Chapter 4
102 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lui Yang had followed Lei Jing into the west side of the palace where both his shifu and shidi lay sitting in the pavilion drinking tea. As he walked up to both Zhao Xui Shen and Zhang Tian he couldn't help but chuckle. He had been a bit interested in this Ming Yuan who was creative enough to detour Zhao Xui Shen attention from Lui Yang. Yet come to find out he was nothing special. The only thing 'great' about him was the classic protagonist halo.

He had that upright aura of one who lived and breathed justice. His temperament fit their master very well, as his attitude was calm and collected. The more Lui Yang stared at him the more he wanted to laugh in his face.

Upright? Calm and collected?

He was a scheming sack of shit who thought the world owed him everything just because he had a tragic up bringing. If Lui Yang remembered correctly Zhang Tian background was a young master who's family fell victim to these so called righteous sects. A war had broken out a couple years back and the family was caught in the cross fire because they supported the opposing side. Therefore rendering Zhang Tian an orphan and a bagger at the young age of 7. Trying to survive at that age was a challenge in it's self. Zhang Tian had also come to know a group of demonic cultivators and learned a bit of demonic arts, hence setting up the old Lui Yang with the devil fruit.

He hated righteous sects yet joined Zhao Xui Shen sect. Though as far as Lui Yang knew, in the book Zhang Tian had no idea Zhao Xui Shen sect wasn't a righteous one.

No one knew except for Zhao Xui Shen himself.

Since he didn't dabble in the demonic arts people figured he fell in the category of the righteous clans and sects. But he didn't. Lui Yang knew all to well that this master of his was one of the 4 demon lord's of this world. Whose intelligence was unparalleled and beyond the average understanding. On the surface he was a pristine master full of elegance and grace, a gentleman amongst gentleman. With looks that could overturn the world and anyone who looked at him.

But under all that was man full of pure wickedness, with a dislike for human kind. Why else would he chain his own disciple up for a crime he didn't commit. Watching and knowing everything that happens within these walls yet choosing to act as if he didn't know anything. As if he had no idea how deeply in love his head disciple was or how two faced and despicable Zhang Tian was and how he framed the original Lui Yang time and time again. Zhao Xui Shen knew everything, he just simply did nothing to stop it. He loved the feeling of pushing one into a dark abyss and seeing the one who trusted him the most turn dark and full of hatred from utter betrayal.

The more Lui Yang recalled former events the more he found it funny. This duo truly deserved each other.

Unbeknownst to Lui Yang who was deep in thought he hadn't realized that his master had felt them enter the garden and had been watching from a distance as both his disciples approached him. His gaze was particularly set on Lui Yang who was caught sneakily smiling to himself as his eyes shimmered in mockery. There was a complex yet detached arua that surrounded him in a way that drew people in. This was something that had never been there before.

Zhao Xui Shen eyes deepened in mystery as his thoughts remained unknown to the outside world. He silently continued to drink his tea as Zhang Tian poured himself another glass while he talked.

"Master!" Lei Jing called gleefully. "Look, Shixiong is all well now."

"Yang Er." Zhao Xui Shen glanced at Lui Yang and acknowledged him with a nod.

"Shixiong." Zhang Tian stood up and cuffed his hands as he bowed respectfully to his elder martial brother. "I'm glad to see that you're okay after everything. I was deeply worried for Shixiong."

Lui Yang said nothing and completely ignored Zhang Tian but didn't forget to put on a face full of ignition and slight anger as if he was deeply wronged.

Zhang Tian saw this and felt hurt. "Shixiong I hope your not mad at me still. I know you told me not to tell but I had to. It was for your own good."

'My good or yours?'

Wasn't he the one that gave him the fruit in the first place. This act he put on was awful, but two could play at that game.

Lui Yang glared at Zhang Tian his hatred for him showing vividly through his eyes. "My own good? Is your face not thick enough? Do you not fear heavens wrath!!"

Zhang Tian was startled. "Shixiong it's not like that. I really-"

"Shut up!" Lui Yang shouted, his body trembling in immense anger. "Don't you dare call me your Shixiong, you disgusting despicable thing!!"

"Shixiong?" Lei Jing looked at Lui Yang in shock. "Shixiong don't say that, that's too harsh."

