A Calamity’s Love (7)
1.3k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intertwining their fingers together, Rius led Iris down the bridge, and as they walked across, Iris noticed their growing audience. Mythical creatures of all kind gathered around the edge of the lake, watching this beautiful couple walk across the bridge to their new home. 

“Such peculiar guests,” Iris giggled.

“... I should’ve asked you beforehand… Did you perhaps wanted to invite an audience?” Rius asked softly.

Iris shook her head smiling happily, “no. This is perfect.”

When they finally walked across the bridge and made it to the island, they faced one another, hands locked. Iris looked into Rius’ eyes and saw all of the love in them. Even if his left eye was blinded, it could not hide his love for her. 

“I, Rius Solece, promise to keep you happy for the rest of our lives; to look after you; to protect you; to make sure that you shed no tears of pain, only tears of happiness. I promise to be faithful, loyal, supportive and true; to love you unconditionally - even after death.”

“I, Iris Lovett, promise to keep you happy for the rest of our lives; to look after you; to protect you; to make sure that you shed no tears of pain, only tears of happiness. I promise to be faithful, loyal, supportive and true; to love you unconditionally - even after death.”

“Do you, Iris Lovett, take this demon to be your husband?” Rius asked.

“I do. And do you, Rius Solece, take this human to be your wife?” Iris smiled.

“I do,” his eyes sparkled brightly. He then plucked a strand of hair from his head before looking over to Iris. Understanding him, Iris also plucked a single strand of her red hair. Handing it over to Rius, he enclosed them into his first as a bright light flared and quickly diminished as he opened his fist. Unfurling within his palm was a single red thread. Having its own conscious, the red thread moved on its own, finding what it needed. It swirled around the couple before settling down, tying a knot on both of their left ring finger. After the knot was tied, the red thread gave off a faint red glow before it faded and became invisible, however, around their left ring finger, there was a faint, almost skin-colored imprint. An imprint that resembled vines and flowers. If one didn’t look closely, it would be easily dismissed.

After the red thread disappeared, simultaneously, they both leapt into each other’s arms, sharing a kiss. Rius lifted Iris into the air and twirled around as their lips remained locked. When their lips were finally apart, harmonious laughter filled with love intoxicating the entire forest as flower petals of all colors fell magically from the sky, dancing in the air.

That day, they spent the entire day rolling the sheets, filled with lust, love and passion. Rius was like an insatiable beast, devouring everything and filling every inch of Iris’ body with him.

It was a pity for such a beautiful wedding dress because now it was scattered all over the floor... in pieces. Iris was lying down on the bed with her legs propped on top of Rius' shoulders. Holding his thick, monstrous cock, he rubbed the tip across the flower lips, teasing Iris as she giggled and moaned. He watched as the cum from his third ejaculation leaked out from inside of her. It was an enticing sight as Rius sucked in his breath sharply. Iris stuck two fingers into her mouth, licking it and sucking it seductively as her other hand trailed down to her clit. Playing with her clit and the cum that was leaking from her vagina, her body twitched in pleasure as saliva dribbled out of her mouth. As Rius continued rubbing his cock against her flower lips, he kissed and licked her shins and calves that were placed on his shoulders. He was sure to mark every inch of her as his own.

"Ah-! Mhm~! Uwh~!" Iris gasped.

Rius gripped onto one of her nipples and began teasing it. Iris was drowning in pleasure as she moved her hand that was pleasuring herself over to the pulsing cock that was rubbing up against her that had yet to settle down. She began moving her hands. Rius grunted in a low hum. He couldn't take it anymore. He parted Iris' legs apart and shoved himself in as he lunged for a deep kiss. Their tongues twirled with one another as their body rocked together. Iris ran her fingers through his hair and around his neck, deepening their kiss. 

Rius thrusted his cock in at different speeds, trying to hit every sensitive spot inside of Iris. He felt like he was in heaven; the suctions and the throbbing sensation of her vagina made him weak, but it only spiked up his excitement from such pleasure even more. Iris was the only woman he wanted, and no one was going to take her away from him. 

"Iris! Iris!" Rius called out her name. "I love you! I love you so much!" his voice hitched as his hips' movements quickened, pushing further into her vagina than before.

"Me too! I love you too, Rius~! AAHHH~!!!" Iris climaxed.

"Agh-! Argh~," Rius hissed as he poured all of his cum inside of her, but his cum was too much that it began pouring out even with his cock still locked inside of her vagina.

Sweat glistened across their skin as they breathed heavily. Brushing the hair that was stuck to her face, Rius leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. This was their fourth time, but Rius was not showing any signs of fatigue. Iris smiled. It's been a while since she had ever faced such a challenge.

