RDD 78
259 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RDD 78

"Roman and Sophia, I have gifts for you."

"Yay!"

The children were excited when they heard they were getting presents. 

Santiago took out a cardboard box from his pocket. The box has so many holes in it. 

.... Wait a damn minute.

"Wow!"

"Cute!"

Sophia and the other girl squealed as they saw five chicks coming out of the box. 

"Santiago, did you carry five baby chicks all the way to Cavite?"

"Yes, I heard that kids like baby chicks so I decided to bring some." He scratched his head sheepishly. 

"I see..."

"Well, if they don't like chickens, I also brought little ducklings."

"..."

He pulled out another box and let the ducklings get some fresh air. Suddenly, the living room became harmonious as the cries of the chickens and ducklings resounded. 

The three children watched the little birds with excitement. Of course, the little birds are adorable. 

Even Sophia giggled as she fed them with the food Santiago brought. 

I don't know what to say, Santiago brought something unexpected. 

"Honey, you're here."

Penelope heard our noise. She came out of the kitchen in an apron. 

"I'm cooking a dish. How about a taste?"

"Thank you, honey."

"Santiago, I see you brought something for the kids. Thank you."

"Y- Yes, Sister!"

Penelope and Santiago were 8 years apart. I heard from my wife that she used to take care of Santiago and she always spanked him because Santiago is mischievous. He always swims in the river no matter what. 

Maybe that's why Santiago respects his sister. A bit afraid of her. 

Maybe that's why Penelope didn't like Santiago living in our house. Because she knew that she was a terror. 

Anyway, they are siblings and they love each other. 

"Sir... Can I have this duckling and this chickling?"

Suddenly, the little girl from next door approached us and asked for the baby birds.

"Can big sister have them? Dajjy?"

Sophia joined in, asking me too.

"You should ask Santiago."

"Sophia, Roman. I gave you these baby birds and you can do whatever you want with them... But don't kill them, at least not now, do you understand?"

Santiago replied... .

I think the kids had no idea regarding killing these cute birds. 

"Yes!"

"Then it's your choice if you want to give the birds or not."

"Then I want to give two baby birds to big sister." Sophia said her decision. 

"I don't want to give mine."

Roman looked at the little girl next door and said it straight out.

"Huh!"

The little girl next door scoffed at Roman. Looks like these two kids are having a not so friendly interaction. 

"Charlotte, would you like to eat with us? I made burgers." Penelope joined in. 

"Thank you, Auntie."

Ah, so her name is Charlotte. 

I nodded after hearing her name. 

Charlotte is the daughter of a pilot and a doctor. Her family is rich. 

Charlotte has a personal maid, but I can't see her personal maid right now.

"Nanny Bantot didn't like taking care of me. She used to give me cookies when I'm hungry. She always uses the phone to talk to her boyfriend."

"..."

Did Charlotte just drop a bomb? 

Anyway, the three kids are having a good time. They played with the baby birds while Penelope prepared the burger. 

"Honey, your recipe is interesting. Where did you get it?"

"It's from an old recipe book in my parents' house."

"I see. This is my first time making a burger, so please give me your honest opinion."

"Honey, no matter what dish you cook, it will always be delicious."

"You and your playful tongue."

She pinched my cheek. 

So our lunch was hamburgers.

To be honest, I didn't trust the recipe. It's a simple burger recipe, and there's nothing unique about it. 

I opened my mouth and took my first bite...

"Delicious."

I muttered. 

Not only me, even the kids were shocked when they tasted the food.

Santiago and Penelope were also shocked. 

"Wow, so this is what a burger tastes like!"

It seemed that this was the first time Santiago had eaten a burger. 

"Uncle, this burger is tastier than what we ate in the restaurants."

Roman declared, staring at his plate. 

After we finished the whole burger, we all stared at Penelope. 

"I'm sorry, I only made one for everyone." She blushed. 

Just like her, I was shocked that a simple recipe could bring explosive flavor to my tongue. 

"Brother-in-law, you want to sell burgers with this recipe?"

"That's right."

"I think you'll be successful."

I can see that Santiago means it. 

After lunch, the kids return to their usual scenes, playing around.

Roman is reading a book on quantum physics, while Sophia and Charlotte are playing with the baby birds... Wait. 

"Roman, do you understand what you're reading?"

"I understand some of them."

The fact that he understands some of them is amazing. 

"Santiago, since you brought these chicks and ducklings, you have the responsibility to make a cage for them." Penelope said to Santiago. 

"I understand, sister."

"Honey, Santiago is our guest. You don't have to tell him to make a cage-- That's right, Santiago, I think you have to make a cage for the ducklings and chicklings. We don't want them running around at night. I am going to buy some wood tomorrow, maybe you can come with me.

I instinctively agreed when I saw my wife staring at me with her bright crimson eyes. I can't refuse her when she's like this.

"Don't worry, brother-in-law, I know how to make a cage for the birds."

Santiago, we made the pens for the ducks and chickens together. Of course I know what you can do.

In the afternoon, Charlotte returned to her home. Her pets have to stay with us for a few days while she talks to her parents. 

She is a lively girl and it looks like Sophia has made a great friend.

4