Chapter 28
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Franka

 

Guests frolicked in the ballroom. Servants handed champagne glasses filled with sweet blood and an orchestra played cheerful music. In addition, there was normal sparkling wine and sparkling wine, which was mixed with sheep's blood. Franka's best friend Malea danced with the son of a very respected family. Franka watched her from her seat next to the queen. The nobility celebrated that the succession to the throne was now fixed. There had been a big toast to Franka's well-being.

The royal family watched the celebration from a tribune, which stood slightly elevated at the edge of the hall. Across from the balcony of the small orchestra.

The Kind had held a speech. Of course, in his long speech, with which he had honoured the guests, the king also recalled Kevina's and Telman's loss. But most of all, he bragged about how proud he and the queen were of Franka. And this until an elderly vampire fell asleep while standing and fell over. The king took this as an opportunity to spontaneously end his excessively long speech. The sleepy vampire now staggered around drunkenly between the dancing ones and tried to convince some men to hand him their lady until a few servants took care of him.

Franka was wearing her new dress. The fabric shimmered solemnly in the light of the many candles. She watched the dancers and wondered if, one day, she would be a good queen for them. Coletta, too, was wearing her new ball gown. Bored, she plucked at the fine lace at the hem of her sleeves.

The king and queen beamed with pride. Again and again the queen patted Franka's hand. Her stepfather, mother and Coletta sat next to the king. As the family of the official heir to the throne. The king spoke softly to his son, who answered only sporadically. Franka's uncle, his wife Käthe and Heinrich sat behind them. Nadi and Käthe didn't look particularly happy. They disliked the choice.

Prince Tenner was dressed simply. A suit that reflected his grief. But now, after the official announcements of the ball, he and Martha retired to mourn in peace. Kevina and Telman's funeral had taken place nine days ago. The two had been buried very quietly, in the close circle of the family. Telman's parents did not like this, but they had to abide by protocol. And although the whole family was grieving, they tried to enjoy a cheerful ball. Telman's parents did not show up.

Coletta's little bar adventure was a favorite topic of conversation among the nobility, but this did not bother the young princess. She was the first to leave the tribune to mingle with the dancers.  She celebrated getting all the attention. Just now, the son of a baron dared to ask her to dance. Coletta was happy to do so.

Franka watched as her sister eventually changed her dance partner several times. Sighing, she sipped her third glass of the blood-infused sparkling wine.

"Princess?" Heinrich got up from his seat and came over to her. He grinned mischievously. "Would you dance with me?" He, too, had already enjoyed several glasses. But it wasn’t noticeable.

"Oh!" Delighted, she handed her glass to the servant, who provided the royal family with drinks and canapés. "Gladly!" He nodded and drank her champagne secretly.

The two mingled with the guests, which the king and queen saw as an opportunity to do the same. And so, the two danced happily and in love, as on the day of their wedding. Franka enjoyed the sight as she floated through the hall laughing with Heinrich. In doing so, she accidentally stepped on Heinrich's foot. He endured it with dignity until she made him stumble. Laughing, the two held on to each other. Heinrich looked into her eyes with red cheeks. Franka licked her lips dreamily. He kissed her.

Of course, the kiss did not go unnoticed. The nobles around them cheered. Malea jumped with excitement, pouring her champagne over her previous dance partner's expensive suit. The young man cried out surprised. But Malea was no longer interested in him. She ran to Franka to congratulate her and Heinrich. Embarrassed, Franka hid her face in Heinrich's silky shirt, which Malea found particularly funny. She asked him if he had a secret hiding place in his shirt. For embarrassed princesses. Heinrich replied that he only had such a hiding place for Franka.

Franka's grandparents had also watched the kiss.

"When is the wedding?", the queen called to the two of them, cheerfully and slightly slurring.

"Tomorrow!", Heinrich replied, stroking Franka's light hair.

"We're invited, aren't we?", asked the king, tripping over his own feet. "Oh!"

Franka left her 'hiding place' and turned to her grandparents. "No! We're running away!"

The crowd laughed and cheered. Franka kissed Heinrich's cheek, still embarrassed. But then, she remembered something. "But, Heinrich! You don't want to be king!"

"Only by your side!", he said, whirling her through the air. "Then, I don't mind."

"Cheeeeeeeers!", cried the queen, who was just as drunk as the two of them. (Just like the servant who had handed them the drinks. He secretly drank all the half-full glasses of sparkling wine left on the tribune.)

The ball was a complete success. Days later, the nobles would still tell of the wonderful night.

 

Bild

Cheers! Long live the Princess!

0