Book 1: E1: Chapter 2: New Life
636 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flashback <Start>

 

“Why can't she seem to get good at anything! What a disappointment!” She said that as she commanded her servant to hit me over and over, it was painful but I have to endure it...

 

#####

 

“Sister, I’m sorry that mother and father did that to you, I’m sorry I can't do anything” My sweet little sister, if only we could leave this place and live a happy life.

 

#####

 

“You are a disgrace to the entire family!” Why is it that no matter how hard I try… it never worked, never show results.

 

#####

 

“NO STOP!!! PLEASE!!!” Please don't do this…

 

“Begone!”

 

*Zoom*

 

Flashback <End>

 

Ugh… Where am I? I remember seeing a girl in ponytail, then I fainted, then I feel pain, then… I’m here, where am I? A house? Why am I in a bed?... Huh? Pink hair? What is this? Maybe I should check the mirror over there…

What is this? A girl with a long pink hair and eyes, slender figure, no scars either… Is this me? How is that possible? I don't understand… Did that girl do something to me? I can't think of other possibility.

I walk out of the bedroom to see table with some sort of magic tool and letter on it, as well as a sword, I should check the letter…

 

Hi there

If you read this letter then I, the one who have save you from the wolves is no longer here so no need to look from me, I’m on a journey.

I apologize for startling you like that and even knocking you out afterward, and I shall apologize even more with what I have done, as you should already know you looked way different from before, and even more so that you don't know.

I shall address you as Rosia (Not exactly creative I know), I do know your real name but I’m sure you don't want a name that associated with whatever noble house you came for, I also give you a random last name as well, Zana. Hope you like it.

 

The letter is nowhere near done and I’m not sure what to say, a new name for me? Why would you do this for me and how did you know? I suppose I should be thankful for her but why? As I am now there’s no way I can go back, and there’s no way anyone would even recognize me, so if anyone I know found me now and I tell them who I am it’ll only create suspicion, new name is definitely needed.

 

Before you become grateful toward me just so you know I did something less than humane to you, I use an item that can demonized people on you that's why you're different looking now.

 

What? That's why? Now I’m something that human shunned!? The embodiment of evil!? But I didn’t feel anything different aside from my look and some slight difference in my body I can’t pinpoint, but even with that I still look completely human, I know some demon are humanoid but they have some noticeable difference I’m pretty certain.

 

You shouldn't worry too much about your appearance since aside from your unusual hair and eye color you aren't different from human, from your look anyway.

 

That's a bit reassuring I suppose but something else must be different.

 

Now you have taste for human flesh.

 

No… Way…

 

Don't worry though since eating human flesh isn't necessary, it will be tasty for you and give you beneficial trait of the pray but you can still eat your human food.

 

*Phew*

So I don’t have to necessarily kill people to live, that’s good to know, but why even change me to have that specific trait? Something so terrifying.

 

Aside from that you could sprout out a pink bat-looking wing if you want to fly.

 

That sound rather demonic, but if that's all there is to a demon then they aren't all that different than human do they.

 

Your species of ‘demon’ is completely exclusive to you, I dubbed it Zoedora.

Also there's a magic tool that measure your strength and traits, just put your hand on there.

 

This strange device? Let's try it I suppose.

A bunch of details pop up.

 

Name: Rosia Zana 

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zoedora

 

Level: 12

Class: Novice Swordsman

HP: 1,098/1,098

MP: 107/107

Strength: 98

Magical Prowess: 96

Dexterity: 77

Agility: 79

Luck: 76

Vitality: 90

Magical Resistance: 90

 

Race Skill: [Trait Consumption (Human)] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation]

Special Trait: [Growth Boost]

 

Proficiency

Sword: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: E

Cold: E

Water: E

Lightning: E

Wind: E

Earth: E

Light: E+

Dark: E

Life: E+

Death: E

Mind: E+

Space: D+

Time: E

 

Despite all of this being new to me I can process and understand this rather quickly… I’m not sure why but I understand the details of what each word in the system means immediately. Regardless of all that I can definitely feel a change in me without needing to see this.

I should keep reading, the letter is quite long.

 

That is a magic tool that have the skill [Appraisal]. A skill next to no one know at the present, now that you are aware of such a skill, you can now use [Appraisal]. Simply will it and you can see strength of your enemy, you can also analyze just a part of their status as well, right now you are much stronger than when you’re a human, here's your old stats as comparison.

 

Name: Reese Gretaliza

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Human

 

Level: 12

Class: Novice Swordsman

HP: 103/103

MP: 32/32

Strength: 34

Magical Prowess: 21

Dexterity: 23

Agility: 24

Luck: 25

Vitality: 19

Magical Resistance: 20

 

Title: [Shunned Noble]

Special Trait: [Incompetence (Curse)] [Growth Boost (Locked)]

 

Proficiency

Sword: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Life: E

Mind: E

 

You should lose that stupid title of yours and the curse that have been inflicted on you, and your special trait now works, so you should keep you head up high and start a new life, and stop worrying whatever past you may have, at least partially.

