MIDGARDIAN YEARS III
127 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ultron: "Peace in our time."  The walls explode, and several Iron Legion bots barge into the room. The Avengers continue fighting the bots. One of the Iron Legion bots steals the Scepter.

Avengers fight the bots, with Banner peacefully stuck down by Romanoff to avoid letting Hulk out, Steve choking one of the Legion bots, Tony trying to fight with a fork and Jim saving his head below the table.

Ultron: "That was dramatic! I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to...evolve? There's only one path to peace: The Avengers' extinction. Not you Jim, you have been good." Thor throws his hammer and destroys Ultron's body.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. Check what's gone and what's left." Jim came out of his hiding.

"Who did he kill, there was no one beside us in the building." Maria hill asked Tony.

"There was" Jim eyed Toy who knew what he meant. Stark brings up the now-destroyed 3D image of JARVIS' consciousness

"Rageful little beast your son is, Stark, Banner." Jim glanced at Bruce to answer.

Thor barges in and grabs hold of Stark by his throat, holding him up. "Easy there nephew, it's not time for a fight."

Tony Stark "Come on. Use your words, buddy." Thor "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." he continued while putting Stark down. "Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again."

Jim and Stark start laughing, Banner subtly shakes his head at him to get him to stop.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asks Tony, totally ignoring Jim's involvement.

"No. It's probably not, right? Is this very terrible? Is it so... is it so... it is. It's so terrible." Tony answered while controlling his laughter.

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor was grateful.

"No, It couldn't be." Jim corrected while picking up his coat and going outside, to his den.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Thor asked, now everyone had their attention on Jim.

"It could not be avoided, the Nine realms are moving forward at their inevitable ruin, excuse me as now I have to complete the Elder scroll six quests, can't waste my investment in Bethesda now can I?" Thor came close to Jim and grabbed his shoulder, "Explain!" he shouted.

"What? End of the nine realms? I had long since known about that, it's on the horizon. Why would you think I would place importance in literature and arts when I could play prince-prince with you all the time?"

"So it is true! Father knew your behavior was strange after your seventh name-day. Why had you not divulged its information to us?"

"Because no one asked, in fact I was close to telling steve when he made the conjecture that I was dying?"

"No one asked? No one asked- is this your explanation for the massacre of trillions of beings in the nine realms?" Thor was raging, ready to fight Jim. Everyone in the room was following each word in the conversation between the two.

"Inevitable is supposed to mean something what was I supposed to do when we had a 2.93% chance of winning with me interfering in the events that would come to play? Without it you had a 0.0000072% fighting chance, so I obviously backed away, enjoying my life for what little I have."

Everyone was surprised,, they would have ignored it if anyone had called it, but the one saying this was one of the, if not the brightest being in the Nine realms.

The next twenty minutes passed as Jim explained his reasoning after which everybody was silent.

"So Allfather is dying?" Thor asked with a solemn expression.

"He is old, he might have been strong but age caught up to him. Even if he is weak now, everyone is waiting as they know his death is close, the sole reason why no one has already launched an invasion."

"How did you calculate the chance of us losing with whatever is to come?" this time Tonyt asked.

"You do understand the Multiverse theory right?" Tony nodded.

"Actually it is more basic than it is known to you humans, you see every second trillions of multiverses are formed, connected to one dot in the omniverse." he continued "Take this for an example if I chose While I am drinking water, I drank one sip and in the other scenario I drank two sips and boom there we have two different universes. Every single decision of every single being makes a universe of its own and add this to trillions of living beings, plants, humans, bugs, aliens and you have innumerable multiverses in making."

"The butterfly effect and the Multiverse theory are one and the same."

""" Just for someone who watches all the universes, every instance at the same time.""" Tony BAnner and Jim spoke together, understanding the meaning of Jim's every word.

"I just calculated 14,000.606 scenarios, and you all had only one chance of winning. Now there are many more scenarios but this event was making one large common event for me to take any chance, so I indulged myself in things I find amusing for the rest of my time."

"You are a coward! Why have you not told this before, at least to the Allfather? Where is your loyalty to Asgard and its civilians! to earth? Is this what amounts to the wisest being" Thor was grateful.

"Wait." Steve and Tony said at the same time, staring at each other while coming at Jim.

"What needs to be done? You will tell us at least that if you already have given up?" Tony asked

"No harm in that, I wish you luck in your fight but don't expect me to have a major hand in your activities, my time is mine. I do not want to fight, I want to live with what I already have."

"We won't, you should have the right to do that much," Tony answered, which came surprising to Thor and the rest as he is one who you would not expect to be calm at a time like this.

"It's actually very easy, do not let the Avengers be controlled by someone, the U.N, or the govt. of the US, Do not let the Avengers be broken, Safeguard the infinity stones as far as you could or use them to fight what is coming or break them- your choice, and finally, do not let the man named Tony Stark die." Jim closed his monologue.

"The stones cannot be broken!" Thor stated.

"They can be erased out of existence if you have a reality manipulator."

"Why are you not fighting against uncle? We have much more chance if you pull yourself together! Where is our Asgardian chivalry?" Thor was literally shouting every sentence.

"Look I am all in for sacrifice in the name of the greater good, but I believe that one only has his own life that he could sacrifice, others are not his to end. If the time comes I am all in to be the sacrificial hero, but the rest of my time is for me and me only. Let me give you one piece of advice, If you want just bring all the stones together, I would snap all the threats that could be dangerous to us."

"What are the stones you are talking about, and where are they?" Steve asked

0