Ch228- Bringing the Sky Down!
158 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

discord.gg/q5KWmtQARF

Join my Discord!


The giant, flaming mass of rock descended with daunting velocity, its heat distorting the air around it as it threatened to obliterate everything below. Koushin, maintaining a composed demeanor, simply tilted his head, meeting Kaguya's eyes with a confident smirk. His gaze remained unwavering, even as the meteor loomed larger, overshadowing them with its catastrophic potential.

Kaguya observed him, her eyes unblinking, searching for any hint of trepidation in his stance, yet found none. His calm amidst the chaos sparked a sliver of intrigue within her. Perhaps this man truly held the power he professed.

Ino, standing steadfast beside Koushin, exhaled softly, placing an unshakeable trust in him. Her hand slipped into his, the warmth and steadiness of his grip granting her a silent reassurance amidst the impending cataclysm.

Koushin brushed his lips lightly against Ino's, a swift, gentle moment amidst the mounting chaos. He withdrew from her embrace and lifted into the air, his form gradually elevating towards the fiery celestial object descending upon them. A momentary glance toward Kaguya conveyed an astute, self-assured smirk, devoid of arrogance yet brimming with an unspoken promise.

"Since you've brought down a meteor, allow me to bring down the sky itself," Koushin’s voice effortlessly carved through the turbulent atmosphere, resonating with a profound yet playful depth.

Ino, looking up, her eyes reflecting the flaming menace above, shook her head gently, an endearing resignation woven into her expression. "Hurhur, let’s move. It's about to get pretty hectic down here."

Paathurnax, the mighty creature beneath her, heaved a deep, mournful sigh, his eyes rolling upward as he, too, ascended into the chaos. His name, now transformed into a playful nickname, lingered in his mind as he pondered on the odd course of destiny that had led Koushin into his path.

Conversely, Kaguya, observing from a distance, allowed a snort of derision to escape her. "The sky? Your light show better be spectacular," she challenged, her voice a tantalizing mixture of skepticism and genuine curiosity.

Koushin, hovering amidst the celestial abyss, extended his arms gracefully as Blue Flames cascaded from his form, intertwining with the atmosphere around him. The scorching tendrils of energy began to react with the surrounding air in an eerily beautiful dance of power and science. By superheating the atmosphere, the moisture within it rapidly expanded, creating a tempestuous maelstrom of thick, billowing thunderclouds. Pockets of air, supercharged and unstable, began to crackle and burst with electric energy, resulting in a spectacular aerial display of lightning, punctuating the impending doom with ethereal flashes of light.

Koushin, amidst the looming shadows of the descending meteor and the scorching blue flames emanating from him, presented an ethereal figure suspended between Earth and the celestial abyss. The sky took on a vivid hue as the cascading blue tendrils intertwined with the atmosphere. Pockets of air, supercharged by his aura, were transformed into volatile, tempestuous maelstroms.

Crackling and sparking, the resultant lightning painted the heavens in brilliant white streaks, set against the backdrop of churning, inky-black thunderclouds. The entire scene was a dizzying blend of power, control, and defiance against nature’s wrath.

Koushin's gaze settled on the world below, his posture a picture of grace and precision even amidst the chaos. A calm smirk adorned his face. "You know, Kaguya, I've always been told to lighten up the mood. But this? This might be a tad bit overboard, even for me."

Kaguya, even from her vantage point, could not help but be mesmerized by the unfolding spectacle. Despite herself, she retorted, "Well, you certainly have a flair for the dramatic, don't you? Just make sure your 'light show' doesn't end up backfiring."

"Oh, trust me," Koushin responded, his voice dripping with playful sarcasm, "I've been known to be electrifying in more ways than one."

Below, Ino watched with bated breath. The sheer magnitude of what was unfolding was overwhelming. Yet, there was an underlying beauty to it all. The swirling mass of clouds, the dazzling blue flames, and the fierce bolts of lightning illuminated the sky in a visual symphony.

Kaguya’s eyes twinkled, reflecting the dazzling conflagration above, as she regarded the lively dance of the storm. "Quite a show, indeed. But not enough," she declared with a composed serenity that masked an undercurrent of anticipation.

Koushin’s chuckle fluttered through the discordant symphony of the storm, a light and hearty sound amidst the chaos. "No worries, my dear Kaguya," he reassured, an affable smile skimming his features, "I'm merely warming up." His tone was gentle, laced with a veiled conviction that contrasted the volatile skies above.