I can't thank her enough for this, what have I done to deserve this? I suppose it shouldn't matter, it could be just by a whim for all I know, aside from becoming a man-eating demon I’m happy with the change, and even that shouldn't be a problem, since there's no need for me to act differently. I want to thank her in person, I don't even know her name.

 

~Yours truely, Demon Lord~

 

… What?

… I feel like I should put this letter away and forget about that last part. Nope, she didn’t just write that in.

What now? A new identity, a new race, and new appearance, my old self was basically dead in the eyes of others, especially the house, they probably won’t accept any other outcome. Back then I have a goal in mind, to prove myself to my parents, I have sacrificed my happiness and time for them, to prove myself to be worthy in their eyes, that I am not a useless person, a mistake, but in the end it was all for naught. Back then was truly the worst, aside from her, life is but a torture, something not worth keeping, yet with the goal put into my head by them I simply can’t take the cowards way out, right now a life without constant suffering is presented to me, and I could forge my own path… something I never considered about, I don’t really have much in term of desire to make a goal for myself, I never think of such a thing as needed before as the path was already there. Right now my head feels much clearer than it have ever been, yet I still can’t think much for myself, perhaps right now I should try living the life in isolation and try out all that she have granted me, perhaps that’s for the best before I can figure something out…

 

#####

 

After a while I started to get use to this new body of mine for a bit, it's definitely way stronger than before, I did a few practice swing and fight some monsters in the wood, while it's scary at first I came to realize that it shouldn't be, I’m stronger now, they can't beat me so easily. I also encountered more than a few hostile people in the forest, I killed and eat them… It’s hard to believe I’m the one doing that, but after the first few time doing so became more natural… Even though it’s not necessarily a good thing. I really don’t want to recount those moment, well, if there’s any solace in any of that is that I didn’t eat them alive, that would be unnecessary cruel, but the how I remembered enjoying eating them is certainly nightmarish, this is definitely something I don’t want others so see, aside from maybe that girl herself, since she’s the one who set this up.

I should try using [Appraisal] on myself and see how much I’ve changed.

 

Name: Rosia Zana 

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Race: Zoedora

 

Level: 40

Class: Novice Swordsman

HP: 5,309/5,309

MP: 209/209

Strength: 246

Magical Prowess: 239

Dexterity: 210

Agility: 207

Luck: 200

Vitality: 278

Magical Resistance: 281

 

Race Skill: [Trait Consumption (Human)] [Longevity] [Regeneration] [Mana Regeneration] [Wings Manifestation]

Special Trait: [Growth Boost]

 

Proficiency

Sword: C

Hidden Weapon: E+

 

Elemental Proficiency

Fire: E+

Cold: E+

Water: E+

Lightning: E+

Wind: E+

Earth: E+

Light: D

Dark: E+

Life: D

Death: E+

Mind: D+

Space: C

Time: E

 

I have only been here for only a few days yet I nearly increase my level by four-fold, ridiculous is the best way to put it, [Growth Boost] is truly powerful, to think I have it for a long time but it was locked from me, if it wasn’t for that I might still… no perhaps it’s better this way, that place was a living hell, there’s only one solace to that place, and perhaps she’ll no longer be so, or maybe there’s a way to prevent it… no, I should think about something else right now, how I am at the present.

I have been practicing some spells as well, they were surprisingly easy to use than I would've thought, and chant isn't even needed, from what I learn at the academy, which I might add I quickly get kicked out of, magic requires chant to operate, yet what I have experienced said otherwise, all I really did is concentrating on mana and imagining pictures of what I want to cast, the result weren't that great at first but it got better later on.

Also there's the whole space element, from what I know it's an extremely rare element that most can't use, yet I can now much easier than expected. [Item Space] is rather convenient, I learn of it one day when I realize there's no place to store the supplies I got from the forest, so I have been thinking about how to do so, how it would be convenient to store it somewhere safe and keeping the item in perfect condition, then the items I have disappeared, I panicked for a little before assessing the situation and manage to get the items back. Also appraising skill is a thing, that's how I know what [Item Space] is.

I haven't touch on it yet but I should go to the village to buy some new clothes or something, the one I have is in pretty bad condition, even those of people I killed aren’t in the best condition either. I haven't been to the village yet, a bit scared to go there with me being a demon, I haven't really approach any human directly aside from the hostile one approaching me. I have seen some traveling around but never interacted with them, I don't feel the urge to cut them to pieces and eat them, thankfully.

It's all or nothing at this point, gonna bring some stuff I hunt to sell at this village and hopefully they have some clothes for me, hope nobody finds out, maybe going there can give me some idea of what to do next… no, that’s a wishful thinking, I probably can’t even interact with them and look natural, I barely have any contact with the outside world even back then, I was trying to be efficient by not wasting time talking, I was studying even during free time, I have no one to call friend and talk. As far as I remembered more than a few called me a freak for how little emotion I’m showing. Doing this is definitely going to be difficult, or very awkward at the very least.

13