CONFRENCE OF DONS PT2
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kalens pov

As soon as the phenomenon was over I had to catch myself before I reached for my sword, outwardly I displayed a cool that conflited with how I felt inside, I sent a subtle glance to each of my companions and i wasn't surprised, although it seems they expected it, they were just as uncomfortable with it as I was. 

I leaned towards Langris before speaking 

'Explain'

he pursed his lips, an extremely rare act for the always smiling man before answering 

"none of the other Dons know. Not even the first's, it's called world movement"

'and how do you know this'

I pressed

"....." 

he didn't answer, but I could tell. I could tell by the look on his face that the only thing he knew about it was its name.

World movement, the ability to instantly transport multiple Don's to any point without their knowledge or ability to defend, one needn't need to think much on how dangerous this was, the ability to instantly deploy multiple Don or Don level individual in any area on the planet, if Trident were to ever have to defend itself from the Don's association even of we disregarded the number and quality of Arcanum users facing this power was already tear inducing. 

When we finished world movement we found ourselves in a fairly large and well decorated lounge which we didn't have time to admire.

Waiting for us was a well dressed old man with the air of a competent butler, he took a low bow before speaking 

"good afternoon Don's of Trident, my name is Trivius, I will be escorting you all today"

Kannie and Samuel gave silent nods while Raine furrowed her brow, Langris didn't say anything while I just stood there in shock, the man in front of us was doing a good job at hiding it but I could tell, he was at least as strong as me. 

We were given a short tour through the White Rock, the home base of the Don's association, a literal block of polished white stone in Amalacan desert several thousand miles south of Trident, the tour was brief yet informative showcasing the latest in magical engineering in the form of organic and non organic translocation platforms, light based photo transmission along with accompanying sound replication and even facilities developing the latest in familiar technology all ranging from solutions and devices that can either increase or decrease the affinity of a contractor and even getting rid of spirit lord level contracts, for reference a finger sized vile in one of these facilities could have instantly gotten rid of the spirits Felix and Co were fighting just the other day, high level manifestations of elemental energy that goveren various physical laws and their interaction with the universe, but in the end all of that paled in comparison to the ridiculous number of 7th 8th and 9th level magic-casters just littering this place, considering in most military operations from around the world a 7th teir mage was seen an equal to an army of 100000 anyone would find it absurd that they were being used as desk jockies, if I didn't have the experience of excursions from my youth my mouth would be hanging open, just like how Sam and Kannie's are right now.

"and here we have the the final destination on our tour, the conference room, quite boring compared to the other places we visited today but i assure you, you won't be disappointed either"

said the man as he waved us through a massive set of doors into a booth even more luxurious than the room we arrived in.

In the center of the room a massive crystal ball hovered above the ground and surrounding it were 5 thrones each one decorated and engraved with the sygils of our guilds, I took easy steps towards mine before sitting as if I didn't have a care in world, but my mind was in turmoil, at the end of the room was a ledge guarded by a railing and beyond that was a chasm ended off by another railing which opened up to another room with a similar design to ours, next to it was another on both sides and another at its top with that one having company at its sides with those ones having the same set up over and over again. All reaching our side forming a cirlce around an endless depth too which the bottom was too dark to see.

"spatial expansion"

said Sam 

"Indeed, and it's permanent"

added Langris. 

Gasps and mutters of impossible and the like resounded in our room as Sam Raine and Kannie felt the need the retort, but I kept my mouth shut. I had guessed as much but didn't think it possible, spatial expansion was terribly difficult to perform requiring the ability of a 9th teir mage, it wasn't just magic, it was the realm one entered before literally stepping into god class or the domain of gods, the reason why it held such a pompous title was because at that realm one could begin to interact with, "the laws", the very rules regarding creation and how it function, allowing one to glimpse into the fundamentals regarding reality, but only that glimpse not manipulate, only at the 10th teir or the god class could one actually mess with them, an example would be the spell 'world stop' which could only be used when one gained decent understanding of the laws of time, the only law one could actually manipulate at 9th teir was space, and even that was mostly under special circumstances like contract type spells like parallel world which imposed restrictions on the caster that couldn't be broken without Don level power, the most a 9th teir mage could usually get out of spatial domination was compressing space to serve as shields which was although more effective than most barrier spells so long as avoiding damage was the goal the blink spell would have been wiser slowing down projectiles by changing the density of space around them or lastly spatial expansion, and even then that is permanent. 

Arch mage Jekiel's compoundium of the 9th teir stated that due to the lack of a will and power capable of permanently aclimating nor dominating the natural principles of the world it and its effects would eventually be banished once its force ran out or its power supply was cut as such expanded space would always revert back to normal, the only difference between when a 9th teir 10th teir and Don did it was the amount of time it took, with the results of the stronger ones power lasting longer. 

"what if they're having someone constantly keep it expanded"

said Sam 

"then it wouldn't be permanent, and besides do you really think they'd have someone around who's job is to simply make the room bigger"

replied Kannie 

"why not, they've got an Arcanum user working as a butler, why not waste more precious resources"

Kannie simply shook his head in resignation, we all sat in silence for a minute before I spoke 

'feel the room, the force responsible for this isn't fluctuating'

at my words they a sat up, all except Langris, closing their eyes to enhance their concentration before opening them to display even more shock, 

"that's the force of an Arcanum"

"but who's"

"it's not the lightening god slayer"

I looked on as the rest continued in heated discussion, several years ago I witnessed something like this only at the hands of who was undoubtedly the most powerful being in this universe and maybe even beyond and although he told me that both my parents were also capable of this he told me it wasn't easily achieved, I dismissed that memory before turning to Langris saying 

'can you tell us what you know?'

he closed his eyes and sighed before speaking 

"do you remember that fight between Ray and Damien"

Instead of pointing out how no one would probably be able to forget that, I nodded 

"at the end when their powers suddenly spiked,.... it didn't"

I didn't say anything, instead asking with my eyes for him to continue 

"they were simply releasing their true strenght, it is believed that every Don, no every Arcanum user possess enough power to rip apart all of creation with just their presence, those of us at this level of power don't bother to address this rumour letting other people believe what they please, when in fact it is just that, fact. The will of the world...."

"you mean that old wives tale about a massive sentient force that governs all of creation"

Langris turned to Sam showcasing his displeasure with a glare while I stewed on what I had just heard, the power to rip apart of all creation, at one point in my life I only knew of one person who could theoretically do that and it wasn't any Don, but during that fight, every fibre of my being could feel it, if both Damien and that monster had exchanged even one punch, the universe would have crumbled, and Damien said it himself, he wasn't all that much stronger than me.

"anyway, the will of the world is as real as you and I, and it's scared of us, that's why it suppresses us, all Don's and all Arcanum users, bringing our powers to what we are currently capable of using, but it seems that some people like Damien and Ray are capable of either removing or reducing those limiters in order to fight at their full strenght"

"so that's why we got our asses kicked, the old man was cheating"

"no, he wasn't, we're all suppressed at the same level he's just so strong he threatens reality even with those restrictions"

replied Langris as Sam deflated,... i spent a full minute deliberating on whether or not I should speak but in the end I made my decision 

'the old man, the godslayer, when I asked him who was stronger between he and the head of the Don's association.....you all heard what he said right'

as I finished speaking frightened looks covered the faces of my companions yet I pressed on 

'Langris. what the hell have you gotten us into'

"Attention! Attention! to all present"

interupted a pleasant female voice from within the void 

"the conference of Don's will be starting now"

just then a spot light shone on our block illuminating all five of us

"and the topic for today's discussion, the recent events surrounding the city of Trident"

0