Wrapped like a mummy
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“My body huuurts…..” My body is sooo soreee. Right now I’ve been literally wrapped inside of a cocoon of bandages. And I also remember that one of my legs is broken! My right leg is in a cast; raised and wrapped with even more bandages so I don’t accidentally hurt myself or move.

In fact, the only things that aren’t cocoon is my left arm and my face. Added is the fact that the bandages aren’t very flexible, by the words of that doctor; ‘Its infused with herbs that has the side effect of making it rigid’.

That literally means I literally cannot move my body! The only exception is my single left arm. This is so uncomfortable, and Apita, that damn fox. He has been laughing at my expense for the last couple of days. Making fun of me and my cocoon.

 And most importantly, I’m going to die from boredom! Thank my mana friends that I have an interesting tiefling roommate.

“Hehe, it still hurts? Aww who’s a little baby, little kitty that can’t move. Hehe, come on little baby, I’m waiting for you to do something. Hehe”

Speaking of which…. Ms Amy is currently with me playing a duelling card game against me, and she’s winning! Like how? We literally came up with this game yesterday, and she finished carving the card into wood just a couple hours ago. It’s a brand-new game! And I purposely gave myself some cheat ability cards to win.

Her deck is not even that powerful, her attacking cards’ total damage count is the amount of damage one of my cards has.

“How is your team is still alive? My team is made up of three high damage dealers.” Three out of three of my attackers can reduce the health of hers drastically in a single attack! How the mana is all three of her card’s alive and I only have one left!? Whatever, i'll still win.

“I consume my water orb to double my wavesurfer ghostray’s attack and deal extra piercing damage for one turn. Then, my wavesurfer ghostray uses it’s attack ‘Ectoplasm fish wave’ to deal five water damage to all your cards! 10 water damage and 3 piercing damage after the water orb’s effect. Take that!”

I listed my turn with confidence. With this one turn, I will flip the table one her! No way she can turn this on me.

My opponent crosses her arms, a devil’s grin spreading on her face. It screamed ‘I’m gonna crush you’ energy, uh oh. I am going to get squashed.

“Hehe, My furnace spirit has the conduit card attached. All damage is funnelled into him, water damage triggers his ability ‘Vaporise’; hehe, your water becomes steam and damages you, costing three more hit points, my nursefish’s ability allows my furnace spirit to survive with one health.

Hehe also, since you attacked, the thorn debuff activates and deals two damage. Killing your card, I win.”

“W-what? How!? How did you win without even one of your card’s going down! Y-you must be cheating!” What the hecko. What did she do!

Is she really just that skilled? Was my instinct wrong?

“Hehe, you just need to get better. I think you need to think about tactics more, hehe. You can keep these, here.” A smug smile plastered on her face. I'm going to get her for this.

She stacked the cards together and threw them at me, with my condition right now…. That meant they just flopped besides me. Well at least I can play with these another time, even though we only used sixteen of the cards, there were actually forty-five of these thin wooden cards.

Man, these cards really are intricate; they’re so thin yet so detailed! I won’t be surprised if she managed to place a spell on these.

“Hyup! Hehe, Let’s see…. What song should I play? Hehe, you know what? I should make a new one! I’ve had enough of having to play these boring songs about lovers and all that junk, why isn’t there a land version of a sea shanty! They are so fun to sing!”

My roommate/caretaker jumped to her bed above me, immediately I heard a drum playing from her. And somehow a violin at the same time, was she using one hand for each?

“Apita, can you place them in our bag, please.” “Yip” Don’t think I can’t hear you griping about me. I can’t even move! And these couple days all I see you do is just sleep. You have no right to call me lazy.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him grabbing the cards with his teeth and inserting them inside the bag. Well at least he helps me even if it comes with complaints. Yeah, thanks Apita.

“Hey what are you doing, fox. Hey do not do that! Don’t sit on my face! Mhnm*muffled*.”

“*Prfft sfx* ”  “Ack agh! Why did you have to do that!”  “Hihihi”

That damn fox just farted in my face. What did you eat during breakfast!? I need to blow it away.

“Wind gust.” Huuu thankfully I can use wind magic even if it’s kind of weak. Hm? You’re going to into your spirit form? Okay. Yea yea, love you too.

With a final quip my companion turned back into his spirit mana form. From a solid animal into untouchable velvet mana that was unique to him, but from other’s perspective they would just see normal mana since they aren’t his contractor like me. They don’t even see a spike in fire mana somehow, he says that was because his mana disguises itself.

Wait am I also hearing piano notes right now. My eyes drifted upwards to see Ms Amy, and not betraying my expectation that she was doing something weird; she was upside down. She sat crossed legs on the ceiling, her shoulder length hair flowing away from the ceiling.

There was three upside down instruments floating around her; drums, a violin and a mini piano. Huh, guessed she made a piano too, it looks brand new. Yup, she handmade those two other instruments too. I remember all the dust that got on me then, at least she helped clean me up.

“Hehe, Etta! I need a starter verse. Something cheery y’know, that’ll get the body moving dancing. Hehehe but make it unique! I don’t want no copycat lyrics; this will be a song of its own!”

“Uhh… Maybe ‘The walls we left behind’? “

“Ah yes! That could do it, perhaps ‘Something something wave to our friends as the walls are left behind something’ That should do it! My brain is tingling!”

Immediately she began using one of her feather’s to write on a paper; or should I say burn words into the paper judging from the fact she isn’t using ink and is instead using fire mana. Wow that’s really hard to do, I need to learn how to do that.

Now what should I do, I can’t actually move so no doing anything that includes moving even a finger. Mr Henry told me to do something right? What was it again, medoti— no, medita— not that either, ah, it’s meditation! Yeah he definitely said I needed to try meditating.

Okay, first thing first calm down. Empty your mind. No thoughts. No thoughts. Not even about that delicious burrito. Inner peace………

. -- .--. - -.-- / .... . .- -..

……—……—………—………—………………—………..

.--. . .- -.-. .

.. .----. -- / ... - .-. ..- --. --. .-.. .. -. --. / - --- / -- . -.. .. - .- - . .-.-.- / .... --- .-- / -.. --- / .--. . --- .--. .-.. . / -.- . . .--. / ... .. .-.. . -. - .-.-.-

……—……………………—……………—………………—………—………….

. -- .--. - -.-- / .... . .- -..

. -- .--. - -.-- / .... . .- -..

——…………—………—………—………………—………..

AAAH! I can’t take this! How the mana are monks even able to do this! It’s so hard, it’s harder than trying to think about only one thing. Thinking about not thinking and an empty head is technically thinking.

Huff… huff… huf….

Maybe I just need something to focus on instead of focusing on absolutely nothing. Alright, let’s focus on recovering mana.

I felt the calm and soothing sensation of mana entering and collecting inside my body, cleaning the impurities out of the mana and churning it into a usable form. It slowly transformed from an alien substance to a familiar friend, ready to help my needs.

I’m getting frustrated, I could feel that the way I’m doing is a correct way, but a horribly wrong at the same time. I was just letting mana go into my body freely and waiting for it to collect inside my core, its too slow.

But I don’t know how to do it better, I know for a fact that there is a better way. Ms Aria, the monks, or even the goblin warrior I fought a long time ago used something better; I could feel it when I looked back to my memories of them.

Right now I can’t do anything. I don’t know enough to do anything; I need to learn from someone or something. Still, I’m replenishing my supply and that’s all that matters, as long as the chore gets done.

Haihh…… I can’t wait for my body to heal.

0