RDD 67
594 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to dmf!]

RDD 67

My brother and I realized that we were getting childish with this threat. 

Sean coughed and looked at me seriously. 

"Keith, you need to take this seriously. You're already a father. Think about it carefully. This is my phone number, contact me as soon as you make a decision. I don't care what the answer is, as long as you call me. Just don't run away without telling me."

"I understand."

I took his contact number. After a few words, my brother left the house. I followed him downstairs and watched him get into the Ferrari. 

It was a mystery that his Ferrari was still intact after being parked on this street. 

"Have a safe trip, brother."

"Hm, be sure to call me."

He narrowed his eyes and glared at me. 

"I will."

When the Ferrari was gone, I heard a bunch of housewives talking about what happened last night. 

"The protest last night indirectly caused the death of a 6-year-old child, so the police showed up."

"Yes, because they were protesting and blocking the road, the ambulance carrying a child got stuck on the road and died. Seriously, I understand why they are protesting. But why do they have to cause trouble for innocent people?

Now that was interesting. Protesters usually leave behind a ton of trash after their "relevant" protest against the government. 

Hell, the next two decades would be stunning. Activists would start throwing pies at paintings just to get media attention. 

In my opinion, they are just hungry for attention. If they really want to help the planet, at least do it with goodwill. Not with nonsense like sticking your hands in the street to cause trouble.

I found it pathetic and sad. 

I returned to the house to find my wife doing the dishes. 

"Honey, about what happened earlier. I'm sorry. I didn't know Sean was going to cause trouble."

"I think your brother's just worried about you." She turned to me and wiped her hands on my shirt. 

She had just finished washing the dishes. Although it was confusing why she used my t-shirt to wipe her hands. 

"Let's talk about the shop and the house later."

"Okay." She nodded. 

"How's the kid?"

"Roman's taking care of Sophia."

The two of us entered the kids' room. Roman was reading his homework, almost as if what had happened earlier was nothing to him. 

I approached Sophia who was sleeping. 

I felt bad because my daughter had cried twice and her eyes were swollen. I touched her forehead and felt her twitch. 

"Sophia?"

"..."

She didn't answer. She kept her eyes shut, even though she responded to my touch. 

But it was clear to me that she was faking sleep. 

Did that mean that her cries before were fake as well? She cried because she wanted to prevent Sean and I from causing trouble. It would be stupid to fight in front of the kids, especially crying kids. My daughter might be a smart girl.

Of course, my daughter doesn't have any green tea characteristics... I think. 

A few seconds later, Sophia 'woke up' from her sleep and greeted us. 

"Dajjy, I'm sad."

"Don't worry, sweetheart. Mommy and Daddy are always here for you."

She sulked as Penelope hugged her. Now that we had a possible house and shop, I felt relaxed for some reason. 

I know my brother would never betray me. At least he would try to keep his promise as much as possible. 

"Honey, I am seriously thinking about it..."

When we entered our own room, Penelope leaned closer and spoke to me. 

"The children need a real house. A house where they can have their own space. With our livelihood, it will be hard for us to rent a big apartment."

"That's right."

I agreed. Renting was already difficult. We didn't even think of buying a house because the house in Manila was expensive. Even the remaining money in the bank account could not buy a house. Unless we started a housing plan and paid for the house monthly, but that would also be expensive and it would take more than ten years to pay it.

"Besides, I'm afraid that Manila will not be good for the children. Look what happened last time, you almost got killed. I'm still scared when I think about it."

"Honey..."

I put my hands around her waist and pulled her closer. The incident regarding my taxi car was still haunting her. 

She really cried so much when she heard that the robbers pointed their guns at my head. I was scared too, but Penelope was much worse. She cried hysterically. 

"Honey, I don't want to stay here. I think agreeing with your brother is the best decision. I know I'm a hypocrite, but renting a house and a store for 5 thousand pesos will help us a lot."

"Honey, you're not a hypocrite. You're an angel."

"Keith..."

"Penelope..."

We both stared into each other's eyes. Our faces moved closer until our lips touched. 

.........

......

...

"You guys are pathetic. Seriously, I can't believe my sons are growing up to be pathetic men."

An old man with wrinkles around his eyes glared at his two sons. If not for his high blood pressure, he might have already swung his cane at them. He was usually quiet but lately, he was getting talkative. Perhaps affected by his old age.

"Bradley Castillo, don't you dare talk to my sons like that."

"Huh! Your two sons are a big disappointment! I can't believe I left my companies to them!"

Bradley Castillo, Keith and Sean's grandfather. He was usually a quiet person, but once angry, he would start speaking hurtful words. 

Now his two sons were visiting him to tell him what was happening in the companies.

Bradley Castillo and his wife Matilda Castillo had two sons. 

The oldest son was Henry Castillo and the second son was Ernesto Castillo.

Henry Castillo had two sons while Ernesto also had three sons. 

The Castillo was full of sons. 

When the two sons visited their parents, they thought their father would be happy because the businesses were doing well. 

But they didn't know that Bradley's friends were bragging about their granddaughters and great-granddaughters! 

That's right, they were bragging in front of Bradley, who had no daughter or granddaughter or great-granddaughter! 

So obviously he was blaming his children for having sons! 

"My sons are disappointing!"

Henry and Ernesto looked down with sad faces. Obviously, they could not control their sperm... They wanted daughters, too, but their genes gave them smelly boys! 

10