Chapter 41 : Utter Defeat, New Bodyguards!
254 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
One had to know that the speed increase or decrease from Ocean Cruise ranged from 50 - 100%.
 
It depended on how much energy the user had, how much energy their opponent had, and also how long they wanted to maintain the technique.
 
At the proficiency that Number 1 was at.
 
He was able to use it at 60% on three targets for around 30 seconds at most.
 
He usually only did this as a last resort or he wanted to finish a battle quickly.
 
When he did it at 50% he could use it for at least 1 minute on three targets.
 
He wanted to finish off Trista Ace before she could use anything so he went all out at the start.
 
Granting a 60% speed increase to himself and Number 3 while decreasing Trista’s speed by an estimated 30 - 40%
 
The more energy someone had.
 
The less effective Ocean cruise would be to decrease their speed.
 
Number 1 laughed.
 
‘My speed with the increase will be D+ meaning that an increase of 60% increases my overall rank by 1.'
 
'I can be considered to be in the top percentile of all third years, by that fact alone.’
 
He then charged at Trista.
 
With his speed being at the highest rank of D.
 
His actions seemed to surpass what even Reno would consider superhuman.
 
In the moment that one took to blink, he was already behind Trista.
 
He then thrust his rapier towards Trista’s neck.
 
The moment he thrusted, Trista disappeared from his sight.
 
‘What!? Where is she!?’
 
He was about to turn around but before he could even try, he felt a tremendous force attack his back.
 
This attack had caused him to spit out some blood.
 
Turning around, he saw Trista.
 
Before he could do anything else, he fell onto the ground.
 
He wanted to move but his body was denying anything of the sort.
 
‘Fuck! What did she do to me!? I can’t move a muscle
 
Number three was hysterical.
 
With the speed buff, he could somewhat keep up with Trista’s movements.
 
From what he saw.
 
When Number 1 tried attacking Trista, she lightly stepped away and reached behind him.
 
Without any hesitation.
 
She then hit him all over his back with many strikes that looked like they all weighed them.
 
Before number 3 could capture anything else though, Trista looked over towards him.
 
Not being fully aware of what was going on.
 
Number 4 still did his best to try and help by tearing out a chunk of the wall and making it float in front of him.
 
He was getting ready to throw it towards Trista.
 
In some seconds, the chunk of wall was floating in front of him and the next.
 
Trista had barged through it and grabbed his head.
 
He could barely comprehend what was happening to him before Trista smashed his head into the wall.
 
She then dragged him across the wall for some time.
 
She then threw him towards one end of the room like he was a toy some kid got bored of.
 
Seeing all this, Number Three wanted to go home and cry into his mom’s bosom.
 
‘This Trista Ace is so damn scary! I didn’t sign up for any of this, I thought Reno was an easy target but why is Trista Ace here!’
 
“Uhm, Miss Trista, I would like-“
 
Before he could get another word out.
 
Trista grabbed one of his feet using it to twirl him around before she threw him into the ceiling.
 
She then sighed and went to sit down on number 1, not knowing that he was still conscious.
 
After sitting down, she used her smartwatch to notify the teachers so they could take care of the problem.
 
As soon as she finished notifying the teachers.
 
Reno, Koa, and Kori came back.
 
When Reno finished drinking the health potion and said he was right.
 
Trista grabbed his hand.
 
Reno’s face went sour. ‘It can’t be that she still wants me to go training after all that, is it?’
 
“Trista, did you hold my hand because it’s time for training?”
 
Trista nodded. “With how weak you are right now, you should be glad that I’m still willing to train you every day for the week.”
 
Trista then looked towards Kori and Koa. “You two will be coming to train with us. No ifs, ands or buts about it.”
 
“Also, from today onwards. I will leave you two in charge of guarding Reno.”
 
Koa and Kori were baffled.
 
In all honesty, they didn’t want to do something like that which would waste their time.
 
Plus with what they knew about Reno, he was coreless and was mediocre even before that. Guarding him would be a waste of their time.
 
Not hearing any response, Trista spoke again.
 
“Do you two have a problem with that?”
 
They wanted to nod or say yes so badly but after looking at the aftermath of the battle with the rest of the club once more.
 
They both shook their heads and kneeled in front of Reno.
 
Koa then started speaking. “I know that we tried to capture you for your bounty but on accord with Trista we hope you can let bygones be bygones so that we can do our best guarding you.”
 
Kori continued. “We’ll do our best so that if something like today happens then you won’t be even slightly harmed.”
 
The two then spoke at the same time. “Please let us guard you! Reno Mochizuki!”
 
Reno sighed but nodded. ‘Least you guys can do for almost killing me I guess. I will never hate more security.’
 
Seeing the nod, the twin's face’s lit up.
 
Upon starting their training session with Reno and Trista however, their faces turned sour.
 
Trista had given each of the twins some kind of gray potion.
 
They thought that it was some kind of rare potion or the type but when they felt the pain, they wanted to stay down.
 
When they felt Trista’s stare behind them though, they quickly got up and tried to run around the track.
 
Kori felt like what she was feeling was equal to all the pain she had gone through in life up to that point, whether it be physical or emotional and then some.
 
Seeing Reno in front of her.
 
Running around the track after taking the same potion bewildered her.
 
‘The hell!? Is this why he was different from the profile? To take that potion and not only bear the pain without a word but also do it every day is what I would consider insanity!’
 
Seeing him do that, raised her opinion of Reno.
 
It was the same thing for Koa but as a mage whose physical stats were even worse off.
 
The pain she felt was driving her insane.
 
The fact that Reno was spending some of his time while feeling the same pain as her or worse.
 
To help her up when she felt like curling up into a ball and giving up, skyrocketed her opinion of him.
7