After their bed activities were over, the night sky had long fallen as stars were sprinkled across the night sky. Once again, Iris’ body was not spared of love marks or bite marks, however, Rius wasn’t in any better condition having scratch marks, love marks and bite marks all over his body as well.

Lying in bed in each others arms, they stared at the aurora borealis through the window that was located right above their bed. It was truly a  magical sight. Suddenly, Iris had a thought. She sat up and conjured up a shimmery sheer silk kimono onto her body. Rius was startled by her actions. Iris closed her eyes and cleared her throat.

“I’m kind of rusty, so don’t make fun of me, okay?” she peeked over to Rius.

He looked at her adorable appearance as her tousled red hair was gathered all to one side with the moon illuminating her delicate body.

“Of course, I won’t,” he smiled.

Suddenly, a soft and tender melodious voice escaped her mouth.

One look at you,
My whole life falls in line.
I prayed for you
Before I called you mine.
Oh I can't believe it's true sometimes.
Oh I can't believe it's true.
 
I get to love you.
It's the best thing that I'll ever do.
I get to love you.
It's a promise I'm making to you:
Whatever may come your heart I will choose
Forever I'm yours, Forever I do.
 
I get to love you
I get to love you
 
The way you love,
It changes who I am.
I am undone.
I thank god once again.
 
Oh I can't believe it's true sometimes.
Oh I can't believe it's true.
 
I get to love you.
It's the best thing that I'll ever do.
I get to love you.
It's a promise I'm making to you:
Whatever may come your heart I will choose.
Forever I'm yours, Forever I do.
 
I get to love you
I get to love you
I get to love you
I get to love you
 
And they say love is a journey.
I promise that I'll never leave.
When it's too heavy to carry
Remember this moment with me.
 
I get to love you
I get to love you
I get to love you~

[A/N: ‘I Get to Love You’ by Ruelle]

After Iris was done singing, she carefully glanced over to Rius. In her past life, she had a pretty good singing voice, and her current voice was quite exceptional as well. Rius was staring at her with bubbly eyes and a loving expression as many emotions were swirling in his right eye. His heart was beating so loudly in his chest that he could hear his own heartbeat; a heavy and burning sensation crept up his body.

Iris blushed, “this is a one-time special. Next time, you’ll have to perform for me, okay?”

Rius could feel her love for him through her song. This was a first for him. His heart was ready to explode!! He pounced on Iris, kissing her passionately, trembling within her embrace. Iris welcomed him openly, soothing his trembling body. When Rius recollected himself, he could only lay on top of Iris, feeling loved and blessed to have met her in this lifetime.

“I promise!”

***

As the following days rolled around, the battle between Rius’ demon army and demons of the rebellion and the Holy Church had also begun. The main reason why Rius took Iris to this place was to keep her safe. He knew he’d have to engage in battle soon, so he wanted to give her the best moments while he was still there. 

Rius knew that this battle was going to be the end of him. The unsettling demon inside him was restless, and Rius was aware of the conditions. Once he went full-on berserk, he’ll be lost entirely… However, as to how he is living now, he did not want to give it up. He didn’t want to leave Iris feeling lonely, thus he decided to prepare the most comfortable and safe life for her after he is gone.

Unbeknownst to Rius, Iris was already aware of what was happening around the world as they lived peacefully in the untouched forest. C-2 also told her of the restless demon inside Rius and how this battle will be Rius’ last. Iris was also aware of the fact that there will soon be  envoys from the Holy Church making their way to the different surrounding kingdoms to form allies. The Yvaris Kingdom was their top priority because of Merlin. 

On the 12th day of them living within the forest, living their peaceful life away from everyone else, Iris was the first to talk. Sitting on the bench that was position right in front of the lake, Iris stroked the giant water serpent’s head as it was nestled comfortably on her lap. It’s sapphire colored scales were beautiful.

“What is it that you wanted to talk about?” Rius asked he sat beside her, subtly pushing the serpent’s head off her lap.

She chuckled at his childish action. But then her light chuckle died down. “Rius, tell me truthfully. You’ll be leaving, right? To war?”

Rius hesitated before laughing softly, “What makes you say that?”

She looked over to him, “this location, this cottage, this forest - these are the things you’re giving to me so that I can live a comfortable life after you’re gone, right?”

“Of course not. Can’t I gift my wife what I want?” he smiled charmingly.

“But it just doesn't feel right. You’re going to leave, aren’t you? Don’t lie to me. We made a vow.”

Rius stared at Iris for a while before he pulled her into a warm embrace.

"Yeah, I'm going to war."

"Then I'm coming with you too," Iris replied resolutely.

