Hei vs. Feng Chen – 3
105 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 227 - Hei vs. Feng Chen - 3

Blaze!

One of Feng Chen's wings overlapped between his head and Hei's arms. The wing, despite being made up of fire and flames, was incredibly heavy and sturdy. Therefore it could also act as a defensive shield in case of need.

BOOM!

Under the incredulous eyes of Feng Chen and the spectators who were watching, Hei's hammer-arms broke the red-gold wing, spreading the flames all around. However, despite paying a high price, Feng Chen had managed to distance himself and regain his clarity.

"Phoenix Blast!"

Using the last remaining wing, Feng Chen recreated the fiery wind that had previously blown Hei away. However, this time, it didn’t have the same effect shown earlier as Hei could now counter Feng Chen's flames.

BOOM!

Using his arms' twisting motion and flexibility, each stroke gained greater momentum, enough to easily blow Feng Chen's wind away.

Whoosh!

Seeing his flames being blown away like that, Feng Chen ascended to the sky once again. His face wore a frown from the precarious situation he was in.

'My attacks don't hurt him. The power behind his technique is so insane. Furthermore, the triple protection he put on his arms keeps my flames from getting through.

Of all my techniques available, only two have enough power to hopefully beat Hei's attack power: Phoenix Descent and Phoenix Breath. If I concentrate enough spirit power, my Phoenix Descent can break his technique. At that point, I would be left with enough spirit power for a short Phoenix Breath.'

While Feng Chen devised his battle plan, Hei continued to rotate on himself, not to disperse the momentum gained from his arms. But his eyes were fixed on his prey high in the sky.

'Yours is not a state that you can maintain for much longer. Before the intensity of your flames drops, you will try to finish it once and for all. Come. I wait for you. My Spider Style and my Snake Style won't lose to your flames.'

"PHOENIX DESCENT!"

Feng Chen mustered as much spirit power as he could handle. Then, on his back, his broken wing reformed once again. Then, the two wings joined forward, forming a single body, before Feng Chen descended at full speed towards the ground.

Hei, who was waiting for him, started spinning as fast as he could. He was ready to receive the full impact of Feng Chen's technique, whatever the cost.

BLAZE! BOOM!

Wings and arms crashed into each other, creating a crazy roar and spreading flames everywhere. The spectators in the stands were shocked at this sight. They thought they had a deep understanding of Hei's abilities by now, but once again, Hei had surprised them.

"Phenomenal. I thought that against my son, he had already revealed all his power but apparently, I was wrong. While he doesn't have a dark-type bloodline, his unusual techniques allow him to bridge that gap, matching your child's flames. I wonder where the hell did he learn such techniques to succeed in such a feat without using a bloodline." commented Hu Luoyang as he watched the scene unfolding on the combat stage.

Feng Qing didn’t answer. Instead, his eyes were focused on his son, Feng Chen, and he was no longer paying attention to what was around him.

'Chen'er. You inherited the sword of the First Family Head. You can do it. I know you can do it.'

Meanwhile, on the battlefield, the flames had finally subsided so that everyone could see what was happening.

Two meters away from each other, Hei and Feng Chen stood facing each other. Both faces were pale white due to the blood they had lost and the degree of extreme fatigue they felt. Even so, they were far from declaring surrender.

'This is the end ...' thought Feng Chen as he struggled to concentrate all the spirit power he had left.

His heart was beating wildly from the strain he was undergoing as his legs trembled, struggling to hold him. Even so, he still managed to muster the forces needed for one final attack - the one that would decide whether he would win or lose.

Feng Chen's wings reformed once again but were less impressive than before. Their length was much shorter, not even reaching half a meter. The intensity of their flames paled when compared to those of before. However, considering the state he was in, the very fact that he could use the Phoenix Breath was astonishing.

"Snake Coiling, Flesh Ball!"

Seeing the wings disappear into Feng Chen's mouth, Hei recognized what move his opponent was about to use. By bending his legs and body as much as he could around his arms, Hei transformed into a ball of flesh ready to withstand the impact of the flames. Spider Carapace armor and the pitch-black layer from the Darkness Darkness were still present, albeit on the verge of collapse. Instead, the layer of hair that once formed Snake Hair's defense had dissolved in the exchange from before.

'I still don't have enough experience with Spider Carapace to form full body armor. My limit is only up to two limbs. But it doesn't matter; it's better this way. If I were to expand the area to be protected, I couldn't cover such a large area with my Darkness Law's comprehension level. By wrapping myself up, I should be able to protect my whole body by using my arms as cannon fodder. However, I'm afraid this will have some repercussions on my back.

Sorry, Mia, Lilian, Mareo, Haruno. But Feng Chen isn’t an opponent I can beat if I don't give my all. So I can only hope that the effort isn't too much for my back to bear.'

“Instead of attacking, he chose to defend himself. This was a choice derived from deep confidence in his abilities and a careful analysis of his and his opponent's condition. It isn’t a choice that everyone would make, especially if you aren’t a martial artist specialized in defense." said Principal Long Jing waiting for the outcome of this exciting battle.

"Phoenix Breath!" Feng Chen proclaimed.

BLAZE!

Red-gold flames escaped from his mouth, forming the shape of a phoenix. This phoenix spread its wings and landed on the ball of flesh that was lying on the ground.

Peng!