"Harsh? What's harsh is living up under the same sun as this thing." The hatred in Lui Yang's blue eyes grew stronger, he spit venomously. "Your no shidi of mine, I don't have such a junior!"

"Yang Er, that's enough."

"But Master-"

Zhao Xui Shen sat down his tea cup and looked at Lui Yang with a gaze that was reprimanding him. "Apologize to your shidi. Under this sect we are a family. You both are my disciples." 

Lui Yang expression looked aggrieved as he began to tremble even more. He shook his head, and then he shook it again. He would not apologize to a person who had continued to humiliated him and also attempted to kill him. He would not, his pride and his bone deep hatred would not allow it. "No!'

"No? Are you rejecting your Master?" Zhao Xui Shen asked softly but his tone was serious.

"I won't do it. I won't apologize!"

"If you don't apologize right now you will receive a punishment that involves you keeping the title of head disciple."

His shifu would even go so far as to revoke his title for the person who was to blame for all this. Lui Yang could see a light flicker through Zhang Tian eyes as soon as his title was mentioned. The other couldn't hide his greed nor excitement. His facial expression wasn't very lowkey as he thought it was.

'Oh, this mischievous child.'

And his master? Lui Yang wanted to clap his hands as he was actually impressed with this situation at hand. Everyone besides his shimei was putting on a good act that was oscar worthy. Both Zhang Tian and Zhao Xui Shen acting skills were top tier. No wonder the past Lui Yang could do nothing but be wronged by every corner he turned. He just didn't have the talent in controlling his emotions. 'Such a pure child.'

"Shixiong is just a bit angry and tired." Lei Jing suggested. "He doesn't mean anything he's saying right now. Shixiong is just not feeling well that's all."

He was totally fine but who didn't like being a bit melodramatic?

Lui Yang dropped down to his knees and begged Zhao Xui Shen with pleading eye's that refused to except his current situation. "Master please, I beg you. Please don't make me do this. I can't apologize... I won't apologize."

"And why is that?" Zhao Xui Shen asked though both knew exactly why. But Lui Yang continued on with his act and pretended not to know that his shifu knew everything.

"Lui Yang." Zhao Xui Shen said his full name.

He harshly bit his lip as he refused to answer his master no matter what. He couldn't, not when he had lied and told him he found the devil fruit instead of telling him that Zhang Tian had gave it to him. It was too late, he couldn't go back on his word. And even more so he wanted revenge. He planned on killing Zhang Tian.

Lui Yang didn't look his master in the eyes as he slightly leaked out a bit of killing intent. He put his head down in hopelessness.

Zhao Xui Shen watched Lui Yang in silence. It seemed like he had imagined it, his disciple did not change at all. He was the same old Lui Yang.

On the other hand Zhang Tian patiently waited for Lui Yang's demise. The title of head disciple was already in his hands now. He didn't have to say anything else, his 'dear shixiong' did it all for him.

While all this was going on no one could see Lui Yang's real facial expression. If they did they'd be startled and on guard with him. Unlike the words and emotions Lui Yang had been showing he in fact wasn't mad in the least. His eyes that were watery and dripping with hurt and betrayal a second ago, were now completely serene and calm as an unmoving lake. His eyes were pale as the morning blue sky and deep as the bottomless ocean. He was completely detached from everything that was going on like an untouchable immortal.

Lui Yang didn't view any of this seriously. He silently waited to be denounced of his title so he could go back to and communicate with the system.

He had to form some type of understanding or plan so he could continue forward. He still was debating on how he should except his current situation. He didn't fear death and there wasn't anything he wanted, so what would the system 197 say to convince him to stay?

What Lui Yang had waited for had quickly came. "Starting today your title as head disciple has been removed. Lui Yang you must learn from your mistakes."

What mistake? The only mistake Lui Yang had committed was trusting you. A lying manipulative shifu.

Lui Yang nodded, stood up and quickly left. He pulled out his sword and rode away from both his martial juniors and Master. For a more dramatic take he decided not to head back to his room and instead went towards the back of the sect where there was a mountain forest that his martial brothers and sisters trained in. Fighting beast and finding alchemy plants.

6