He tilted his head skyward, the electric tension of the charged clouds reflecting in his eyes, and with an almost ceremonial cadence, he inhaled deeply. A moment hung suspended in time, where the storm seemed to quell in deference to the breath held in his lungs. Then, a resonant Shout spilled forth from his very core, powerful and incisive: "STRUN BAH QO!"

A raw, visceral power emanated from his being, reverberating through the electrified atmosphere. The shout, a call of primal, draconic might, wove into the already tempestuous sky, and something shifted fundamentally within the heavens. The lightnings, once a bright, vicious white, now became imbued with a myriad of colors, each bolt a brilliant tapestry of vibrant purples, searing blues, and vivid pinks. The altered energy within them was palpable, and even Kaguya's steely demeanor faltered minutely at the magnificent, yet foreboding spectacle unfolding above.

Koushin's hands emanated an ethereal purple hue as he raised them high, the electricity dancing upon his fingers, seeming to hum and pulsate with life. With a deliberate motion, he waved his hands in a majestic arc, and as if he were painting on the vast canvas of the sky, the myriad-colored lightning bolts began to form distinct shapes, sketching out intricate characters that hovered high above for all to witness.

"Koushin loves Pumpkin."

From the ground, Ino stared at the celestial message, her heart inexplicably warming, contrasting sharply with the tense cold of the impending conflict. However, a short, involuntary laugh escaped her lips as she took in the dorky yet endearing sentiment displayed. "Really, Koushin? Now?" she mumbled, rolling her eyes with an amused huff. It was the quintessential Koushin move - breaking the tension with something unexpected and oddly sweet.

Meanwhile, Kaguya, who had been scrutinizing Koushin’s every action, felt an unexpected twinge, a sensation that she swiftly recognized as jealousy. She quickly diverted her gaze, only to catch Kakashi's eye. He waved at her, a bashful blush creeping across his face. For a fleeting moment, Kaguya's tough exterior faltered. Yet, realizing where her focus should be, she turned back towards the unfolding confrontation with renewed vigor.

Koushin's playful demeanor abruptly dissipated as he refocused on Kaguya, his face devoid of its earlier joviality. The electric energies surrounding him started to shift in tandem with his mood. What was once a spectrum of vibrant colors became more sinister. The lightning, its luminous hue once reflecting the mirth in Koushin’s heart, now took on a darker palette. The change wasn’t a simple aesthetic shift; it echoed a change in energy, purpose, and intensity. The once-colorful bolts now oozed an aura of pure power, their darker tones representing an increase in their charged state, poised and ready to unleash destruction.

The looming meteor, a colossal fiery mass, punctured Koushin's storm clouds, creating a temporary fissure of illumination. The moment was ephemeral, as the thick cumulus quickly mended itself, shrouding the sky once again in its tempestuous embrace.

Koushin raised his hand, positioning it sideways like a blade. The electric energy around him vibrated with anticipation, a reflection of the focused intensity in his very being.

The sky, filled with its roiling storm clouds and the spectacular dance of electricity, went still for a moment that felt like an eternity. Then, with the swift and decisive movement of a maestro directing an orchestra, he swung his hand downward. The heavens responded in kind. Lightning, so thick and fast that it seemed to rend the very fabric of the sky, descended with a fury upon the approaching meteor.

The sight was breathtaking. That single bolt of electricity, the handiwork of Koushin's command, collided with the gargantuan rock, transforming what once threatened devastation into a mesmerizing shower of glowing pebbles. The transformed meteor fragments rained down like shooting stars, painting the horizon with fleeting streaks of luminescence.

As the remnants of the meteor showered the earth below, creating a spectacle that seemed more akin to a celebration of life rather than a battle's climax, Koushin's silhouette hovered against the stormy backdrop. His figure was poised, exuding an aura of calm dominance over the elements he'd just harnessed.

Koushin descended slowly, meeting the ground with a soft thud. The residual sparks of energy around him fizzled out, yet the air remained charged, as if the world itself had taken a collective, anticipatory breath, awaiting his next move or word.


You can read up to 20 advanced draft chapters and the Next Checkpoint for extra chapters is missing 16 Dollars! You can now support me and have a weekly extra chapter!

patreon.com/thefanficgodN

7