Chapter 2
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Outside her apartment unit; Kaycee was about to lock her door when she suddenly remembered she forgot to pick up her phone by the lampstand. 

“What a day!, it could have been worse if I had gotten to work before noticing that I didn’t even get my phone.”

Kaycee mad dashed inside to recover what she had left behind; another 2 minutes later she was on her way to where she left off.

At 7:55 sharp Kaycee arrived at a small store with the sign that read ‘Haerin Floral.’ 

Kaycee punched in a couple of codes into the electronic pad by the door and within seconds the red dot at the top of the electronic pad turned green. This signaled that the door was ready for immediate use. Kaycee reached for the door handle and made her way into the store.

Kaycee took in the familiar scent of the flowers as she looked around; she could tell that someone had already been to the store before her. The overhead lights were on and there were several pieces of order tickets stacked on top of each other by the counter.

“Trust Mina to always get here way before me.”

Kaycee smiled mischievously as she went through the contents of the order tickets; shuffling   them as she would a deck of cards. Kaycee neatly arranged them in such a way as to avoid her antics from being discovered.

—--

In the backroom filled with a variety of flowers in separate vases stored within a temperature sensitive fridge; Mina had an apron draped over her polo shirt and jeans as she took  inventory of the flowers while checking them for signs of wilting and adequate moisture. 

0