RDD 73
552 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Shout out to Timothy S!]

RDD 73

"Honey, take care."

"Where's my kiss?"

"Fufu, don't be silly."

"That's not fair! You just kissed Sophia. Why can't I get mine?"

"Honey, you're being childish today. It's early in the morning, you have to go to City Hall to register our family and business."

"Where's my kiss?"

"..."

I feel like I'm acting like a child today. Well, I want my kiss. 

"Dajjy, I can kiss you instead!"

Sophia appeared, crawling. 

Oh, my sweet daughter. Unlike my wife, my daughter obviously loves me.

"Sweetie, I'll buy you a cake when I get back."

"Pwomise?"

"I promise."

"Yay! Dajjy, carry!"

I obeyed Sophia's command and carried her. She kissed me on the cheek. 

"Muah! Heh. Don't fowget the cake, Dajjy. Otherwise Sophia will never kiss you again!"

She giggled... Why do I have the feeling that my daughter just threatened me? Meh, probably just my imagination. 

How could my sweet daughter have inherited Penelope's bad side? Of course Sophia will be my sweet daughter, forever. 

I gave her to Penelope and Sophia cuddled with her mother. 

"... Come here."

"Hm?"

I took a step closer and my wife suddenly kissed me. 

I was stunned and looked at Penelope. She was smiling, but her cheeks were flushed. 

"Wah! Mommy's face is wed! Mommy is wed!"

"Hush, Sophia. I'm not red. Today is just too hot!"

Mother and daughter giggled. 

"How about you, Roman? Do you want to kiss me?"

I looked at my son who was reading Abcd's. At the age of 5, he could read English...

At that age I was still trying to be a Super Saiyan.

"Dad, that's gay."

"..."

Okay, I guess my son doesn't like kissing his dad. No problem, I understand. I didn't want to kiss my dad when I was young, he was a grumpy man who was always busy with his business. 

After being kissed by my daughter and my wife, I left the house. 

I used the Toyota pickup truck and drove out of the neighborhood. I was grateful to have a car. I feel bad that I hated this car when I was young...

"Don't worry Toyo, I will never let you down again."

I said, tapping the steering wheel. 

That's right, I already named the car after receiving it yesterday. Toyo is already a member of the family. 

Unlike Manila, which was plagued by air pollution and daily traffic. Cavite had fresh air and the road traffic is much better than in the capital. At least I can reach the city hall of Dasmariñas in ten minutes... That was damn fast, to be honest. 

There were fewer cars now.

"Two decades and Cavite will also have traffic jams."

That's still a long time and it's not my problem. The mayor should think about it, not me. 

"Hello, where can I register?" I asked the guard. 

"Are you new here?"

"Yes, my family is from Quezon City. We decided to live in Cavite."

"Hm, go to the second floor."

"Thank you."

Registration was very important. If I'm not registered, I can't vote in Dasmariñas. 

Actually, Penelope has to register as well. But she can't come with me because she has to take care of the children.

When you turn 18, you should register. That's one of your duties as a citizen of the Philippines... It's the sign that you're an official taxpayer.

To register, the city hall needs my birth certificate and fingerprints. It's a hassle. It has a long process. So it's better to register early in the morning. 

Some of the female interns kept glancing at me, so I checked my face in front of the mirror and found nothing strange. 

After signing everything, I gave the photocopy of my birth certificate. I also signed my fingerprints. So the tips of my fingers were marked by a blue thumb printer. 

As for the business permit, I gave my requirements and paid the required amount. 

When I was done, it was already 2 pm. It took me more than six hours to complete the process...

I was sweating when I left the city hall. 

"Damn, the city hall is so small."

Even though there was an air conditioner in the building, it was still hot. The place was so crowded that the air conditioner was considered useless. 

"Ah, I have to buy gifts for the children."

If you ask me, I don't want my daughter to hate me. 

Fortunately, there are a lot of convenient shops around the place. I can see a restaurant, a print shop, a bakery, and so on.

So I bought a box of cake. It was very expensive, worth 300 pesos. 

If I buy that every day, I might go bald...

With a box of cake, I got into the car and left the place. 

"It's hot..."

I realized one of the reasons why I didn't like this car... The air conditioning was not working. 

So I opened the windows to let the air circulate inside the car. 

Just like that, I spent half of my day registering my residence and business. 

When I returned to the house, the children were asleep. 

Penelope always made sure the children were asleep at noon. She said the children would grow faster if they slept at noon. 

"How was your day?"

She handed me some cold water and I drank it in a few seconds. Ah, the taste of water. It's so hydrating. 

"I have already registered. Tomorrow I will contact a construction company to renovate the shop."

"That's good. You should rest."

"Hm."

She helped me take off my T-shirt. She wiped away my sweat. I didn't notice that she looked at my broad shoulders. 

She swallowed, but I thought she was just thirsty like me. 

"Honey, I'm going to the room and take a rest. I bought a cake, you can give it to the kids later."

"Y- Yes... How about I sleep with you?"

"That's fine."

Because I was tired, I didn't feel Penelope's signals. I fell asleep easily.... When I woke up, I noticed that my wife was acting grumpy, laying next to me. 

"Humph!" She scoffed. 

"Did I do something I didn't know about?"

I muttered but she just lay there. 

11