CONFRENCE OF DONS PT3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raine's pov

This wasn't the first Don's confrence I had been too and hopefully it wouldn't be the last. 

In previous conferences it was customary to slowly enter into a convoluted and complicated topic, a measure implemented so as to make sure one could properly consider all the fact regarding a situation, it was also to make sure that no offense was made whether it be to the accusers or the accused, comraderie amongst Don's was rare, amongst Don's of different cities rarer. 

But even with all our power and might few of us saw any reason to go out of our way to make enemies, even if the means and methods by which we operate our cities differ, even if the principles we hold don't align the general modus operandi amongst Don's was disregard for each other.

"these fucking cunts"

said Samuel, his voice dripping with venom 

"control yourself"

said Kannie as he tried to admonish the 5th Don, but with how grave both his tone and face his face were it was clear even he was barely holding it together.

For them to so candidly speak of us as if we were in the wrong, it could only mean one thing, the didn't feel the need to put up a pretense, an absolute confidence that can only come with complete assurance that they were undoubtedly stronger than us or rather, that our strenght wasn't worth considering in the slightest, and it wasn't a belief one could blame them for.

I looked to my side to see the two men who if the world knew of their strenght this meeting probably wouldn't have happened, Langris had always played the fool in front of everyone, even in front of me, purposefully downplaying his abnormal strength making himself look inferior to me, all for a purpose I couldn't grasp. 

Next to him a man whose presence seemed to suck in all light in his surroundings, a divinity of black if there ever was one, sitting cross legged although we all sat upon thrones only he truly looked like a king... no an emperor, a man born to rule. 

As if he hadn't even been paying attention his head slowly rose to reveal a slightly exasperated expression. Before I could ask the source of his dillima, I caught the sound of alight chuckling from Langris's corner, his eyes seemed to twinkle full of mirth as a slight smile played upon his lips

"moron's" 

spoke the 3rd Don, and at that Langris could no longer hold back his smile, he roared without mercy, an utterly deafining sound that would have been the source of endless mortification if the second Don had been any slower with his sound isolation barrier, he looked to the first with mild annoyance on his face before it quickly slipped back into his general stoic expression.

As Langris's laughter died down the 3rd Don tool to explaining 

"The first purposefully spread misinformation about the situation, especially our prowess in order use it at the decisive moment"

Kannie's brow furrowed as he asked 

"what misinformation exactly"

to which the 3rd just shrugged before saying 

"I don't know, but its clear as day what he did. I wouldn't be surprised if all these people thought we were all hiding several grievous injuries right now due to how narrow of a victory it was for us, no one knows Raine beat two Don's by herself, no one knows I beat Aegis's second Don who could have competed for first in most cities on the continent and no one knows that both Langris and the bow deceased Eron were top teir amongst all the Don's on the continent"

"Indeed they do not"

quipped Langris.

Kannie leaned back as if in thought and Samuel slowly nodded, while I looked on in wonder at the 3rd. As far as I know neither of them have had time to co-ordinate any plans yet he saw through Langris's scheme in a heartbeat, despite my efforts a pang of jealousy welled up within me, so this was what it took to be privy to his plans, not just strenght but cunning and wit. 

I took a breath before asking 

'so, at what particular instant do wish to reveal the truth and for what reason'

"right about now, sync with me"

said the first and like a dam bursting a sea vicious intent surged out from him, threat made form it rolled around the room completely missing any of us before spilling into the circular hall and bathing everyone here with a single message "death, painful death". The same aura surged out of the third with mine and the others half a step later, it fused into an invisible cyclone of malice, the 1st and 3rd locked eyes with each other for a moment before the another wave of malice was expunged from within them only this time it presence far more catastrophic that before, like the it predecessor it surged out once more latching itself to the onto the everything in the hall that could draw breath, from this day forth every single king, queen, emperor and weak willed Don would never be able to separate the concepts of pain fear and death from the city of Trident, they would live constantly with the fear of the city of Trident and the monsters it called Don's.

"and now, cockroaches will stay silent and the dragons will come to the foray, this event suddenly went from a chore to something actually worth caring about"

"the depth of our power have been revealed but our tricks and grimicks remain hidden,..... how many information agencies are going to burn because of your little stunt just now"

asked the 3rd Don 

"all but the ones I bought over, oh and the ones I left for you guys to offer your protection to"

replied Langris

"monstrous bastard"

spoke the 3rd Don, and i had to agree as my divine sense swept over a particular corner bringing me the image of the man who had taken the role of a speaker for this event, he had passed out standing with white froth constantly gushing from his mouth as his heart beat got weaker and weaker, a few members of staff were already rushing to his side but I sent him my condolences, should he survive even with their aid likely all those who suffered today will likely see it he suffers some kind unjust punishment, one which will guarantee he doesn't see tomorrow.

"what exactly was this for"

asks Felix 

"weeding"

says Kalen, 

"you wish, to separate potential allies from confirmed enemies"

asks Kannie 

"close"

replies Felix

"honestly, whether they're with or against us I couldn't care less, this world is about to change, a massive change that will shake its foundations, either leaving it a blackened husk or an eternal paradise, a war will be fought blood enough to bath in will soak the earth and at least half of the people here will die, a shit storm of epic proportions,.....and Trident will be in the middle of it, only a chosen few are qualified participate, and they're the ones I'm trying to weed out"

he spoke blandly, buy his words were anything but, not just I, the rest of us seated here found ourselves speechless, all but him 

"This. Shit storm, will Trident be the cause or will be ones to stop it"

asks Kalen to which Langris simply grinned before replying 

"what do you think"

"I think I should kill you now and spare the world your presence"

"buuuuuuut"

said Langris his grin growing wider

"But, I'm a little bit curious, so I'll be patient"

"this is why your my favorite"

"go to hell" 

says Kalen as the rest of us finally let up on our auras.

0