RDD 69
529 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to David K., AR3S, Atticus C., Alejandro O.!]

RDD 69

"This house..."

"What? Is there a problem with the house? I can move you to another one if you want, although this is the closest one to FCIE."

"No, this house is great. Thanks Sean." 

I smiled at Sean after recognizing the house. 

After thinking about it for three days, my wife and I decided to accept Sean's offer.

We had already talked to Mrs. De Guzman and she was happy for us. At least we would have a place to live before the demolition. 

So we quickly rented a moving truck to transport our belongings to Cavite. 

"Honey, this place..."

Penelope came up to me and held my arm. 

The house in front of the house was not new to us couple. 

"Wow! Mommy, this house is so bweautiful!"

Sophia was amazed when she saw the bungalow house. The house was 25 square meters. By Filipino standards, this kind of house was big. There was a garden behind the house but it was untouched and filled with wild grass instead.  

However, the house is nice and everything looks new. At least compared to the last time we were here. 

I'm not lying... This was the house where I brought Penelope to do those 'things'. We both prefer this house than hotels. This house was beautiful, so of course we liked it. 

I can't remember how many times I brought my wife here to have some fun... Ah, the good old memories. 

If I'm serious, this could be the place where we created Roman, I'm not going to lie...

So Penelope's expression was spot on. She looked at the house with a complicated expression. Maybe she didn't think we would live here. 

I have the exact same expression. I used to have an extra key to this house, so I can use this house freely. 

The bungalow house has a modern aesthetic. It doesn't have a second floor, just a ground floor. That's a good thing because we're afraid to let Sophia use stairs. 

The house has five rooms. At 25 square meters, this is already enough for a family of four. 

"Thanks Sean..."

I repeated. This place has so many 'memories'. 

"Dad, this place looks great. I feel like this house is special to me."

Roman said after looking around.

"I know you will say that." I joked.

Penelope pinched my side as I replied cryptically to my son. 

I helped the movers bring our belongings inside. 

While Roman and Sophia excitedly explored their new home, the adults were busy. 

We put our important things in the room. We will move them later. As for the appliances like the TV and refrigerator, we put them where they belong. 

"Your refrigerator looks old. Are you sure you don't want a new one? I think I have fridges in my other apartments."

"No, this one is fine."

I'm already grateful that my brother let us live in this bungalow house. 

An hour later, the helpers finished their work and we gave them a 100 pesos tip for helping us. 

"Here are the keys to the house and the shop. You already know where the shop is, so you can visit it yourself. You can do whatever you want with the shop. You can renovate it."

"Thank you."

"This is the third time you've thanked me, and I'm getting annoyed."

"Okay. Do you want coffee?"

"N-no." He immediately shook his head. 

Maybe he was traumatized by the coffee rice last time. 

"I'm going to be busy these days. I'm going to Manila to meet someone and I'll be gone for a week."

Heh, probably his girlfriend or something. 

"I leave everything to you."

"Take care, brother."

Sean drove off in his BMW. The car he used this time was new, I had never seen that car six years ago. 

The house was quiet now that the helpers and Sean were gone. 

"Who likes pancakes?" Penelope said to the kids. 

"Me!" Sophia actively waved her hands. 

To help us adjust to our new surroundings, Penelope offered pancakes. 

The house was intact and clean, but most of the appliances were gone. Leaving appliances in an abandoned house like this was not a good decision. Thieves usually targeted an abandoned house to steal appliances. Besides, no one would use the appliances anyway. 

I checked every nook and cranny of the house to make sure everything was in order. Fortunately, everything was in order. 

The windows and doors were locked, and my keys were the only ones that could open them. 

"Looks like we're going to have to clean this place up."

"Why, Mommy? The house looks cwean?" Sophia innocently asked. 

"No, I can still see some dust all around." Penelope frowned, looking at the floor. 

As expected from my wife. 

For lunch today, my wife cooked fried eggs and rice. We set up the stove and Penelope prepared the dishes. 

Roman and Sophia were still amazed at the sheer size of this house. It was so damn big, unlike our last apartment. 

"Dajjy! Will I have my own woom?"

"Yes baby."

Actually, we are not sure if we would let Sophia live alone in her a room because she is still young. 

But who cares, as long as my daughter is happy. 

"Yay! Sophia is an adult now!"

... When night came, Sophia went to our room crying. 

"Wuuu wuuu wuuu wuuu, Mommy, I want to sleep with you!"

It seems she still hasn't gotten used to the sheer size of her room. Maybe she is also afraid. 

Penelope shrugged and let the little girl sleep with us.

A few minutes later, Roman knocked on our door. He entered the room when I opened it and got into our bed without saying anything. 

Obviously he chose to sleep next to my wife. 

I sighed. 

I can say that our first day in this house was something. 

When I woke up the next day, I helped my wife clean the house. Our belongings are in their proper places and the house finally look like it was meant to be. 

In the afternoon, I cut the grass in the backyard. I know my wife has wanted a garden for a long time. As a daughter of farmers, she loves to dig the soil and plant vegetables. 

12