RDD 72
508 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to Wanja A., Marcelo M. and Chris C!]

RDD 72

"Brother, has Sean talked to you about me?" I asked looking at his face. 

Damn, his mustache is sophisticated!

Instead of answering my question, Jeremy just nodded and got out of the car. 

He looked at my family and then at me. He didn't linger and instead gave me something.

He gave me a key.

"What's this?"

I frowned. Why do my brothers keep giving me things? 

If this is a novel, readers will probably be disappointed because I got these things so easily. They will probably give my novel less than three stars. They will say that my grammar is bad and that I keep using past tenses. 

I'm from the Philippines. There's no right or wrong grammar here, hell, we don't even use the correct grammatical number. Everything is singular. 

Jeremy just smiled. 

"Brother, please speak. I know you can speak. When we were young we had a conversation about tits, asses and thighs. You said you like tits while Sean prefers thighs. As for me, of course I like ass. So please don't play that mute game with me."

Heck, Jeremy said he likes big firm tits. A man of culture. 

"..."

I already have an idea about the key he gave me. It reminded me of something. 

But I feel bad. 

I didn't work to get these things, the house and the shop. They just fell into my hands. 

Maybe the goddess is helping me right now. 

"Mommy? What does tits mean?" 

Sophia innocently asked her mother. 

Penelope's lips twitched and she looked at me. Luckily, I was busy talking to my brother, so I didn't feel her cold gaze. 

"The car is yours to begin with. Don't worry, I kept it safe."

... Damn it. 

Jeremy's voice is so damn heavy. I feel like I'm listening to Morgan Freeman. 

Is it because he is tired these days and his voice is hoarse? 

He pointed to a car not far from the shop. I turned around and saw the old car my dad gave me in 1993. 

"1992 Toyota pickup truck..."

To be honest, this car was one of my least favorites because only two people can ride inside. The purpose of this car was to be a small pickup truck. Simple as that. 

It was much smaller than a truck, but it was enough to buy ingredients at the wet market. 

I looked at Jeremy in shock. 

He nodded and motioned for me to approach the car. 

"..."

I swallowed and walked over to the car. 

With the key Jeremy gave me, I opened the car and got in. 

"Brother... Thank you."

Compared to my younger years when I was a complete asshole, I'm a different person now. 

I appreciate all the goodwill I have received. My arrogance has been dissolved by hardship and reality. 

I'm a family man now. I have to be mature for the children. It is not wrong to accept this gift.

"It looks like you like it. I have more to give you."

"Brother, what are you talking about..."

Before I could finish my sentence, a truck filled with kitchen equipment gradually showed up and parked in front of the shop. 

"Brother, don't tell me..."

"These are the old cooking utensils from the factory. They're just rotting in the basement, so it's better for you to use them."

"Brother..."

I sniffed. 

Unlike Sean who likes to use physical strength to show his love, I prefer Jeremy's silent but firm love. 

"Let me hug you, bro."

"Don't touch me. It's gay."

"..."

I almost choked. 

So things happened and I helped the people from the factory move the equipment into the shop. 

My wife and two children watched a few feet away. 

As for Jeremy, he left after delivering these things to our shop. 

He gave us a mixer for the bread/meat. He also gave us a meat grinder. 

Is that a meat fridge? 

The only thing missing is the griller. Well, with my budget, I can buy one. 

I didn't know what to say. My brothers really love me.

I suddenly realized that I'm an asshole for not contacting them for six years. I let my brothers down. 

I wiped away my tears and entered the store. Penelope squeezed my arm and looked at me worriedly. 

I'm being childish right now. But my tears and snot are running down and I can't control them. 

"..."

It took me a few minutes to calm my emotions. I looked inside the shop and found that it was wide enough for the kitchen and a few tables. 

"Looks like I need to find a contractor to renovate the place."

The dust was everywhere and Penelope frowned. This place might be empty for a while. 

After we checked the shop and made sure that the equipment inside was safe, we closed the shop again. 

We just want to see the shop for the first time. Tomorrow, I will contact a contractor to renovate the shop.

The atmosphere of the shop was already great. I just need to build a kitchen inside and everything will be fine. Then I can start the business. 

Oh, I almost forgot, I have to register my business.

"Now that I think about it. Honey, why don't we register our place of residence in Cavite? Since we'll be living here from now on, it's good to change our family registration. Besides, Roman has to enroll in elementary school this year. "

Since Roman inherited his mother's IQ, he didn't have any problem learning in kindergarten. So he easily passed. 

Kindergarten is pretty lenient in the 1990s and early 2000s. As long as a kid behaved well, the teachers will pass him. Just like that. 

"Okay, you can register us tomorrow."

One adult is enough for this kind of thing. On top of that, Penelope has to take care of the kids.

After meeting my oldest brother for the first time, we went back to the house in the Toyota pickup. 

It was good that the children were small. Otherwise the car would be too cramped. 

7