Chapter 5
94 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The forest of mount high was a place situated in the further north part of the sect. It was a place full of spiritual energy with an environment suitable for exotic plants and high level beast. From time to time students would come here and practice but would only be able to stay within the outer layer of the array that Zhao Xui Shen had built for safety measures. The deeper you went inside the more dangerous it became. Though his martial brothers and sisters would use it for battle practice when fighting beast, such acts were rare cases as the danger was a bit high.

Lui Yang who was at late-stage golden core formation could easily pass by the two outer layers and be fine. He could even enter the third outer layer if he really wanted to. But he had to be extremely careful not to come across a beast his level and above or he'd be dead.

But then again it wasn't like he was truly capable of dying anyway. And because of that he momentarily ignored all warnings and entered the third outer layer. He found a clear river and sat by it, cuffing his hands together he dipped them in and began rinsing his face.

Once done he quietly glanced at his reflection. He tilted his head admiringly, though he should be shocked that the face staring back at him resembled his original by 70%. He stayed calm as he began starting what he had plan to do.

"What type of system are you?" Lui Yang asked, his tone void of any feelings. He casually crossed his legs in a meditating position and leisurely looked around.

[The Progress System.]

"Why did you bring me here?"

[To complete the assignment.]

"And what is that?"

[Your assigned the job of having all 8 Lord's of the Legion world fall in love with you.] The system's responses was direct and robotic.

"Is there an end game to this. What's the point of having them fall in love with me? Why me of all people?"

[....]

Once again the system had avoided answering.

"If you yourself don't know, it wouldn't be a crime to admit it."

[There are benefits you will receive once your assignment is complete.]

"I know that. But unlucky for you I'm not interested in anything. Money, fame, a second or third life. I have no interest in it."

[I see. But even so... give it a try.]

"Don't tell me I have some fated pair out there in the universe who needs help being awakened and that my original memories are sealed?"

If Lui Yang was right he'd be spot on. Though he only really came to this conclusion because of the novels he would read in his spare time in the office when his father wasn't down his neck about collecting debt.

He would even at times read some from work to home vise versa. He read a lot of the same genre's to not be surprised if this was the same thing that was happening to him.

[I never imagined that my host would have such a great sense of humor.]

"Neither did I." He tiredly laid down on the grass beneath him and closed his eyes. "Your doing a horrible job at convincing me to go through with any of this." Nothing was grabbing his attention at the moment and the more time passed the more he figured dying was still the answer.

[If you complete this you'll be able to pick and hand craft your next life during reincarnation. Or we can completely wipe out your existence. No reincarnation, no karma, pure extinction.]

Lui Yang opened his eyes a vague emotion showing within them. "Complete extinction? Wouldn't the same thing happen if I were to refuse now?"

[No. You can't die, so your best bet would be to suffer and experience tragic deaths again and over again by the hands of the 8 Lord's of this world. You may not fear death but there are things far worse then that. I doubt your a fan of pain."

He was a son of a man in charged of the Triad. Torturing and getting tortured was a part of the job. This system really sucked at convincing him. Nothing in this world nor of this world or any kind of world could make him do anything he didn't want to.

He slowly began pondering the benefits of his current situation and the more he pondered the more the cons out weighed the pro's. It really wasn't looking to good for this system.

"The hearts belonging to each of the 8 Lord's need to be conquered before I can leave this world?"

[Yes.]

"And there's no way I can leave before then?"

[There isn't another way.]

"I'm feeling held against my will here. This doesn't seem like a choice but more of an ultimatum."

[....] His host was smart.

Maybe he had a destine lover after all or maybe the universe needed a guinea pig. But whatever the reason may be it didn't erase the fact that he would be here for a long time and even longer if he didn't do anything.

He truly didn't see anything good in an immortal life.

'Enternal extinction...'

Lui Yang laughed. "You got yourself a deal system 197."

He quickly stood up to return but just before he could leave there was an incoming commotion from over head. He looked up and saw a body falling directly towards him at high speed. Without thinking much of it Lui Yang dived straight into the water and hid. He had no idea what was going on at this moment as he couldn't recall such a thing taken place.

Zhao Xui Shen had made plenty arrays for precaution. Who was strong enough to break it? It wasn't a student as they were prohibited from crossing the first outer layer. It had to be an intruder.

'How nice. If it isn't one thing after the other.'

Peace wasn't going to be his friend anytime soon he should get used to it by now. Oh well, he shrugged. Holding his breath Lui Yang waited patiently.

After the body crashed in the very spot he just was in another person arrived. This man unlike the man before, wasn't injured at all. In fact he appeared to be the aggressor in this situation. But Lui Yang couldn't tell for sure as he wasn't able to see nor hear anything clearly.

So he decided to wait it out. To wait until the coast was clear depending on how long he could hold his breath. At the stage he was ate he didn't need to eat he could survive with his spiritual qi. He could hold his breath for a long time and even longer if he used his qi to sustain him.

Seconds past, and then minutes past. When Lui Yang felt that half an incent had past he swam to the top and stuck his head out. Carefully he looked around and found no evidence of an intruder. And decided the coast was clear. Slowly he climbed out the river and went back on land.

From head to toe he was now soak and wet, both his hair and clothes clung to his thin body and refused to leave. Lui Yang sighed, he didn't have any incantations to dry himself so he could only finish heading back toward the sect the way he was.

His eyes narrowed as he looked around the ground and couldn't find his sword. He needed it to get back, otherwise he'd have to walk back and god knew how long that would take and how many beast he'd encounter.

This was a problem.

Lui Yang had suddenly gotten an ominous feeling that hovered over his body. His instincts was telling him that it was better to leave now than later.

He didn't hesitate anymore to leave but before he could even move, his body had stiffened. Something was bounding him in place, preventing him from even voicing his thoughts.

'Damn.'

A dark melodic voice entered his ears. "So there was someone hiding in there after all." Lui Yang frowned.

"No need to leave in a rush. You wouldn't be able to get far without your sword anyway. Come, I'll let this fellow cultivator have a chat with this senior." A low laughter rang out but Lui Yang wasn't at all smiling in this situation, as his body was forcefully turned around. A light in his eyes suddenly flickered.

'Isn't it too early for him to be appearing in this story?'

6