Azazel’s Past (part-2)
392 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read ahead or support my work take a look at my Patron :-

Patron . com / glorius_simp (of course without gaps and right spelling.)

Now please enjoy And don't forget to collect your thankies at the end of the chapter.

______________________________________________

"Wait-wait-wait, how come I've never heard of it before? I don't think they exist now?" Mathew suddenly interrupted.

"Ah, well, I was just getting to that part." Azazel continued.

"As I was saying, I took pride in it, but only at the beginning, as after a few years I started having second thought about it. And soon I found myself sad and very annoyed. Sad about the thousands of mortals I had to guide to heaven.

And annoyed because humans were pathetically weak they didn't have had any proper weapons to protect themselves even from those beasts who were weaker than then and sufficient food to survive in winters, I asked my (Creator) many times to help them, but he just said that there is no need to think about it anymore, but I couldn't stay still and watch them die so pathetically. 

And then one day he suddenly told me there was no need to guide the souls anymore, as it was just to make our faction known and convert more mortals to our devotees. Can you believe this he used like a brand ambassador or something without any pay" Azazel said with anger visible on his face?.

"After knowing that the job I took pride in was just for show, and I was more like a salesman rather than a death reaper, I locked myself in my workshop to cool my head off, my mind was diverted back to the humans I had met before and after contemplating for a month or two, I chose to ignore my Creator's warning and taught humans about forging, I taught them about traps and strategies for hunting, and I taught them how to use stones and bricks to make shelter, but I made a mistake at that them, at that time I didn't know they would use those weapons to fight each other, those traps to kill other humans and the shelter to make factions. But you know what? I'd still do it if given a second chance. Even though he called us his children, but we, as well as humans, were probably nothing more than convenient tools and in his eyes."

'Yup, a top-tier hypocrite indeed.' Mathew nodded his head in agreement to his statement, Azazel continued.

"It was then the seed of doubt was planted in my mind. No." He shook his head. "It was there already when I heard the news of my brothers and sister's constant deaths while performing those insane tasks given by our so-called father. I just refused to acknowledge it…" Azazel further continued. " Then the first generation of devils, led by the brightest star or at least that's all of us called him at that time, led a rebellion. When I saw my brother fighting and killing each-others, when I had to do the same, I couldn't understand why it was all happening, and I was lost… It was then I found her." Azazel said, while staring at the distance. His voice contained a ting of longing, he continued.

"Her name was soteria and true to her name, she was like a ray of salvation to me. Just by being near, I felt at peace. It was truly a good time. But alas, my creator didn't like it, he said I'd (fall from grace) if I loved her. But I am sure he could have done something to help me if he truly cared about us like he claimed. He just wanted us to stay being his obedient tools." Azazel then looked at Mathew and Vali and after checking their reaction, he continued.

"It was the first time that, I not only disobeyed his order but even stood up against him. Even after his warning, I didn't falter, others who were also fed up with him joined me as we (fell from the grace) and as if to validate my (fall) I was bestowed with the power of temptation, and another power born from my hatred for him, But I didn't care about all that and after our fall we then went to the village she resided and became its protectors. The villagers were at guard against us in the beginning but soon they accepted us, we were living a truly happy lives, we could be more honest with our emotions after all." Azazel chuckled as if he were once again lost in his fond memories.

"..."/ "..." Both Mathew were still silent. Mathew was lost in his (Eureka moment) as if he finally found a missing piece of the puzzle and Vali had a conflicted look. He was experiencing all sorts of emotion at the same time. He could relate to Azazel as he also didn't have any pleasant memories of his real father.

"Every day she gave me so much happiness but (That day) was the one when I was most happy since I was created, the day my first child, Azrael was born. He was truly a bright child, he was a very responsible and active type of child, I thought how nice it would be if I could just love like that. But alas, things never go the way you want them, by the time he turned 10, the civil war that the first devil had started turned into (the great war) that engulfed the whole earth, regardless of wherever we went, we couldn't avoid it. The war that started for the throne of heaven ended up becoming the something entirely else. Some factions joined the war because they shared some hostility with my creator, some joined because their enemy faction had become a part of the war, and some joined just because they were bored. All in all, it was chaos, which took everything away from me. My family, my new home, everything. I got thirsty for revenge and lost myself in that madness called (the great war) too. But when it finally ended, when that person who was the main reason of this war was defeated, it was only then I realized how expensive and precious peace was." Silence took over the surrounding of the three, once again. Mathew was too shocked to say anything and Vali didn't know how he should react.

'I see, so that's why he is such a pacifist. But what about his second power?'

“Father, you forgot to mention about your second power and who defeated your creator.”

Azazel smiled bitterly and answered, "Let's talk about it next time, it's getting late already. And Mathew, you are going to get a good surprise tomorrow." Azazel said with a knowing smile on his face as he constructed a teleportation circle.

"Huh…? What are you talking about??"  

'What did he do now!!' Though Mathew had a bad feeling about (The Surprise) he could only pray that he won't go overboard this time.

______________________________________________

As always thank you guys for Power stones, collections Views, likes, And comments.

P/S :- I am super grateful for the power stones you guys provided me with. I will try to work harder from now on, so please keep supporting me. 

PLUS THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR 500 K VIEWS!

16