Chapter 9
287 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lui Yang took off his clothes and neatly folded them before slowly stepping into the cold spring. He fully submerged himself into the water and waited a whole minute before coming back up for air. Now standing naked in the middle of the spring, he couldn't help but wrinkle his brows in slight confusion.

There was a problem with his body. If the situation didn't call for it now he would have never noticed it before. The temperature of the water was freezing cold yet he didn't feel an ounce of coldness surround his skin. Not even at his current level should this be possible.

How was it that he could feel the freezing coldness on Frozen Peak even with his cultivation. But here, when he wasn't even using a drop of qi, he somehow couldn't feel a thing. His body temperature did not fluctuate at all from it's original warmth and stayed hot as the summer wind.

Something within him, had changed.

"Scan my body for any foreign substances." Lui Yang immediately ordered.

[Scanning activated in 3..2..1]

[Scanning Host's Body.]

[Scanning Complete.]

[There is a small amount of demonic energy within your dantian.]

'Demonic energy?'

"Was it leftover from the devil fruit?"

[It is possible that Zhao Xui Shen did not fully erase the demonic energy from your body.]

"Could it be that he purposely left it there?"

[Could be.]

It was Zhao Xui Shen they were talking about after all. Someone as powerful as him had accidentally overlooked such a huge mishap was unbelievable.

Of course it was intentional.

Lui Yang sat down and casually leaned backwards in the spring. His ink black hair scattered across the water like individual rivers of black silk. Some hair strands wrapped around his shoulders and dipped down his collar bone into the water. While others tranced his body and floated amongst the water. His tan skin glowed under the moon and looked enticing. But the aura that surrounded him was cold and unwelcoming. A shallow smile was contained in the corners of his lips.

He had a visitor.

He had expected the other to come at some point. Why wouldn't he when the attention was suddenly taken off of him for a whole day. He needed to remind Lui Yang of his existence.

"Shixiong, I hope you're okay now. You ran off earlier and so I just wanted to come and apologize to you."

Zhang Tian had purposely trespassed into Lui Yang's territory without permission. It would be excusable if it was Lei Jing, but Zhang Tian? He was just asking for chaos to pursue.

'Is he even trying to hide his scheming heart?'

"He just couldn't wait to terrorize his pure Shixiong. Poor me. :( 

System 197: (-_-) 'You seriously need help.'

At first when Zhang Tian came in he was a bit startled. His Shixiong had looked different. He didn't know how to explain it but it was a bit hypnotizing. The gullible and cowardly Lui Yang that he knew was no longer there it was as if he had matured into something unknown. Something beautiful yet deadly. 

He didn't know how he should feel about that. So he decided to ignore it. No one could change that quickly. His Shixiong was still a spoiled mug who was easy to manipulate and push over. Zhao Xui Shen was fully his now. No one here was a threat to him anymore.

That's what he thought. But who knew he would be dead wrong.

"You dare to even enter my quarters without permission? Even our own Master is courteous before coming in." Lui Yang's voice was low but sharp as a thousand swords. "Do you have an early death wish?"

"N-no... I- shixiong I'm just worried."

"You can't go a day without causing trouble for me, can you?" Lui Yang turned around and looked at the protagonist with eye's that could kill. As blue as they were, they now brimmed menacingly and appeared darker then usual. If one looked closer a purple hue seemed to surround his orbs. "First you frame me for petty deeds, then you trick me into eating a devil fruit, and now you act as if you care for my well being. Do you truly think I'm that stupid?"

Zhang Tian lips had quickly formed a frown in displeasure. Lui Yang's gaze sent a cold shiver down his spine. And this angered him. This shixiong of his was below him. How dare he try to intimidate him?!

"Shixiong I didn't know it was a devil's fruit. I really only wanted to help you."

"He truly thinks I'm that stupid."

[The original Lui Yang was.]

"....." Lui Yang couldn't argue with that, the system had a point. The original was just stupidly in love.

"Help me with what exactly? Help me fail, help me die? I'd say you succeeded in all the above." He looked at Zhang Tian with eyes of ridicule.

Zhang Tian was fuming but he continued to keep up the facade. "Shixiong your going too far, I understand that your mad. But I am the head disciple now, shifu approved of it. You may not agree but you have to respect it."

'Respect?'

"I don't even acknowledge you as my shidi anymore yet you foolishly believe that I'll acknowledge you as the head disciple?"

Lui Yang snickered in disgust. Standing up he climbed out the spring with all his glory fully showing, before wrapping himself up in his inner robes. He walked towards Zhang Tian and stood directly in front of him. He stood so close that the scent of cinnamon and lavender could be smelled from his pores. Even the water that dripped ever so lightly down his hair and skin could be clearly seen. The aura around him was dark and heavy.

This made Zhang Tian want to take a step back as the hair's on his body suddenly stood up. He swallowed a bit hard as his heart was beating wildly in his chess. This shixiong of his had changed, but even so he would not break.

Lui Yang's voice was low but clear. "I'll only say this once and only once. The Lui Yang you knew is dead and gone. You should do well to never forget that." 

After telling his shidi to leave and never appear in his court again he left towards his room. 

[Do you think he'd actually catch on?]

Though Lui Yang's words could be counted as vague, in the end they were all true. Both metaphorically and literally. The old Lui Yang was indeed dead and gone. 

"He isn't bright enough to assume body possession. He'll just think that the actions he had committed drove his shixiong over the edge. He'd either plan to kill me before I kill him or have me exiled."

[What if he does both.]

Lui Yang nodded in agreement. "That's plausible."

[Also host, I ment to mention this a while back but your acting is quite good.]

"What would you rate it?"

[A 10 out of 10.]

"Full scores?"

[Yes.] The system gives Lui Yang a Virtual thumbs up :)

"Poor system, you truly know how to make a man conceited. What if I get too overconfident and fail? Will you take responsibility? It'll be your fault if I become stuck here forever and why my fated pair will be trapped for all internity." {cries in sadness :'( }

System 197: \(+-+)/ *Why must host be so difficult?*

Also System 197: *And what fated pair are you talking about!! Who would ever love you?!!* (-_-)

6