Hei's spear that had been on the sidelines landed behind its owner's back, crashing into the floor.

“Since he has to concentrate totally on defense, he cannot move his spear. But rather than leave it on the ground, he placed it behind him so as not to be jolted by Feng Chen's Phoenix Breath. At the same time, having the spear behind his back allows him to have a constant point of reference and not lose his sense of direction in that sea of ​​flames." Long Tian was also watching the fight with extreme attention. His eyes were fixed on Hei, wondering if he would actually hold out until the end.

Crack! Crack!

There were two sounds of something breaking. But when the second noise rang out, the flames also ended their course, revealing the hidden ball of flesh.

Step!

The ball of flesh rose, revealing Hei's figure. He took the spear behind his back using one of his feet and inserted the shaft of his spear between his teeth. From his actions and the charcoal black appearance of his arms, it could be concluded that he could not use his upper limbs. Even so, though, his eyes held a bright light as they were fixed on the opponent in front of him.

Feng Chen was also standing. His hands held his red-gold sword, but other than that, there were no signs of reaction to Hei's advance. It was as if he was still. If it weren’t for the slight movements of his chest and mouth due to his labored breathing, one might have believed that he had passed out on his feet.

2 meters ... 1.5 meters ... 1 meter ...

When they were half a meter away, Feng Chen finally moved. Using his last strength, he tried to hit Hei. However, the latter interposed his spear, gritting hard with his teeth to resist the blow.

Peng!

The sword and spear collided. Both possessed an incredibly lower power than that shown before, but this exchange of attacks was more intense than all those exchanged before.

However, the spear eventually gave way. Hei let go with his teeth, and his weapon fell to the ground with a thud. But it did its job: Feng Chen's attack had lost its momentum, and the young man could only lightly scratch Hei's left leg.

“Nightmare Spider Bloodline, Activate! Poison Law + Chameleon Tongue, Poisonous Spiderweb Saliva!"

Suddenly, Hei activated his bloodline, and then a purplish-white substance came out of his mouth. This substance was incredibly sticky, so much that it instantly stuck to Feng Chen's face, who fell to the ground on his back. At the same instant, Hei fell to the ground on his side. Soon after, however, he began to squirm as if he were having convulsions.

Blargh!

More white-purplish substance leaked from his mouth, but rather than being saliva-like as the one before, it was more like vomit.

Seeing this, the majority of the spectators made expressions of disgust. After all, it wasn't a pretty sight to see someone throwing up. Others wondered if Hei was okay and turned to Song Yazhu, who was the referee. It wasn't normal for someone to throw up like that, especially in the middle of a fight.

Song Yazhu, however, didn’t react and remained in his seat with his arms folded. He didn't have the slightest hint of wanting to step in and check what was going on.

Seeing this, the spectators turned back to the fighting stage and found that little by little, Hei's substance/vomit was moving towards Feng Chen as if it had a life of its own. It started with wrapping Feng Chen’s legs and then moving up, covering his entire body.

Blaze!

Feng Chen tried to ignite more flames, but by now, his spirit power was exhausted. Furthermore, what little substance he had burned had become poisonous smoke, making his situation even more difficult.

It was at that point that Song Yazhu intervened.

"The winner is Hei!"

As soon as he proclaimed Hei as the winner, Song Yazhu approached Feng Chen and dissipated the substance that held him captive. The young man had fainted and showed no signs of movement. However, he was still alive and didn’t show life-threatening conditions.

Hei also wasn’t in imminent life-threatening condition. Instead, compared to the fight against Hu Jie, his injuries were less complicated. However, he had consumed a greater amount of spirit power and was in a severe state of dehydration due to the loss of fluids from this last move.

Without wasting a moment, Lilian and Mia took the stage to retrieve Hei, who could not stand, let alone walk. Together they brought him back to the space dedicated to the fighters to provide the necessary care.

Meanwhile, the audience finally broke into applause as they realized what had happened. Incredibly, that vomiting was part of a technique. And although there was some debate on the way of execution, it couldn’t be denied that it had had its effectiveness.

“With this victory, Hei beat both the representative of the Hu Family and that of the Feng Family. Although he had the advantage against Hu Jie Hei because of his Laws, it was the opposite in this fight. Feng Chen had the advantage of the Laws, and yet despite this, Hei still won."

“Yes, there is no doubt that his level undoubtedly places him among the strongest of the younger generation. No, considering his young age and what he has accomplished, shouldn't he be included in the Best Generation? "

"I agree. If it had only been Hu Jie, one might have talked about the newcomer's luck. But now Feng Chen has lost too…."

As the other onlookers talked, Feng Qing finally came out of his isolation. He let out a sigh and told the two next to him," Chen'er fought with all his might, but he lost anyway. It wasn't luck, carelessness, or dirty tricks. Chen'er lost in a fair fight while giving his all. There's nothing more I can say about it."

"Don't pull such a long face. Defeats are useful for young martial artists, especially at this young age. You will see that your son will be able to ascend to the sky and rise higher than before. The same goes for my Jie. Knowing him, now he must be full of euphoria after seeing such a fight." cheered Hu Luoyang.

"Luoyang is right. Without defeat, there is no growth. Otherwise, one day you might hit a wall too thick and not be able to withstand the impact." Principal Long Jing also gave his opinion as he mentioned to Song Yazhu to announce the next fight.

Long Tian vs. Lian.

 
2