responded the indifferent maid as she continued her work.

"She has learned to speak!" exclaimed the other maid, clearly agitated.

For a moment, upon hearing those words, the maid who was organizing things froze, but then she let out a small laugh and continued with her work.

"Are you sure it's not an exaggeration?"

"I saw it with my own eyes! I went to that mansion to confirm the rumors, and they were true. That girl walks, and she can even negotiate! She can say several complex words for her age, although it's somewhat cruel..." the maid said the latter part in a sad tone.

"Cruel?"

This caught the attention of the maid who was organizing.

What kind of cruelty could a 2-year-old child display?

Drawing poorly?

Making a lot of noise when one tries to sleep?

"She said she's noisier than a kitchen!" exclaimed the maid, bringing her hand to her head.

While the maid delivering this news exaggerated and pretended to cry, the other maid stopped and began to analyze the situation.

It didn't take long for her to reach a conclusion.

They were in trouble.

The count, who currently had 3 daughters and 5 sons, had assigned a mansion to each of his last two newborn daughters, but this particular mansion had received considerable resources due to the assistance of a certain person.

The problem that arose now was that these two girls were born at the same time, so they were ‘competing’ with each other for their father's attention.

The girls' father was known for instantly recognizing talented individuals and opportunities, as well as ignoring those who were not useful.

This situation was dangerous! Something had to be done!

Initially, it was thought that the girl assigned to them had some kind of gift, but it turned out to be a lie!

The girl did nothing!

She only ate and slept, and sometimes cried when she didn't receive much attention.

What had they done wrong?

Initially, the girl seemed like she was going to be able to speak, but for some reason, she had stopped trying.

Several maids, including herself, had tried to make progress, but the girl, apart from eating or sleeping, loved playing with the toys in her crib.

Furthermore... Was it true that the girl from the other mansion could walk?

The girl they had been assigned to hated even attempting to crawl! She would always cry if she wasn't carried, and the supervisor decided to wait and see if this situation would improve.

But now, they had no more time!

In the original plans for the girl in this mansion, it was expected that by the age of 3, she would be able to say a few words and learn to walk on her own, but Aria had changed the rules of the game too quickly!

At this rate, this mansion would be forgotten, and the girl would have a bleak future where at most she could aspire to attend her father's party and wish him a happy birthday.

All these thoughts began to greatly disturb the calm maid.

Unaware that her companion had ignored her, the other maid had finished her dramatic performance.

The noisy maid asked, "Boss, what do we do?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, the other maid quickly replied, "We'll have to discuss with the supervisor here to come up with a new plan. Thank you for investigating."

"At your command! That's what I'm here for, boss. Make sure to speak highly of me to the higher-ups," the maid said playfully.

"Yes, do you have any pending tasks?"

"No, I used all my break time to confirm the information. Aren't I great?"

The maid thought she would receive praise for her efforts, but soon her hands felt something else.

"You'll be even greater if you help me with these tasks."

Taking out a piece of paper with several tasks written on it, the maid who received this was shocked.

"Do I have to do all of this...?"

"I'll compensate you, Laurie."

Laurie pouted upon hearing those words, but after taking a deep breath, she turned around.

"See you later! I'll start my shift earlier..."

Laurie stomped out of the room fiercely.

"As noisy as a kitchen... Was that girl named Aria? Damn it. I'll have a lot of work from today onwards..."

Hello! This is the last chapter of the week, the next one will be released on Wednesday, the 21th.

If you want to support or would like me to release chapters faster for the novel you enjoy, please visit my Patreon! See you in another update. ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

17