"No!" Rius answered without hesitation. "The battlefield is no place for you. I don't want to see you there. I don't want to lose you again."

Iris pushed herself from his embrace gently, "don't you know who I am? I'm Iris Lovett, a disciple and daughter of Merlin Weiss. I want to go to the battlefield. People from my kingdom may be there, Merlin might be there. And if he is, I can stop them from attacking. It was all of that part of that Vaztil's plan. You've been wrongly implicated."

"It doesn't matter anymore. It doesn't change the fact I trespassed onto their lands and massacred their people. I can only go back and face them head on. But more than anything, more than going there to face my wrongdoings, I want to protect you. Remember? Our vows," he smiled deeply.

"I made a vow to protect you too!" 

"Five years… give me five years to settle this war. After that, if I don't return, then you can come find me…"

Iris wanted to protest, but she saw that Rius was not going to compromise. She pouted her lips and furrowed her brows, looking like a child who has been denied having it their way.

"Fine… but after five years, I will come find you. And if I find out you've died without coming back to see me, when I do find you, I kill you myself!" 

Rius laughed heartily and hugged her once again. "Hahahaha, alright! I'll let you do that!! If Merlin is there, I'll try not to kill him," he joked.

That night, Rius made sure he loved Iris thoroughly so that she would not be able to get up for the next three days. When dawn was finally breaking, Rius was prepared to head to war. However, before he left, he summoned someone.

“Maru,” he said as he was sitting beside the resting Iris, caressing her face gently.

Appearing out of thin air like a wisp of smoke, Maru appeared right before him on one knee, “Yes, my king?”

“... Take care of her while I’m gone. I’m counting on you.”

“Yes, my king!”

And just like that, Rius was gone. And like what Rius had intended, Iris stayed in bed for the next three days and was tended to carefully by Maru. As hours turn into days, and days into weeks, Iris often ventured around the forest, continuing to broaden her sights and knowledge of the forest, as well as a distraction for herself. She was going to keep her promise. She was not going to go to the battlefield until 5 years have gone by.

***

Maru was brushing Iris' thick red hair as she sat comfortably on the swing chair outside their little cottage with her eyes closed. 

"Iris, My King really, really loves you."

Iris' ears perked up. This was the first time Maru was initiating a conversation. "You think so?"

Maru nodded his head. "Gotoh, and I have been with My King since the beginning of his reign. To be completely honest, we were his servants before he became the Demon King he is today. After he became the Demon King, because of our loyalty to him, he gave us the grace of becoming demons ourselves to serve him till the end."

"... Do you regret it?"

Maru shook his head softly, "Not once. Gotoh would say the same. We've seen how detached he has become to this world, discarding women as if they were objects. But then you came along. I have no idea why but perhaps Gotoh knew there was something different about you thus he took you to the Plum Blossom Manor."

"I've noticed how secluded that manor was from the rest. Why is that?"

"... When my King was still alive, his ill-mother lived in a manor called the Plum Blossom Manor. She was everything to him. His father was a noble but promiscuous man. His father was also a very strict man. His mother was his salvation from his tortuous schooling days. However, when my King turned 15, his mother passed away. His father did not grieve, which only fueled his dislike for his father. After her death, my King no longer allowed anyone to set foot inside the Plum Blossom Manor."

Iris listened intently as Maru began braiding her without her even realizing it.

"The Plum Blossom Manor that you were living in was actually the manor his mother lived it. He wanted to preserve the memories of his mother, which is why he left it in such a secluded area. But then you came along and began living in it. At first, my King was going to chase you out, but then he didn't. And as time went by, he fell in love with you. I'm glad my King is able to meet you in this lifetime," Maru smiled as he placed the finishing touches on Iris' braid. "It was also his mother's favorite flower, which soon became his."

Maru moved Iris' braid over her shoulder so that she can see it. In her hair were beautiful Plum Blossom of all shades of pink and white.

"You're his Plum Blossom."

Iris lifted up her left hand and looked at her ring finger. Seeing the ring of of flowers around her finger, now realizing what kind of flower they were, Iris smiled softly and planted a soft kiss against the ring of flowers.

***

One day, just as Iris was getting ready to go to Yvaris, she felt nauseous to the point she wanted to vomit. Iris had noted that her cravings for sweets have gotten stronger than before. But even now, her nose was extremely sensitive. But thanks to her innate magical skill, Iris was able to control the sensitivity.

C-2, what’s wrong with my body? I’ve never felt like this in my life before… She groaned as she threw on her cloak.

[... I’ve just finished scanning your body for whatever the case may be....]

Oh? And?

[... You’re pregnant.]

24